gyno wagers for Saturday with writeups

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

Hit a rough patch after ALL STAR break, have to remind myself that first back from ALL STAR break is shaky, take it easy. Was doing good for so long that I thought I could just ignore that. Lost a good amount in a 4 day span but will get it back.. Still ahead for the season and looking to have another good late half of the season.

GL gents.

Have a little time today so I am going to explain why the D'backs are a solid investment @ +132 odds.

First off let me start with the opposing pitcher Cliff Lee. You can look into his ERA (3.67) and think to yourself, wow Lee is having a pretty good season. But let's dig a little deeper.

Cliff Lee OPP BA this season is .302, that is extremely HIGH. His WHIP of 1.36 is quite high especially for his standards.. I know his saber stats say he's due for improvement. BABIP .347, FIP 2.93 and xERA 3.03 but truth remains that this guy is shaky. This will be only his 2nd start since May and in his last start he got rocked giving up 6 runs. So he's still trying to get back to the swing of things.

.417 OPP SLG% this season.

Dbacks pitcher Collmenter has been for the most part solid, 1.24 WHIP, OPP BA .260. OBP of .300 which is pretty good. He hardly ever pitches a horrible game and is fairly consistent. He's also in good form now.

Arizona bats are hot .294 BA, .808 OPS last 7 games.

Not that this means much but..
D'BACKS for some reason play better on the road. 23-26 on road, 21-33 @ home
Phillies for some reason play worse at home= 21-32 @ home , 24-26 on road. Philly bats .236 @ home compared to .253 on road.

Not sure what to expect from Cliff Lee but @ +132 I am willing to find out. VALUE
cheers.gif

Oakland ML RL -187 -115

This is simple. A's off a loss, very good team off a loss. Tepesch is shit. Gray is elite.
I can get into more reasons but don't think I have too, Oakland has this!!

Giants TT under 3 -140

Kershaw straight owns the Giants. Pitcher ball park, Kershaw. I think runs will be very hard to come by for SF who already struggles to score.
Kershaw should give up 1 maybe 2 max. I doubt Giants score 4+, feel like there is a good chance that it's a win/push type of wager.

Braves ML RL
Despangne or however you spell it is definitely due for some regression, it's coming.
He threw 123 pitches last start, extra days rest. All off his routine. Teheran is going to show him how it's done.

SD is hot but this line is begging for PADRES money which tells me ATL is the play.

Not too much interest in Arizona. Definite logiic to what you said but Arizona fell on their face for no obvious reason last game. Philadelphia has suddenly won 2 straight and Lee is playing game 2 after his first start. Just no feel for the game. GL

I would tend to agree that Despaigner is due for regression and my concern is his K/BB ratio, not sure that he can get the K's that he will need on a regular basis. However, his WHIP has been great so far possibly due to having some home starts with the benefit of the SD night marine layer effect and others at SF and LA which probably helped being pitcher's type parks. It will be interesting to see how he does in other venues off the West Coast. GL.

Back