Griffey

• Thread starter Thread starter buckeyeburritos
  • Start date Start date
:smiley_abcs: one of the best hitters in the game of baseball....ever!!!! nice work Jr.!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] MIAMI -- Cincinnati's Ken Griffey Jr. hit his 600th home run on Monday night to become the sixth player in history to reach that milestone.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] The Cincinnati star homered off Marlins left-hander Mark Hendrickson with Jerry Hairston on third and one out in the first inning.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] The left-handed swinger launched a 3-1 pitch 413 feet into the right-field seats. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Former Chicago Cubs slugger Sammy Sosa is fifth on the all-time list with 609 home runs.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10859887
[/FONT]

If u got this game on, what happened to hairston that he had to come out of the game?

obviously this won't happen but volquez has a no-no thru three innings. wouldn't it be great if he pitched a no-hitter the same day griffey hit 600 ?

The reds future is looking great. I hate to say this on his big night, but we need to get rid of Griff and Dunn.

i think the reds had hoped that patterson would progress and that they could unload griffey and use bruce. But patterson has been so bad that particular plan lost legs.

Its amazing to me that Volquez can walk so many batters and stay out of trouble. I guess that is what happens when you can throw 96 with your fastball and 80 w/ your changeup. If he could cut down on the walks he would be going 8ip every start instead of 6

Its amazing to me that Volquez can walk so many batters and stay out of trouble. I guess that is what happens when you can throw 96 with your fastball and 80 w/ your changeup. If he could cut down on the walks he would be going 8ip every start instead of 6

speaking the gospel ETG !!!

View attachment 20957

View attachment 20958

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaTitle colSpan=5>Ken Griffey Jr.'s milestone home runs</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaTextBold>No.</TD><TD class=vaTextBold>Date</TD><TD class=vaTextBold>Opponent</TD><TD class=vaTextBold>Pitcher</TD><TD class=vaTextBold>
On base​
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaText colSpan=5>
grey.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaText>1</TD><TD class=vaText>April 10, 1989</TD><TD class=vaText>White Sox</TD><TD class=vaText>Eric King</TD><TD class=vaText>
0​
grey.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaText>100</TD><TD class=vaText>June 15, 1993</TD><TD class=vaText>Royals</TD><TD class=vaText>Billy Brewer</TD><TD class=vaText>
0​
grey.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaText>200</TD><TD class=vaText>May 21, 1996</TD><TD class=vaText>Red Sox</TD><TD class=vaText>Vaughn Eshelman</TD><TD class=vaText>
2​
grey.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaText>300</TD><TD class=vaText>April 13, 1998</TD><TD class=vaText>Indians</TD><TD class=vaText>Jose Mesa</TD><TD class=vaText>
1​
grey.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaText>400</TD><TD class=vaText>April 10, 2000</TD><TD class=vaText>Rockies</TD><TD class=vaText>Rolando Arrojo</TD><TD class=vaText>
0​
grey.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaText>500</TD><TD class=vaText>June 20, 2004</TD><TD class=vaText>Cardinals</TD><TD class=vaText>Matt Morris</TD><TD class=vaText>
0​
grey.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaText>600</TD><TD class=vaText>June 9, 2008</TD><TD class=vaText>Marlins</TD><TD class=vaText>Mark Hendrickson</TD><TD class=vaText>
1​
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
Back