Guardians vs. Yankees ALDS Discussion Thread

Biebs and McKenzie ks for sure

Two very good bullpens so not sure they need to go more than 6 innings but Yanks are all or nothing

Could see a couple very long games

Cleveland has better starting pitching, a significantly better bullpen, better defense, and better base running. The only thing the Yanks can do better is hit, especially for power. That said, pitch around Judge and they're pretty easy to hold down. Too reliant on analytics (looking for what the percentages tell them too, instead of hunting fastballs), and too reliant on swinging for the fences.

Take the Guardians for the series, and in each game. Yanks best chance is when Nestor pitches, but the pen is in complete shambles.

Now don't take this the wrong way, as I've been saying Cleveland will beat the Yanks. (Any playoff team would in a short series, tbh.) But MLB is all about ending droughts. It's been evident over the years, and it became evident again tonight.
As soon as ESPN failed to show any other angles of Naylor (potentially) coming off the bag, I said "here we go." My son later texted me two different shots he found online that clearly showed he was off the bag.
It is what it is, but that's Manfred's MLB for you. Screw Tampa...but the powers that be (umps, MLB, etc) cost the Rays that game. Guardians still would've won in a game three, imo, but they weren't going to risk it.

@Yanks27Sox9 Great Write-Up. Around +180 Is A Good Price On Cleveland Tonight!

I played tribe Ff tt ov 1.5 +140 I think. Cole hasn’t realky been dominant, tribe should have more success in yanks band box than they did at home in cold and super strong wind blowing in over weekend. I think they can manage 2 off Cole at nice price: I don’t particularly trust Quantril tho. Yanks better not lose this game. Imo game 1 is incredibly important to yanks and Braves.

Didn't work out, as Cole settled down after the HR. Thought for sure he'd give up 2 of them tonight. Bob Costas said it best tonight when summing up Cleveland though. They've scored 4 runs in 3 games. Just not enough offense, unless Bieber or McKenzie is pitching lights out/pitching a shut out.

If Thursday's game is rained out, and they play Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon, that will really further expose the NYY pitching. They've got Nestor and Sevy to go up against Bieber and Triston, but from there it's scary AF. Cole can come back for one of them against Quantrill again, but who else do they throw? Taillon? German? No thanks, from my perspective. Also, you see the state their pen is in right now. With 4 games in a row, it will further expose how incredibly thin they are back there. And the starters don't go deep at all. In other words, this series is a long way from being decided. The value was with the dog, and it should continue that way.

Still, that was $50 that I didn't mind losing on the side tonight. ;) Still won money on the game, as Ramirez got me the total bases prop!

Didn't work out, as Cole settled down after the HR. Thought for sure he'd give up 2 of them tonight. Bob Costas said it best tonight when summing up Cleveland though. They've scored 4 runs in 3 games. Just not enough offense, unless Bieber or McKenzie is pitching lights out/pitching a shut out.

If Thursday's game is rained out, and they play Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon, that will really further expose the NYY pitching. They've got Nestor and Sevy to go up against Bieber and Triston, but from there it's scary AF. Cole can come back for one of them against Quantrill again, but who else do they throw? Taillon? German? No thanks, from my perspective. Also, you see the state their pen is in right now. With 4 games in a row, it will further expose how incredibly thin they are back there. And the starters don't go deep at all. In other words, this series is a long way from being decided. The value was with the dog, and it should continue that way.

Still, that was $50 that I didn't mind losing on the side tonight. ;) Still won money on the game, as Ramirez got me the total bases prop!

I really needed cle to get 1 damn run across when they had bases juiced, hitting the Ff ov 1.5 woulda helped my night. Fuckers not supposed to strike out and do so when they have a great chance to push a run across. They in some trouble cause I thought they had way better chance to score off Cole than they do Cortes cause they been awful against lhp this year.

their saving grace (other than bieber) will be how deeply they can get into the yankee bullpen

I think my perception on tribe vs lhp was wrong, I recall June/July they were sporting one the worst team ops in baseball vs lhp, I looked this morning and for the season that number all way up to very respectable .717, the must have raked lhp down the stretch to raise the ops that high! Sometimes gotta be careful with perception, it can steer ya wrong!! Lol

Back