2010 College Football: 73-70 -8.55 units
2011 College Football: 40-44 +1.81 units
2012 College Football: 48-39 +8.12 units

2013 College Football: 34-16 +9.60 units
(68%)

week 8: 5-1 +3.72 units

Last two weeks: 10-2

Recap of last week:

Two straight weeks of 5-1 with defintely help the bankroll. Hit my biggest play of the season that I gave out on the radio and it barely hit. I'm still floored that Clemson only scored 7pts in the first 59:47 of that game. How is that possible? Boyd, Watkins, fast paced game with tons of possessions and still only 7pts? I will defend that play as being solid even though it was life or death.

Other plays:

Auburn +14
Superior play, 14pt dog that won S/U.. Knew A&M was in a horrible spot after that draining game vs OLE MISS and Auburn is a pretty solid ball club.

WSU +38
Got a really bad line on the game, oregon scored 62 and I still won. That line was really inflated, WSU is not a bad team and Oregon slows it down after they get up by 27.

UCONN +14
terrible team, fire everybody.. I'm a moron for betting them, sorry for anyone who followed that one.

Stanford -4
Everybody was on the Bruins, Palo Alto is a tough place to play. Its almost an auto play to bet the Trees when
they are a short price at home and not playing an elite team. UCLA is not elite.

Kansas +22.5
Another sharp play, Oklahoma is not that good and they had TT on deck so I figured they wouldn't give max effort..
Kansas is a little better than people give them credit for.

This has been a really good season thus far, hope it continues.. Hitting 68% of my plays with an insane R>O>I

Lets start thinking about week 9

1* OREGON -20½
Had this game circled before season started in August. Horrific spot for the Bruins here, doesn't get much worse.

0.7* TEXAS TECH +8

Not sure what TT has done wrong this season. Went to SMU and won by 18, beat TCU by 10, went to KU and won by 38!!! went to a difficult Morgantown and won by 10 even though they fumbled twice.. Webb has been playing great, he's thrown for over 400+ in two games in a row since taking over for the freshman. TT has an offense that is hard to stop, they have 6 guys with 20 or more catches, they have a lot of offensive packages..

Oklahoma hasn't done anything to merit calling them a great team. Blow out loss to TX, unimpressive victory vs KU, life or death vs a bad TCU team who didn't even get a first down til the 3rd QTR..Barely beat WVU at home.. I just don't think the Sooners are that good of a team.

TT has the #1 rush defense in the conference and Oklahoma likes to run the ball. I see a close game here where points will come in handy. I know its a tough venue but I feel like the Sooners HFA has been lesser lately, they have lost at home consistently last few years.

great stuff bud. love TT. u say you gave out clemson over on the radio? haha are you your towns local sharp?

0.7* TEXAS TECH +8

Not sure what TT has done wrong this season. Went to SMU and won by 18, beat TCU by 10, went to KU and won by 38!!! went to a difficult Morgantown and won by 10 even though they fumbled twice.. Webb has been playing great, he's thrown for over 400+ in two games in a row since taking over for the freshman. TT has an offense that is hard to stop, they have 6 guys with 20 or more catches, they have a lot of offensive packages..

Oklahoma hasn't done anything to merit calling them a great team. Blow out loss to TX, unimpressive victory vs KU, life or death vs a bad TCU team who didn't even get a first down til the 3rd QTR..Barely beat WVU at home.. I just don't think the Sooners are that good of a team.

TT has the #1 rush defense in the conference and Oklahoma likes to run the ball. I see a close game here where points will come in handy. I know its a tough venue but I feel like the Sooners HFA has been lesser lately, they have lost at home consistently last few years.

Agree with it all...sooners are not a good team

Stanford -4
Everybody was on the Bruins, Palo Alto is a tough place to play. Its almost an auto play to bet the Trees when
they are a short price at home and not playing an elite team. UCLA is not elite.

not yet, but neither is stanford, considering their last 3 games. but good call...it worked out for you/stanford in the end...but like with washington, or even utah, it truly could've gone either way.

1* OREGON -20½
Had this game circled before season started in August. Horrific spot for the Bruins here, doesn't get much worse.

first of all, great run. secondly, couldn't agree more.
reasoning is a bit different though. had wazzou not "caught" oregon's bad/sloppy game, ucla might've been the team to have it/catch it a week later. but because of that wazzou game, ucla is absolutely fuckin toast this weekend. no chance now of any complacency. oregon will be ultra-focused, and at their best.

