gyno 2013 MLB playoff thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

Made 16 units off half unit wagers during the season.

Goal is 4 units in playoffs.

GL

0.65* Rays -110

Better manager, more reliable SP. Rangers offense is not intimidating anymore.

LOL you're a good guy tip..

Thanks for going to the game the other day, helped us out.. That Indians follow was amazing!!!

Dodgers to win series - 150

3 units risked to win 2 units

6 X normal wager..

playoffs record 1-0 +0.65 units

Today:
0.25* Dodgers -137

Kershaw and better sticks. Yeah, thats my writeup..

dude I'm fucking pumped.. This might be it, I haven't felt this confident about the Dodgers since I could recall..

Lifetime fan, I love this team more than any other.

playoffs record 3-0 +1.20 units

overall: +18.13 units with average risk of less than a half unit.

pending 3 units risked on Dodgers series @ -150, which is now -500 everywhere..

playoff record 4-0 +3.20 units

Overall: +20.13 units

I have reached my goal. :)

playoff record 5-0 +3.55 units

Overall: +20.48 units

1* Red Sox to win AL pennant -135

I think this is a generous line that will go higher.

I said before the season, baseball is the easiest sport to cap imho. It's not easy, but its easier than other sports..

Although I do well in CFB, I find it way more difficult. NFL is so random its silly.

game 5:

0.4* Dodgers -166
0.15* Dodgers RL +140
0.1* Dodgers -0.5 FF -115

0.6* Red Sox -117 game 1

Many reasons to like the Red Sox in this one. Wainy is not as dominant on the road, Lester is the man at home. STL .280 vs RHP, .238 vs LHP. Lester is a
LHP. Red Sox have HFA and a bullpen that is lights out.

Game 1 prop wager:

0.25* NO runs score first inning -180

Nervous bats will swing and miss early in this game.. My boy adub034 mentioned some good stats to support this. Juice isn't ridiculously high so why not?

playoff record: 9-3 +5.07 units

+21.94 units overall

Will have a big play for game 5

0.65* RED SOX/CARDS under 7 -127

Lester is a lefty and Cards don't like lefties. Wainy is a different pitcher at home. Expect a low scoring game, both BPs solid.

0.65* RED SOX/CARDS under 7 -127

Lester is a lefty and Cards don't like lefties. Wainy is a different pitcher at home. Expect a low scoring game, both BPs solid.

Also one of the best UNDER umps in the game behind the dish tonight. Like the play Gyno, good luck tonight!

Some stats on Bill Miller...

10-24 O/U this season and 75-124 O/U since 2008.

He is 20-42 O/U in his last 62 games and 17-36 O/U in his last 53 interleague games behind the dish.

Also 3-8 O/U in his last 11 games with the total at 7 or lower, and a perfect 0-4 O/U in his last 4 games with Lester pitching and him behind the plate.

A lot of people I respect mention umps..

It's probably my mistake... What you mentioned sounds great..

A lot of people I respect mention umps..

It's probably my mistake... What you mentioned sounds great..

You've been doing alright so far this season/post season w/o taking the umps into account, so I don't think you're making a mistake by any means. It may be something you can add to your capping in the future, which should help you achieve even greater success. GL tonight Gyno.

Gyno, home plate umps in MLB have a bigger impact than any official outside of maybe basketball officials? Just think, there are 200+ pitches in the course of a game and a guy with a wide zone is going to steal a lot of strikes. Maybe even more so with a team like Boston that likes to take a lot of pitches.

I know Eddings is strict, right?

There's an excel file with the umps stats stickied in this forum (not sure the last time it was updated though). Eddings isn't umpiring in the WS though, so you have plenty of time to look it up for next year. :)

I mention him cause I was watching an angels game one night and he was calling everything strikes...

1* David Ortiz under 2.5 R-H-RBIs -130
(VERY LARGE PLAY)

Cards aren't going to pitch to him and even if they do he still might not beat this. I love this wager.

1* David Ortiz under 2.5 R-H-RBIs -130
(VERY LARGE PLAY)

Cards aren't going to pitch to him and even if they do he still might not beat this. I love this wager.

adding another 0.25* on this..

0.25* David Ortiz under 2.5 R-H-RBIs -140

Back