OU 1H -6'
Baylor 1H -10' (2u)
OU TT O 34
Baylor TT O 45 (3u)
Oregon TT O 44' (2u)
Wisconsin TT O 34' (3u)
Duke/Navy O 56 (2u)

Last edited:
Record staying about the same, just over .500, but have been fortunate to be hitting my 3+ unit plays so I'm up a good bit unit wise. Hope to keep it up, but I know the gambling gods will get theirs at some point. Good luck to all

SEC Week 6 Notes:

Alabama's AJ McCarron only played 5 series vs overmatched Georgia St. He led 5 td’s and it was 35-0 with 6:11 left in the 3Q when they brought in Blake Sims. Sims hit 14-18-130. It was 38-0 at the half with Bama having a 308-40 yard edge. The Panthers went 46/9pl getting a 53 yard FG to avoid the shutout on their opening drive of the 3Q. Bama missed a 30 yard FG and played conservatively in the 2H. Frosh DE A’Shawn Robinson made his first start in place of Ed Stinson and a lot of youngsters saw action.

Georgia was in a letdown spot clearly vs Tennessee last week and were very fortunate to escape with the win. Justin Worley outpassed Georgia’s Heisman candidate hitting 17-31-215 while Murray was 19-35-196. Rajion Neal rushed for 148 yards on 28 carries and UGA’s leading rusher was JJ Green who had 17-129 as both Todd Gurley (out) and Keith Marshall (injured 1Q) were out. Tied at 24, Tennessee drove 80/13pl converting on 4&1 at its own 29, then converted on 4&1 with a 28 yard pass to the UGA7 and got a td with 1:54 left. UGA got a td with :05 left to force OT. Tennessee appeared to get a td in OT but as Pig Howard stretched for the endzone, the ball slipped out of his hands, hitting the pylon. It was originally ruled a td, but overturned into a TB after review. UGA gained 0 yards and got a 42 yard FG to escape with the 3 point win

South Carolina’s Steve Spurrier was not too happy that Jadeveon Clowney’s ribs were too sore for him to play against Kentucky. He talked about it at the post game press conf saying, “...if he doesn’t want to play, he doesn’t have to play. Simple as that.” Connor Shaw was not supposed to play but did and hit 17-20-262. Spurrier improved his personal career mark vs UK to 20-1. The Gamecocks finished with a 453-301 yard edge and actually scored td’s on their first 3 possessions going 77/4pl, 80/10pl, 71/9pl and appeared on their way to a rout, 21-0 with 14:20 left in the 2Q. UK answered with a 75/14pl drive and only trailed 24-7 at the half with SC having a 292-116 yard edge. SC went 53/11pl for a 41 yard FG to go up 27-7 but then UK went 75/12pl for a td. SC fumbled the KO and UK went 35/5pl and shockingly it was 27-21. SC went 80/7pl for a td, but UK responded with an 81/8pl for a td. SC took over at its own 39 with 4:02 left leading by 7. They converted on 3&7, added another FD, then took a knee at the UK36 successfully running off the final 4:02

Mississippi St was selling out vs the run vs LSU and Zach Mettenberger hit 25-29-340 yards. While the final score shows LSU winning by 33, it certainly looked like a letdown spot for a good portion of the game. Les Miles moved his record to 21-1 after a loss. LSU’s D gave up 468 yards. In fact, at the half LSU had a 334-274 yard edge but they trailed 23-21 when they got a 14 yard td pass with :17 left in the half to lead 28-23. Miss St pulled within 28-26 to open the 3Q, but down 31-26 missed a 42 yard FG. After, in what was the game changing play, the Bulldogs were intercepted and returned 40 yards to the 5 with 14:24 left. LSU got a 5 yard td run to go up 45-26. After MSU was SOD, LSU drove 66/6pl for another td then, after a fumble, drove 26/6pl for a td with 1:21 left for the 33 point win where they only had 27-23 FD and 563-468 yard edges.

