Hail to the Victors

Great Game Michigan! Well PLayed and even well coached. The Gator D needs to grow up. My only question is where was that all year Wolverines? To the victors go the Spoils!:cheers:

trout, that was my question to...this thread is in no way to diss florida, it just has been so long UM has won a BIG game and I'm just happy.

Great Game Michigan! Well PLayed and even well coached. The Gator D needs to grow up. My only question is where was that all year Wolverines? To the victors go the Spoils!:cheers:

Well, Lloyd wanted to beat Urban Meyer bad. They also came out so very loose. Michigan had two losses against mobile options. They just cannot defend that. Regular spreads...even the Tebow power spread they can do well. We held FLA to 100 yards a qtr. Thats pretty good against a powerful offense. The Wisky and OSU losses...the best two offensive players were hurt. Nothing you can do about that. Just glad to cap it off with a nice win. We own the SEC in bowls..can't say that about the rest of the conference(um..OSU 0-8 lifetime).

Either way, best game I have watched this year in full. Simply exciting. Was like a road game for Big Blue in a great enviroment and the teams were jawing all day and it was truely enjoyable.

Florida is still my Numbr 1 entering next year. All about a maturing defense and getting a RB to complement things. They will be sick next year.

I agree BAR. Great game.

Florida will be awesome next year...

I'm stoked for the spread here in A2....We got a good glimpse of what will happen with it.

Florida is still my Numbr 1 entering next year. All about a maturing defense and getting a RB to complement things. They will be sick next year.

the winner of the sc/osu game will need to be reckoned with, so will georgia

there are 15 teams next year who could be legitimate number 1's...it will be a favorites year and won't be tacky like this year...there are some serious, dominant teams and the ML parlays will be a gift all year.

I agree BAR. Great game.

Florida will be awesome next year...

I'm stoked for the spread here in A2....We got a good glimpse of what will happen with it.
Exactly, RR had to love seeing that this team actually has som speed...it has gotten hidden at times.

bilde

no doubt a great picture..

I'm so glad he wasn't stubborn and went all out guns blazing.

although i think llyod carr is a total dufus, i did feel a little teary eyed after he was carried off the field. you gotta respect a guy who's been with a program for so long.... as for his replacement...ahem, ahem...

just wanted to point out..various sources are saying R2 implemented 25 to 30% of the plays today..

I believe it.

I am a Florida fan and have been for many years but I have to take my hat off to that Michigan team for what they did on that field today. They played with heart. It was good to see them redeem themselves somewhat after that horrific start they had. Congrats Michigan backers. :cheers:

Have to give both Carr and these players a lot of credit. A lot of teams and coaches would have packed it in after the disappointing first two games this program had this year. Wolverines really turned it around and i think Carr deserves some credit for that even if i have doubted his coaching in years past.
And as far as getting teary eyed when Carr was getting taken off the field .... we if you didnt get a little sentimental there then you just dont hvae a heart. the guy is a class act.

grats carr , grats wolverines , grats mich fans , and grats mich bettors.

As a Domer and an Ohian, I can't stand Michigan, but was happy to see Carr go out a winner over Meyer's Gators. (Meyer seem as smug as hell to anyone else?) You can say whatever you want about Carr, but he's a class act, old school, true Blue.

Now Bo's going to roll over in his grave when the spread offense comes to town.

u aint kidding about bo tippy....

i never have liked meyer myself, but he is a helluva coach.

i swear i want to vomit..the only way I could stomach that game is if a bomb landed right at the 50 yd line in the first quarter and took out both programs(prefer michigan first )

i swear i want to vomit..the only way I could stomach that game is if a bomb landed right at the 50 yd line in the first quarter and took out both programs(prefer michigan first )

Damn, even when your team is playing for the National Championship you are still bitter...:down2:

must say, I do root for the SEC when they play OOC but had no problem watching this game and seeing UF lose. It was fun and entertaining but I do not like Mike Hart, never did, and never will. The real super Mario though is a talent as is Arrington

Damn, even when your team is playing for the National Championship you are still bitter...:down2:

Very happy about NC..not bitter but seeing those colors(corn/scum blue) just put a sick feeling in my stomach...screw the national championship I cant wait till next November

That was awesome and congrats to Lloyd though I am from the mold it was time for him to step down and bring in some new blood. Rich Rod is going to be a huge success for this program. That offense was stella and Hunt, I wouldn't doubt it either Rich Rod had some of those plays. When I saw the spread offense, I said he had to of made those calls. a healthy Henne and Hart would have been fun to watch the whole year. You will see both be successful on Sundays.
On another note, totally CLASSLESS by the Florida team stamping on the logo before the game. I expect more out of a Meyer coached team though I believe there was that much more incentive for the boys to win. Game wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicated.
Florida def. huge next year along with Georgia and USC.

pepsi, he had to have helped...of course it will be denied till the cows come home..but this is a beginning of a new era of UM football and LLoyd finally accepted that.

