Grabbing the Wolves plus 2

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
No problem with ml plays but they are not available. Portland concludes their road journey on ESPN Thursday night at the Kings. These teams are developing some real history which will be on the mind of this Portland team tomorrow. Think we see a very flat effort at Minn tomorrow from a very tired and uninterested team. GL

nice writeup, like it as well. however, I'd wait for the ML to come out. even if the line goes the other way, no way itll move so much that would make wolves faves, thus laying -110 (I suspect) on +2 would kinda hurt. Even if the line makes a big move to +1, and you waited, you'd still get around +110 on ML. 20 cents difference, as there is very little difference b/w +2 and ML

but I like the play

Tuck these guys are my baby's and I have gone over this game for the last hour.

I have nothing right now.

telfair out as you likely know. might be worth looking. also after reading papers, Roy sayin how they needa win everygame. I know they can't but maybe they bring all they got to a Minny team without their starting PG. ionno

does telfair out concern you? or is this bet soley on Portland's tough schedule in 4/5 all off close games

Telfair out can only do good for Minny, but I think that Portland is the best bet for today. Portland won Minny during its streak twice by 11 points, both at home and on a road and the fact that Minny has problems with positions 2 and 4, where Roy and Aldridge areplaying, leading me o a conclusion that Portland is the bet tonight, but small investment...

i'm on portland. not gonna fade portland here. portland played tough against cavs to lose it in the end. portland will win with their youth. brewer out telfair out walker out. who scores for minny? jefferson a lil gimpy. fade the wolves. i'm on portland.

guys, I could easily be wrong. Do not see these teams as equal but, Minn has 2 more games with Portland. They have a big rest edge today. The last game will be at Portland with them playing b-b . Tend to see this as a win or be swept game. You do not have to agree but I know relations between the Kings and Portland are Not good. It is very hard to try very hard for 5 games in a short period of time. Usually some game gets stinted Portland is 6 games behind GS. Not really realistic to make the playoffs and Roy has played more than 40 minutes in all of the other 3 games. Nate Should rest him tonight. Not saying he will but it would be best long term for the team. gL

i'm getting talked out on portland. almost got me there. who knows by days end, i will have nothing on this game. something for thought.

In the short run, what they do, depends on their goal for draft picks....

Miami wins 11
Wolves 14
memphis 15
seatle 16

if the wolves want one of the top two picks, now is the time they will start tanking...

Jefferson's twisted ankle against the Clippers is the perfect excuse to sit him, in Tank mode....

we will see....

Certainly right to worry about tanking. Going thru Wolf blogs I hear people saying its time to lose. Small bit of history. Going back to 2004 Portland has been a road fav in the 2 to 0 range 3 times. At Seattle they lost 99-87. At Atlanta they won 111 to 109 and at Chicago back in 2004 they lost 87-92.

would you really consider history back in 2004 when this team is nothing like the team of 2004? hard not to consider the 4/5 as it is a rough spot. just looking at it plain and simple, portland is a better team. i believe telfair out helps minny but he is a decent PG that dishes well. randy foye played well last game as the starter. but after that they are thin on their bench with an 8 man rotation.

wolves 4-5's: jefferson, gomes, smith.
VS.
blazers 4-5's: pryzbilla, aldridge, frye, outlaw

wolves 3-1's: mccants, foye, jaric, snyder, brewer
VS.
blazers 3-1's: jack, roy, webster, blake, jones

only thing i agree is the tough spot for portland playing 4/5 on road. they have youth. they'll get over it.

Certainly right to worry about tanking. Going thru Wolf blogs I hear people saying its time to lose. Small bit of history. Going back to 2004 Portland has been a road fav in the 2 to 0 range 3 times. At Seattle they lost 99-87. At Atlanta they won 111 to 109 and at Chicago back in 2004 they lost 87-92.

Tuck whose blogs are you reading?

I go to both newspapers and read fan responses. One guy was saying they were getting too close to the grizz to suit him in terms of ping pong balls. My feeling is after years of very shifty management the present management are just playing things straight right now. Spend a lot of time at the Blazers Edge blog which I like a lot.

I listened to a interview today while getting a car wash, and the Wolves coach said the key to this game is Defense. I played the under when it came out for a large bet, but noticed it has come down quite a bit. Was thinking it still looks good @ 186.5.

Another thing to note is Randy Foye is back and he is starting. Remember the Wolves traded Roy for Foye in the 2007 Draft. Telfair being out doesnt affect the wolves because Foye is in his place and will play the boatload of minutes. Foye has something to prove tonight.

I havent pulled the trigger yet on the Wolves ML, but I firmly believe this is a letdown game for Portland on there road trip....

Portland is in a grueling 4/5 played Cleveland all the way to the wire, and now have to face Minnesota who is rested. Its nice for Minnesota because we have been beat by Portland twice already this year.

Minny wont go into tank mode for few more games, these past 2 games and the next few going forward should have Minnesota playing well to sell hope for fans in the upcoming season.

GL tuck..understand the spot..if this was April I would blindly play Portland though....

Everygame is a must win for the top 10 teams out West

Back