Gurley F**K

Almost $500 swing for me. I get it , but it stung like a motherfucker. Really had no business covering the spread in that gm so mentally I had kinda accepted the lose. Whatever on to the next one

Missed it but I am guessing he made a smart play going down before scoring?

yeah, technically he did. A score would have put them up 8 with an XP pending. So yes there is a 1% chance that Zurlien misses the xp, they kick off and Rodgers scores with 50 seconds left and no time outs and then they go for 2 and get it.

IDK I was angry at first because it cost me Gurley points and the Rams cover, but it does make sense. I still think it would have been fine if he scored; hes going for the TD record after all. But I do see how it makes sense because it took the Rams chance of losing from 0.5% to 0%

Missed it but I am guessing he made a smart play going down before scoring?

Smart but still a cunt move by today's stat-padding standards.

All the money was on Green Bay too which makes it worse.

"Man, forget fantasy and forget Vegas," Gurley said after the game. "We got the win, so that's all that matters."

What an asshole, lol.

Just another fukkin' in the NFL yesterday...

From missing the over in Philadelphia by 1, to the Browns scoring with 13 seconds left to lose my under, the Donkeys kicking a FG with less than two minutes to screw my KC bet, Arizona scoring with 34 seconds left to lose my SF bet, to the Buccaneers scoring 18 in the final quarter to lose my Cinci bet by a half.

Oh, and I also needed that over in the Rams.

:angrymob:

Last edited:
That fumble recovery on the kickoff was the only chance I had of over 57 while Rams hitting on my ML & teaser. Got my hopes up for a bit. Wish GB had stopped him on third down so they would've kicked the FG. What a kick in the sack.

Just another fukkin' in the NFL yesterday...

From missing the over in Philadelphia by 1, to the Browns scoring with 13 seconds left to lose my under, the Donkeys kicking a FG with less than two minutes to screw my KC bet, Arizona scoring with 34 seconds left to lose my SF bet, to the Buccaneers scoring 18 in the final quarter to lose my Cinci bet by a half.

Oh, and I also needed that over in the Rams.

:angrymob:
Damn InZane & I thought I had a bad day. Sorry man

Yeah if he went in, the over woulda hit. Ended at 56! He scores and the over 57 hits! Hahah it’s all good, shit happens. What a prick though!!

Thanks, I need to just scale back on Sundays, it seems like the money I make on college during the week gets lost on the pros.
Describes my weekend exactly...and I barely watch the NFL at all. Last 2 weeks - won Saturday, lose Sunday

in my personal opinion, it is an easier loss to swallow when you consider that the rams really had no right to even be in that position; the packers were the right side 100%. sure I would have loved to luck into a W, but the team that deserved the cover got the cover

As much as I wanted him to score (I had over), it really was a smart and unselfish move by Gurley. Just shows me he's more after the W than the stats.

We kill people all the time who are selfish, not sure why he's getting any criticism.

The real selfish player was Ty Montgomery running the kick out of the end zone and fumbling away the Packers chances to win outright and cover the over. And McCarthy gives this guy scrimmage plays that could be going to Aaron Jones because he doesn't trust Jones enough? Another idiot.

It’s no different than taking a knee imo Not sure how you can complain about a player guaranteeing a win. That is what they are there for.

yeah, technically he did. A score would have put them up 8 with an XP pending. So yes there is a 1% chance that Zurlien misses the xp, they kick off and Rodgers scores with 50 seconds left and no time outs and then they go for 2 and get it.

IDK I was angry at first because it cost me Gurley points and the Rams cover, but it does make sense. I still think it would have been fine if he scored; hes going for the TD record after all. But I do see how it makes sense because it took the Rams chance of losing from 0.5% to 0%
It was 100% the right move. Ended the game. Anything could happen after.

Smart but still a cunt move by today's stat-padding standards.

All the money was on Green Bay too which makes it worse.

"Man, forget fantasy and forget Vegas," Gurley said after the game. "We got the win, so that's all that matters."

What an asshole, lol.
Actually, this saved several books. The money was on Rams straight/ML parlays and teasers. They breathed a huge sigh of relief.

I was sitting in the Super Book, mixed crowd reaction really. Seemed like close to 2 way....I needed GB to finish some parlays so big swing for me

In college, ASU was up 3 with 1:23 to go and third and one at the USC 45. A first down ends the game. Wilkins keeps and runs 45 yards for the TD, not sliding or going down like Gurley did. USC went 4 plays 65 yards for a TD and were kicking on onside kick down 3 with :35 seconds to go.

Good job by Gurley, bad job by Wilkins.

Back