Mississippi was in a let down spot coming off their big game vs Alabama. They would have 24-19 FD and 464-375 yard edges in the game against Auburn. In fact, in perhaps the key play of the game, Ole Miss, trailing 6-3, had the ball at the AU19 but Bo Wallace was intercepted and returned 78 yards for a td with 1:39 left in the 1H to make it 13-3. At the half UM had a 232-186 yard edge but trailed 20-6 thanks to that 14 point swing. UM got back to 27-22 with a 13 yard td pass with 8:29 left. After an exchange of TO’s and punts, Auburn took over at the UM31 and got a 23 yard FG with 3:02 left to go up by 8. The Rebels got out to their 38 but on 4&17 took a sack back at their 28 and Auburn took a knee. QB Nick Marshall rushed for 140 yards becoming Auburn’s fourth 100-yard rusher of the season joining RB’s Corey Grant, Cameron Artis-Payne and Tre Mason.

Florida only had a 355-275 yard edge vs Arkansas and the FD’s were even at 17. A key for the Gators was Solomon Patton who took a couple of short passes the distance and had 124 yards on just 6 receptions. Tyler Murphy hit 16-22-240. The Hogs did rush for 111 yards on 29 carries. On their 2nd possession they fumbled at the UF29 but then went 64/8pl for a td to lead 7-0. UF got a 42 yard IR td by Loucheiz Purifoy with 8:33 left 2Q for their first lead then on 3&12, Murphy hit Patton with a 51 yard td pass with just :20 left in the half to give them momentum. Prior to that play, Arkansas had a 150-91 yard edge. UF did open the 3Q with a 75/7pl drive for a td to lead 24-7. It was 24-10 when the Gators went 42/5pl getting a Murphy-to-Showers 9 yard td pass with 4:47 left. Arkansas had a 4&gl at the 3 with :55 left and was SOD.

It was James Franklin - the QB for Missouri - vs James Franklin - the coach ofVanderbilt - and the younger Franklin’s squad dominated this game (probably even more than the 51-28 score would indicate). The Tigers went 75/5pl for a td, 30/7pl for a 44 yard FG and then after an interception, 11/1pl for a td to lead 17-0. They went 50/7pl but settled for a 29 yard FG and a 20-0 lead. VU did put together a 75/15pl drive for a td but MU answered with a 75/7pl drive for a td, 48/9pl drive for a 41 yard FG and led 30-7 at the half with a 288-109 yard edge. The teams traded td’s on the first 4 possessions of the 2H, 44-21. After another exchange of td’s early 4Q, it was 51-28. Missouri just ran it on 4&14 for a 2 yards with 1:23 left and VU picked up 66 of its yards on the final 6 plays of the game getting to the MU22. MU finished with a 523-468 yard edge.

Thoughts on the Over 63 in the Mizzou @ GA game? I forsee a shootout, but, want to confirm with the SEC master.

A couple of my own SEC thoughts:

Repeating myself, but UGA seems to have found a way to win the tough games. That's 2 games in a row that teams in years past would have lost. Good for Richt and Murray. Unfortunately, it was a very costly win on the injury front. UGA may be the best team in the SEC, but they are on high upset alert due to injuries. If they manage to win out, it will be Richt's finest coaching job to date.

LSU showed the ability to shake off a rough start, albeit against a vastly inferior team. It appears that LSU has 2 NFL caliber WRs to go with an NFL QB and RB, which makes them a tough out vs anyone in the country. The defense still hasn't shown much, but it won't matter against most teams

I know it was just Vandy, but Mizzou continues to impress. They can score and that makes them dangerous since none of the top teams in the SEC take playing defense very seriously

Something just ain't right with South Carolina. Clowney is quickly becoming a cancer and it may be spreading to the rest of the team. ETG would certainly have a better feel than I do, but this team is too good to let Kentucky hang around and have their best player ask out of games.