Agree... It's funny Oregon played an off game and was ahead by 40 late in 4th..

Funny right?

Agree... It's funny Oregon played an off game and was ahead by 40 late in 4th..

Funny right?

yep. the sloppiness allowed it to be real close at the half though.

but yeah, oregon got a big lead cuz wazzou started turning the ball over and getting sloppy too. wazzou only played better late cuz oregon went 2nd team, when they really could've run it up all 2nd half had they chose to do so.

very funny game...was like 3 different games in all.

0.7* TEXAS TECH +8

first off, good job on the year. now i'm gonna play devil's advocate a little bit. and i haven't laid any money down on ou, but if it get's to 6.5, i'm gonna have to. As far as the raiders having the #1 rush defense in the conference, i kind of see that as a hollow stat. here's a little reason why:

It's the big 12. there isn't a team outside of baylor that is ranked in the top 30 of rushing offenses. Also, when Kansas, the big12's doormat has already been played, it kind of pads the stats. Txtech is only allowing about 123 yards/game on the ground. but when you're schedule doesn't include a single team in the top 50 in rushing in the country, it gives me pause.

Out of the big 12 teams that kliff has played, the highest rushing rank is 81, and that's west virginia. The eers ran for 183 yards on the raiders. OU is ranked 17th in the country in running the ball, and with over 303 attempts this year, they also pound the rock more than anyone texas tech has faced.

I'm not trying to count the raiders defense out completely, they're a much more solid squad than i thought they would be, but i think this is more of a scheduling phenomenon than anything else.

and it's not like OU's schedule is anything fancy, that's for damn sure....but

I think Big game bob is gonna have his team ready for this game. The sooners have a bye next week, and they're still embarrassed from what the horns did to them on national television. If the sooners can have long, sustained drives, and keep mayfield off the, um, field, then i think the 3rd and 4th qtr will belong the the sooners, due to the run game.

and ou has lost 5 total home games in the bob stoops era (14 years). 2 were last year.

my money is in my pocket for the moment, so godspeed, gyno.

I've been reading your picks for the last three weeks, Gyno, and you are a sold handicapper.

I'm new to this board this year and it is hard to tell who is full of hot air and who knows how to handicap. The first thing I look at is to see who posts their totals and if the totals are actually what they did. It took me a few weeks to find you, but I like your handicapping.

I'm also having one of my best years (all my picks are on Bloodhound's weekly threads) and I think one of the reasons is all the gibberish coming out of Vegas these days. Don't know if you watch the results of the Golden Nugget contest, but it is laughably bad. I think guys like that make handicapping a little easier by misleading the public.

Like you, I had Clemson last week. I still don't know what happened to them or why I missed that on so badly.

I bet mainly the SEC, Pac-12, and Big 12 and I don't see a one I like much this week.

Last Week 7-2
Season 38-16
Max bets 10-0
Multi-unit bets 13-3

yep. the sloppiness allowed it to be real close at the half though.

but yeah, oregon got a big lead cuz wazzou started turning the ball over and getting sloppy too. wazzou only played better late cuz oregon went 2nd team, when they really could've run it up all 2nd half had they chose to do so.

very funny game...was like 3 different games in all.

I didn't watch the game, I was at Universal City Walk.

I watched the 2nd half of the Clemson game there.

first off, good job on the year. now i'm gonna play devil's advocate a little bit. and i haven't laid any money down on ou, but if it get's to 6.5, i'm gonna have to. As far as the raiders having the #1 rush defense in the conference, i kind of see that as a hollow stat. here's a little reason why:

It's the big 12. there isn't a team outside of baylor that is ranked in the top 30 of rushing offenses. Also, when Kansas, the big12's doormat has already been played, it kind of pads the stats. Txtech is only allowing about 123 yards/game on the ground. but when you're schedule doesn't include a single team in the top 50 in rushing in the country, it gives me pause.

Out of the big 12 teams that kliff has played, the highest rushing rank is 81, and that's west virginia. The eers ran for 183 yards on the raiders. OU is ranked 17th in the country in running the ball, and with over 303 attempts this year, they also pound the rock more than anyone texas tech has faced.

