VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
MLB Parlay for Today at (+616) Features Two Series Finales

Cleveland Guardians vs. Seattle Mariners
Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 4:10 p.m. ET at T-Mobile Park in Seattle

Who Starts for Cleveland?

Triston McKenzie starts for Cleveland.

This year, McKenzie is his team's most profitable pitcher.

Overall, he's yielding +6.45 units.

McKenzie vs. Mariner Batters

McKenzie is in a great spot to back because this is a day game.

This game starts at 1:10 p.m. local time.

So far, McKenzie's daytime ERA is a superb 2.02.

His career daytime/nighttime splits reinforce the notion that he is a much better daytime pitcher.

Plus, he matches up well against Mariner batters.

They rank below average in slugging against his favorite pitches from righties.

Who Starts for Seattle?

Marco Gonzales starts for the Mariners.

In utter contrast to McKenzie, Gonzales is his team's least profitable pitcher.

Overall, he's yielding -2.30 units.

Seattle has been a bad team to back in his starts not just overall but also more specifically at home, as an underdog, and during the day.

Gonzales vs. Guardian Batters

The Mariner southpaw throws four pitches between 13 and 37 percent of the time.

These are: the fastball, changeup, cutter, and curveball.

Guardian batters merit optimism today because they match up well against him.

They rank 10th in slugging against his favorite pitches from lefties.

Chicago White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles
Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 7:05 p.m. ET at Camden Yards in Baltimore

Situational Spot

Baltimore deserves bettors' trust because it is in a strong situation today.

This situation is created by its loss in its most recent start and by the fact that it is playing at home today.

The Orioles are, in the second half of the season, 6-0 in home games that directly follow a defeat.

Who Starts for Chicago?

Apart from their strong spot, Oriole batters look reliable against today's White Sox starter, Lance Lynn.

Lynn suffers a career 7.30 ERA in three appearances in Baltimore.

Plus, he suffers for being primarily a fly ball pitcher.

In terms of slugging rate, Baltimore is at its best against this type of pitcher.

Who Starts for Baltimore?

Baltimore starts Jordan Lyles today.

He used to be a difficult pitcher for bettors to back.

But now the O's have won five of the last six games in which he started.

Overall, he has been particularly good to back at home.

In Baltimore, he is yielding +5.1 units.

Lyles' Current Form

Lyles might seem unreliable given the number of runs that he's allowed in both of his past two starts.

However, he suffered in both starts from an opposing BABIP (batting average of balls in play) that was unfortunately high.

His FIP (like ERA but factors out fielding) was 3.35 in his start on the 14th and 0.62 in his start in the 19th, showing that his current form is actually excellent.

Lyles vs. White Sox Batters

Primarily, Lyles throws a fastball, slider, sinker, changeup, and curveball.

These four pitches make up 97.9 percent of his arsenal.

He merits optimism today because Chicago ranks 24th in slugging against these pitches from righties.

Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox
Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 7:10 p.m. ET at Fenway Park in Boston

Who Starts for Toronto?

Kevin Gausman starts for Toronto tonight.

Gausman is superbly reliable against Red Sox batters.

He has accomplished a sub-2.30 xFIP in all four of his starts this year against Boston.

FIP is like ERA but factors out fielding, while xFIPis like FIP but adjusts for the league-average ratio of fly balls to home runs.

Who Starts for Boston?

Boston starts Kutter Crawford today.

Crawford is struggling. He has yielded an FIP over 5.50 in each of his last three starts.

Generally, he struggles to avoid walking batters and to avoid giving up home runs.

Crawford vs. Blue Jay Batters

Toronto hitters look reliable in this contest not only because they are facing a soft test but also because they rank fourth in slugging against Crawford's favorite pitches from righties.

Look out, among others, for George Springer today.

Springer is hitting an absurd .552 and slugging .724 in August.

Best Bet: Parlay Guardians ML at -120, Orioles ML at +102, Blue Jays RL at -107 at +616 odds with BetOnline

Seems odd to me cle matches up w those 4 pitches from lefties while as a team they have one of the lowest ops in baseball against lhp?? I agree w the play but just strange they have that high a slug when they collectively have a ops of .643 against lhp.

This why I beef with the die hard analytics guys, any metric that says lyles has ever pitched excellent is suspect! That Mfer ain’t ever been that good outside the occasional random start maybe,, considering how bad cws offense has been today could be one those days but I honestly don’t thinj O’s getting enough plus to back them today as I think Lynn over lyles warrants a bigger number than what they giving. After all lynn xfip is a full run better than lyles i believe.

This why I beef with the die hard analytics guys, any metric that says lyles has ever pitched excellent is suspect! That Mfer ain’t ever been that good outside the occasional random start maybe,, considering how bad cws offense has been today could be one those days but I honestly don’t thinj O’s getting enough plus to back them today as I think Lynn over lyles warrants a bigger number than what they giving.
You must really love Lyles to be trying so hard to inspire him. Come on, he's never pitched excellently?

You must really love Lyles to be trying so hard to inspire him. Come on, he's never pitched excellently?

I didht say that, I said possibly the occasional random start, I doubt for any kind of long stretch tho. I certainly couldn’t find one this year, I’m assuming he getting really good run support to be so profitable. Line just feel little light to me cause lynn is without a doubt better than him. Xfip says w full run this season and it hasn’t exactly been a great season for lynn thus far.,

I think O’s a better team, I don’t hate idea of playing them or anything, I just don’t think it enough plus money for how big I think the discrepancy is between lynn and lyles.

All that said I’m not paying juice for the privilege of backing cws cause they have been overrated trash all year, I just looked at odds to win the Al central yesterday and was shocked they had lower odds to win div than the twins, it doesn’t matter how mediocre this team is they continue getting the benefit of the doubt. I like balty way way more, they the opposite of the white Sox. I wanted to back them every game this series but just felt like we should be getting more plus here cause the pitching matchup.

I def want to see O’s win so yea, hopefully this one my classic rants where guy goes out and pitches a shutout to make me look stupid, lol. Hasn’t really worked to inspire yadi to hit anything this year tho!

Back