I may be the only one on the board who watched the Bama game in its entirety. Many will roll their eyes at taking any stock in what happened, but I think it was a great game for Bama to be available to get some younger players reps, especially the ones who are being pushed into the 2 deep. AJ seemed more comfortable making throws, and the OL finally looked like a Bama OL. Again, you can't discount the talent gap, but I think it helps Bama get better and build confidence that will be needed going forward. Also nice to see Saban give playing time and the chance to make plays to the walk-ons. Calling the under might have been the easiest bet I've made in a long time.

I watched most of the Ole Miss/Auburn game. My takeaway is that they have similar talent levels, but Hugh Freeze might be the worst in-game coach the conference has seen since Mike Shula. Auburn is certainly gaining confidence and momentum, but Nick Marshall was injured and there are rumors that it is potentially serious. There's talk of them starting true freshman Jeremy Johnson, who has the potential to be a stud, just not sure he's ready for what Auburn has in front of them. Back to Ole Miss, I think they are going to have trouble with their 4 play offense and going for it on 50% of 4th downs. Freeze needs to learn he can't coach like it's high school. There's talent there, he's just not using it. Wallace has the worst pocket presence of any multi-year starter I've seen and I thought Brunetti looked much better.

The SEC is separating itself into tiers. Here's how I see them as of right now:

1. Bama, UGA, LSU, aTm (barely)
2. South Carolina, Florida (think both of these teams have the potential to move to the 1st tier)
3. Mizzou, Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Vandy (when these teams play each other, the home team will win, or at least cover)
4. Miss St, UK (just bad teams)

Thoughts on the Over 63 in the Mizzou @ GA game? I forsee a shootout, but, want to confirm with the SEC master.

I don't see how it isn't a shootout. Seeing a total of 63 in an SEC conference game is becoming the norm

Week 7 SEC:

aTm -6 @ Ole Miss: While Aggie can't stop anybody, it doesn't matter as much with JFF on your team. Ole Miss is a dejected team with a moron for a HC. Coming off the bye, think Aggie can come up with a decent enough game plan to limit OM's 4 play offense. They'll score, but aTm will score much more. Something like 48-27

Miss St -11 vs Bowling Green: No real opinion on this one. Miss St is not good. Know nothing about BG. My guess is that if Miss St can beat up on them, they will, because there aren't many wins left on the schedule for Mullen. However, BG seems to be one of the better MAC teams and likely not that far off from State in terms of talent. No play for me

Missouri +8 @ UGA: I marked this game in the preseason as a bad spot for UGA, and I told myself watching the UGA's game last week that I would be on Mizzou no matter the line. I was hoping for DDs, and it may have gotten there if it weren't for all of UGA's injuries. Missouri has proven it can score and UGA still hasn't stopped an offense with a pulse. UGA has played in 4 tough games out of their 5, and have to be looking toward their bye in 2 weeks after Vandy next week. Those tough games are obviously taking a toll on the team. I'm not ready to call for Mizzou to win, because we still don't really know what we have with them, but I believe they have the offense to score enough to cover, and I think UGA is tired and injured enough to not be able to put them away. UGA in a one score game

Florida +7' @ LSU: SEC game of the week. For whatever reason, I find myself rarely watching Florida games. Must be a timing thing where they play during other games I'm more interested in. Also seems like I am against the Gators often as well, maybe because of a lack of familiarity, or some deep-seated bias that I'm unaware of. This game is big because the winner will continue to control their own destiny within the division. Tough game to cap with the emergence of Murphy for UF at QB, albeit against 3 of the worst teams in conference, because we knew what we had with Driskell. Even with UF's offensive deficiencies, they do field the best defense in conference to date, which they'll need against LSU's offense. LSU's defense is still experiencing growing pains, and I think UF will try to slow the game down because they know they can't get into a track meet with them. I think LSU will win, but it will be a tough hard fought game that won't be decided until the 4th quarter. I lean taking the points right now, but will watch the line the next few days. If it gets under a TD, I'll look at taking LSU.