I'm not trying to count the raiders defense out completely, they're a much more solid squad than i thought they would be, but i think this is more of a scheduling phenomenon than anything else.

and it's not like OU's schedule is anything fancy, that's for damn sure....but

I think Big game bob is gonna have his team ready for this game. The sooners have a bye next week, and they're still embarrassed from what the horns did to them on national television. If the sooners can have long, sustained drives, and keep mayfield off the, um, field, then i think the 3rd and 4th qtr will belong the the sooners, due to the run game.

and ou has lost 5 total home games in the bob stoops era (14 years). 2 were last year.

my money is in my pocket for the moment, so godspeed, gyno.

I feel you on a lot of what you're saying.. This is not a monster play for a few reasons you mention. OK has a bye next week..

I don't think TT defense is great but I think its good. They held 4 teams to less than 17 points, held TCU to 10, held SMU to 23. So I think the defense
is pretty good. I could be wrong but having the 16th ranked scoring defense isn't a bad stat.

Also isn't Webb going to be the QB?

I just don't think OKLA is that good. Their resume is starting to look like shit to me and TT going into Morgantown and making a big comeback like they did with
OKIE on deck impressed me. I don't think that was TT's best effort and they still won by DDs in a hostile enviroment. TT will be able to move the ball..

Thanks for mentioning that OK lost two home games last season that kind of confirmed my point, not being passive aggressive saying that either..GL

I've been reading your picks for the last three weeks, Gyno, and you are a sold handicapper.

I'm new to this board this year and it is hard to tell who is full of hot air and who knows how to handicap. The first thing I look at is to see who posts their totals and if the totals are actually what they did. It took me a few weeks to find you, but I like your handicapping.

I'm also having one of my best years (all my picks are on Bloodhound's weekly threads) and I think one of the reasons is all the gibberish coming out of Vegas these days. Don't know if you watch the results of the Golden Nugget contest, but it is laughably bad. I think guys like that make handicapping a little easier by misleading the public.

Like you, I had Clemson last week. I still don't know what happened to them or why I missed that on so badly.

I bet mainly the SEC, Pac-12, and Big 12 and I don't see a one I like much this week.

Last Week 7-2
Season 38-16
Max bets 10-0
Multi-unit bets 13-3

thats a nice season!!!

0.5* FLORIDA ATLANTIC +24.5

Bad spot for Auburn coming off emotional draining win over A&M. Now they come home to play a FAU team that might be better than their 2-5 record indicates. Lets take a closer look into what FAU is doing and their last 5 games..

They
beat So. FLA 28-10
lost to MTSU 42-35 but had 5 turnovers in that game
lost to Rice 18-14 but had 4 turnovers and a fumble late in game, FAU had a 100+ more total yds
FAU went to UAB and won 37-23
FAU lost a heartbreaker 24-23 to a very good Marshall team, yes that same Marshall team that almost beat VT.

This is a big game for FAU, they are excited to play a team ranked #11 who just beat A&M. I think Auburn will have a letdown and might be a little gassed after playing a game that had 85 points scored and 1217yds of total offense in it. I think FAU is good enough to cover a huge spread.

I'll take the 24.5 points with the more motivated team.

Yeah I know he is,met him a few times,I thought putting JK would of been better had you been :)
will listen for sure
I always used to listen to the pods but time isnt there for every pod going now
I also met the shrink a few times "before" it happend

GL pal

fwiw agree with TT,the shitdozer is exactly that,and seeing he may have to do a lil more only adds positives to the TT play

0.5* FLORIDA ATLANTIC +24.5

Bad spot for Auburn coming off emotional draining win over A&M. Now they come home to play a FAU team that might be better than their 2-5 record indicates. Lets take a closer look into what FAU is doing and their last 5 games..

They
beat So. FLA 28-10
lost to MTSU 42-35 but had 5 turnovers in that game
lost to Rice 18-14 but had 4 turnovers and a fumble late in game, FAU had a 100+ more total yds
FAU went to UAB and won 37-23
FAU lost a heartbreaker 24-23 to a very good Marshall team, yes that same Marshall team that almost beat VT.

This is a big game for FAU, they are excited to play a team ranked #11 who just beat A&M. I think Auburn will have a letdown and might be a little gassed after playing a game that had 85 points scored and 1217yds of total offense in it. I think FAU is good enough to cover a huge spread.

I'll take the 24.5 points with the more motivated team.

Im on that one as well. BOL.