:cheers:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="table_header bold">Standings</TD><TD class="table_header bold" align=middle colSpan=3>Big Ten Conference</TD><TD class="table_header bold" align=middle colSpan=4>Overall</TD></TR><TR><TD class="table_header2 bold">School</TD><TD class="table_header2 bold">W-L</TD><TD class="table_header2 bold">PF</TD><TD class="table_header2 bold">PA</TD><TD class="table_header2 bold">W-L</TD><TD class="table_header2 bold">PF</TD><TD class="table_header2 bold">PA</TD><TD class="table_header2 bold">STRK</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row1>Ohio State</TD><TD class=table_row1>7-1</TD><TD class=table_row1>245</TD><TD class=table_row1>103</TD><TD class=table_row1>11-1</TD><TD class=table_row1>384</TD><TD class=table_row1>128</TD><TD class=table_row1>W1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2>Illinois</TD><TD class=table_row2>6-2</TD><TD class=table_row2>221</TD><TD class=table_row2>157</TD><TD class=table_row2>9-4</TD><TD class=table_row2>362</TD><TD class=table_row2>283</TD><TD class=table_row2>L1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row1>Michigan</TD><TD class=table_row1>6-2</TD><TD class=table_row1>203</TD><TD class=table_row1>148</TD><TD class=table_row1>9-4</TD><TD class=table_row1>354</TD><TD class=table_row1>278</TD><TD class=table_row1>W1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2>Wisconsin</TD><TD class=table_row2>5-3</TD><TD class=table_row2>215</TD><TD class=table_row2>212</TD><TD class=table_row2>9-4</TD><TD class=table_row2>383</TD><TD class=table_row2>301</TD><TD class=table_row2>L1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row1>Penn State</TD><TD class=table_row1>4-4</TD><TD class=table_row1>204</TD><TD class=table_row1>177</TD><TD class=table_row1>9-4</TD><TD class=table_row1>394</TD><TD class=table_row1>228</TD><TD class=table_row1>W1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2>Iowa</TD><TD class=table_row2>4-4</TD><TD class=table_row2>139</TD><TD class=table_row2>179</TD><TD class=table_row2>6-6</TD><TD class=table_row2>222</TD><TD class=table_row2>225</TD><TD class=table_row2>L1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row1>Purdue</TD><TD class=table_row1>3-5</TD><TD class=table_row1>213</TD><TD class=table_row1>226</TD><TD class=table_row1>8-5</TD><TD class=table_row1>446</TD><TD class=table_row1>345</TD><TD class=table_row1>W1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2>Indiana</TD><TD class=table_row2>3-5</TD><TD class=table_row2>208</TD><TD class=table_row2>243</TD><TD class=table_row2>7-6</TD><TD class=table_row2>412</TD><TD class=table_row2>370</TD><TD class=table_row2>L1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row1>Michigan State</TD><TD class=table_row1>3-5</TD><TD class=table_row1>278</TD><TD class=table_row1>260</TD><TD class=table_row1>7-6</TD><TD class=table_row1>430</TD><TD class=table_row1>346</TD><TD class=table_row1>L1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row2>Northwestern</TD><TD class=table_row2>3-5</TD><TD class=table_row2>207</TD><TD class=table_row2>307</TD><TD class=table_row2>6-6</TD><TD class=table_row2>310</TD><TD class=table_row2>372</TD><TD class=table_row2>L1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=table_row1>Minnesota</TD><TD class=table_row1>0-8</TD><TD class=table_row1>183</TD><TD class=table_row1>304</TD><TD class=table_row1>1-11</TD><TD class=table_row1>315</TD><TD class=table_row1>440</TD><TD class=table_row1>L10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I hate Michigan, but there's something about that picture with the players carrying their coach off the field...so...soo...inspirational...

btw, I just made that pic my desktop image...

Back