SC -6 @ Ark: As I mentioned earlier, something seems off with the Cocks. Obviously the Clowney thing has been a distraction, first with his supposed lack of production, and now with his somewhat dubious injury situation. Arkansas is not a good team, but they have some pieces in place and will be at home. Do the Cocks rally and start playing to their potential, or will it be more of the same so-so performance. SC's B game is enough to cover the spread (I think), but this is a big game for Arky. I lean the home dog, and if it gets to a TD or better, I will be on the Hogs

Bama -27' @ UK: Doubt UK scores much in this one, so the cover will be based on Bama's ability to execute the offense. There have been signs of improvement in that area and Bama is starting to solidify who they can count on and who they can't. I'd imagine we'll see 6 or 7 OL take significant snaps and will look for AJ to be able to run the entire offense. I look for Bama to continue to progress and have a good offensive showing against an inferior opponent. As for the cover, Saban has shown the tendency to try to shorten the game once the outcome is decided, so 4 TDs becomes a big ask. I'm leaning toward Bama winning something like 38-7. I think the line is spot on and will likely pass. Maybe a team total play on gameday

AU -? vs Western Carolina: Haven't seen the line yet, but wouldn't surprise me to see AU fail to cover. Last week was AU's biggest win since the championship year, so there's a good chance of hangover here, especially with the Tigers being relatively young. Throw in the injury to Marshall, and Gus would be dumb to keep him long, if he plays at all. Once I see the number, I'll decide whether or not I'll bite.

I think the UF/LSU game goes one of two ways. They way you described it with the potential for either team to win late or a blow out by LSU. UF defense is stout but has been starting slow, especially against the run. If LSU comes out and has success running the ball that's gonna bode well for the passing game and this UF team is not built to overcome large deficits. The running game for UF has been stale with Jones not being able to get into a grove. I think Murphy gives them a better chance of moving the ball, but he isn't gonna be able to overcome a two td lead. For UF to be successful they have to come out and stop the run and force them into predictable passing situations and be able to have some semblance of a running game.

Those are big ifs and makes it hard to bet this game imo.

Florida +7' @ LSU: SEC game of the week. For whatever reason, I find myself rarely watching Florida games. Must be a timing thing where they play during other games I'm more interested in. Also seems like I am against the Gators often as well, maybe because of a lack of familiarity, or some deep-seated bias that I'm unaware of. This game is big because the winner will continue to control their own destiny within the division. Tough game to cap with the emergence of Murphy for UF at QB, albeit against 3 of the worst teams in conference, because we knew what we had with Driskell. Even with UF's offensive deficiencies, they do field the best defense in conference to date, which they'll need against LSU's offense. LSU's defense is still experiencing growing pains, and I think UF will try to slow the game down because they know they can't get into a track meet with them. I think LSU will win, but it will be a tough hard fought game that won't be decided until the 4th quarter. I lean taking the points right now, but will watch the line the next few days. If it gets under a TD, I'll look at taking LSU.

Your SEC knowledge is second to none and internal insight like this is truly amazing. Now drop your Gator bias and get on the Murph money train. GL

Thanks Mulligan and Dwight. Maybe Florida can earn my loyalties today.

A quick note, Auburn pulled the redshirt off of true freshman QB Jeremy Johnson to start today against W. Carolina, meaning that Marshall might be out for a while, or Gus is a moron when it comes to roster management. I'm leaning the former. Anyway, JJ is a stud, but he is a true frosh playing his first game (albeit against a vastly inferior team). Because of that, I suspect there will be a limited playbook available, and this is a sandwich game for Auburn after their big win last week and aTm on deck. I'm betting there's a hangover here and Gus wants to ease his QB of the future in to build confidence if he may have to start in College Station next Saturday. AU's defense still not very good, so AU wins 45-17 or thereabouts

Awesome stuff here, GEE PEE ESS ... can't wait to see a shootout in Athens, and have yourself a great weekend!!

Your SEC knowledge is second to none and internal insight like this is truly amazing. Now drop your Gator bias and get on the Murph money train. GL
thespunkercomholdthat.jpg

Back