Yeah I know he is,met him a few times,I thought putting JK would of been better had you been :)
will listen for sure

GL pal

fwiw agree with TT,the shitdozer is exactly that,and seeing he may have to do a lil more only adds positives to the TT play

What is your name on other forums?

When Leroys contest was going,I was at a few of the radio shows done live,all the known touts and JK,thats how I talked to John a few times,cause an English bloke taking notice of US sports appeared a bit strange to them I guess

will listen for sure

GL pal

I still have the shrinks number on my phone..

Like the fla atl play. Only thing is I like taking bunch of pts vs non hihg scoring offenses. I really do like the spot though. I bet BCS schools that play a non bcs after the midpoint of the season have not covered way more than they have covered. It's just a classic "breather" game. No reason to run it up. Just get the w, stay healthy.

Good to hear play2win.. Good to see someone from the baseball threads, had a good time picking winners with you this season.

Great run Gyno.

EOG? man I haven't been there since The General and Dirty were there.......years.
I figured you were the same poster by the style of your posts.

Good Luck and keep it running.

0.4* Stanford -3.5

Oregon St has a great offense but lets not forget they have a horrible and I mean HORRIBLE defense. I think Stanford will be able to match OSU point for point, I don't think OSU will be able to play the same defense Stanford can. Stanford is a physical hard hitting team and they play smart. Think about this, Oregon St was +2.5 vs WSU a couple of weeks ago, now they are only one point higher against a much and I mean much more superior team. I know its road and away but still, Stanford is definitely 6pts better than WSU, IMO they are 14pts better. I've been saying Mannion is great all season but this will be his toughest test.

I loved Oregon St in that game cause I knew that line was off, I like Stanford in this game cause this line is off. Stanford is the #6 team in the nation.

what are you thoughts on Oregon -13.5 1st half...i'm thinkin this is a better bet than oregon for the game or no?

I'm not too sure of that.. In my writeup for this game that I did in July I stated that UCLA might be able to keep it close early and then Oregon would just wear them out late. I could see Oregon up 24-14 at half and then end up winning 51-24.. I think the fatigue and lack of depth that UCLA has now could be more prevalent in the 2nd half.

JMHO..

i think you could be right on point with that now i think about it....UCLA reminds me of a Notre Dame team under charlie weiss...for the first couple of years. Has enough fire power to stay in the game in the first half...but get blown out in the second halves...i'm glad i checked with you on that

i missed the open...hoped it would go down...didn't...now i'm wondering if i missed all the value in the game

I like OREGON in first halves when they are playing inferior opposition. They blow them out early and then starters come in 3rd QTR. Not sure Oregon can pull away early enough to that to happen.

Talking about first halves, I think clemson is a good one.. They will come out angry I think.

0.5* CLEMSON -7.5 (1st half)
After getting embarrased on national primetime weekend TV I imagine Clemson is pissed.. They go to Maryland and face a team that is reeling right now.. Maryland lost 63-0 to FSU, then life or death win vs a dead UVA team and then got blown out by shitty WF. CJ Brown isn't playing and they just aren't good.

Clemson is still an offensive powerhouse there is no denying that. I think Clemson comes out focused and has at least an 8pt lead at halftime.

0.25* TEXAS ML +120

This looks like a trap, getting the better rested team and getting 6/5? TCU has no offense, team is not that good.

I'll bet it small just in case.

I like your picks, Gyno. I'm on Stanford and looking at Texas Tech. All picks are one unit picks this week. I'm not in love with any of them, but might double up on the Fresno State total.

Mizzou -2x
Buffalo +1x
Tulane +3x
Stanford -3x
aTm/Vandy over 68
Fresno/SDSt over 61

Missouri may be out of gas. This is their fourth straight hard game. But S Caro is playing their third straight road game so I'll see if I can win my four straight with Missouri.

I'm on the fence with Texas Tech. The TT coach is being coy about whether Mayfield will start. I'll wait until the last second on that one and see if any news breaks or I get a better line than +7.

Leaning toward the Rice/UTEP over, but I'll wait for a late weather report and injury update.

Good luck this week.

I'm not too sure of that.. In my writeup for this game that I did in July I stated that UCLA might be able to keep it close early and then Oregon would just wear them out late. I could see Oregon up 24-14 at half and then end up winning 51-24.. I think the fatigue and lack of depth that UCLA has now could be more prevalent in the 2nd half.

JMHO..

hats-off1.jpg

Back