Gundy - Round 2

Im not quite sure how he survives this in this current climate

There are a lot of people in trouble if we are going go back 30 years
This is akin to the sex cases at various universities nowadays (USC, the entire big ten east).

Something that was done 30-60 years ago is coming back into the light.

Do journalists just keep a list of people they have dirt -- or rather alleged dirt -- on and wait for an opportune moment to unleash it? Given the t-shirt drama, this allegation could only find more willing believers and more willing outrage.

The political ramifications are of zero importance, as they always are to everyone except politicals.

But the attack on the First Amendment and the capitulation of what seems to be the entire country is shocking to me.

Both the left wing nuts and the right wing morons employ a tactic similar to the one the Germans (right wing morons) and the Communists (left wing nuts) used to control the population--have a watchdog on every block (twitter fulfills the purpose in this age) to monitor all thought and punish any deviation from the party line--always framed of course as the moral position--without mercy.

I feel sorry for the population. Offend either extreme and you could be history at your company or at your school. What are companies and schools so afraid of they are willing to restrict free speech?

I'm my own boss so my replay remains the same when anyone tries to control my speech or thoughts--go fuck yourself.

The last thread wasn't so terrible IMO.

Here's a thought for moderators. Lay out the ground rules clearly. And if they're violated then shut it down. But hopefully everyone here will be mature enough to adhere to the outlined rules.

When expectations are murky it's easy to veer off-track.

The political ramifications are of zero importance, as they always are to everyone except politicals.

But the attack on the First Amendment and the capitulation of what seems to be the entire country is shocking to me.

Both the left wing nuts and the right wing morons employ a tactic similar to the one the Germans (right wing morons) and the Communists (left wing nuts) used to control the population--have a watchdog on every block (twitter fulfills the purpose in this age) to monitor all thought and punish any deviation from the party line--always framed of course as the moral position--without mercy.

I feel sorry for the population. Offend either extreme and you could be history at your company or at your school. What are companies and schools so afraid of they are willing to restrict free speech?

I'm my own boss so my replay remains the same when anyone tries to control my speech or thoughts--go fuck yourself.
Who is attacking the first amendment? Chubba's twitter post about Gundy was a political statement. Both apologized. Apologies are not good enough for one side so that side went to Round 2. My issue is him thinking that a news channel is racist (because that is what he is told). He can say whatever he wants. The original tweet by Chubba was for political points. He underestimated where some people would take it and he may lose his coach over it. His coach has been pretty good for his college football career so far.

The last thread wasn't so terrible IMO.

Here's a thought for moderators. Lay out the ground rules clearly. And if they're violated then shut it down. But hopefully everyone here will be mature enough to adhere to the outlined rules.

When expectations are murky it's easy to veer off-track.

this really isn't a CFB topic imo. ITs a larger societal issue involving a CFB coach.

In general, if people can discuss without the personal attacks then everything should be good

This nonsense has to end already. We have gotten way past the point of it being about equality. This is all about changing history and ruining peoples lives that have different political views.

Defacing and removing statues is not going to accomplish anything other than angering people. The days of institutional racism ended long ago and everyone in this country has the opportunity to be successful.

I really would have like Gundy to just say that he has done nothing wrong and that people shouldn't be offended by a shirt with the name of a conservative network. It would be nice to see someone stand up for themselves but unfortunately Gundy wasn't strong enough to stand up to the bullies.

I really would have like Gundy to just say that he has done nothing wrong and that people shouldn't be offended by a shirt with the name of a conservative network. It would be nice to see someone stand up for themselves but unfortunately Gundy wasn't strong enough to stand up to the bullies.

This new thing is a different animal though.

Digging something up from 31 years ago that he denied is a bit much. Before wearing this shirt there has never been a complaint about this coach. Gundy was gutless in apologizing but its pretty much par for the course at this point.

Yeah. Unfortunately, we are going to see more and more of this with sports. It's sad on many levels. Especially for the kids and coaches.

Speaking of trash, I wonder if Myles Garrett will reassert his accusation that Rudolph said the n word? This could become a real legal thing, sort of like how with metoo feminazis innocent men fall victim to accusations of sexual harrassment.

Speaking of trash, I wonder if Myles Garrett will reassert his accusation that Rudolph said the n word? This could become a real legal thing, sort of like how with metoo feminazis innocent men fall victim to accusations of sexual harrassment.
You put both Garrett and Rudolph on a lie detector test. One will fail. One will pass. I'm putting my money on Rudolph telling the truth and Garrett flat out lying. All my money.

So Oklahoma State investigated Gundy and found no racism within the program. Despite the findings they cut his contract length by one year and he took a million dollar pay cut. I expect Gundy to finally be pried loose after this upcoming season (Miami would be smart to go the Oklahoma State route again since it worked so well the first time with Jimmy Johnson).

Think about it this coach is being punished for wearing an OAN T shirt. Free speech is pretty much dead in this country and its despicable.

Last edited:
I wonder if Chubba will be allowed to run up his stats at the end of games this season, since he cost his coach a million. We will probably never know since I doubt we have a season this year.

I don't know any of the clauses in his contract but if it were me I would have made Oklahoma State fire me instead of taking a pay cut. Either way another school is going to get a heck of a good coach after next season.

Back