GOY

Mets2008

Pretty much a regular
Game of the year today
i normally am anywhere between 1-3 units on a play. I have 20 units on this play :seeya:

BOSTON REDSOX ML -130 20 UNITS

Explanation: last week Boston had chance to take division lead in game 2 and had 1 run lead in 9th and Papelbon blew it.
1. Today they have the best pitcher in the game on the mound or should I say the best big game pitcher for last 5 years on the mound.
2. They have a team they could have put away last week in their sights again.
3. They are going against Andy Sonnastine who against teams he faces for the first time has pitched very well second time gives minimum 4 runs up
see Yankees, CHW, Baltimore, Toronto
4. You have added pressure for TB of actually playing in front of home crowd which today will be a negative not a positive

Prediction Boston 9 Tb 1
I can not see Boston scoring less than 5 runs and i cant see Tb scoring more than 3

I have the best team in the game, the best money pitcher in the game, a second shot for Boston to retake the lead, a mad closer, a veteran team. Only things against me are it is in Tampa and I am posting it! :hang:

Best of luck to all who follow I see this as a blowout and would be shocked if this was not in the bag by the 5-6th inning. Thank you for your time

Food for thought:

Home plate umpire, Gary Darling, is a real homer with a 22-9 home team record this season. I know it won't scare you off your play but it is something to think about if you are making this 5-10 times greater than your average play. GL.

You want to make a "Game of the Year" play on the road, against a team in the heat of a pennant race?

Not sure I think that would be an ideal spot.....

GL sir.

sonanstine is not that bad... beckett is not a dominant force this year and the team you are fading is off a 12+run loss. I can see your logic, but there are so many opposing angles. I wish you luck.

gl on it mets, ill certainly be pulling for it. my brother had a play on the sox as well. beckett hasnt been a dominant pitcher much of this year. but since clearing his mind of any serious injury, and returning from the dl, i will say his last two starts since his return have been excellent. his first game back AT texas, he was near untouchable ala last years playoffs, but may have gotten fatigued in his first start back and only went about 5 i think. his last start at home vs. tampa bay he was again solid letting up 1 run in 6 innings. he was using his curveball ALOT vs. tampa and was throwing it extremely well. i do look for him to dominate this lineup today and if the sox bats get 4 or 5 runs, that should be enough. like the play.

not a fan.. good luck though .. u wild!.. i just get scared bud cuz I myself have felt great about plays and instead of sticking to my guns i got out of my realm of betting my units and boom something bad happens... just a thought.. u bet 1-3 units now 20 units on this play a road favorite.. why not 10 units or 5... just a thought.. wildness for dayz!

check sonnastine's starts against good hitting teams the 2nd time he has faced them; if i lose with beckett in a big spot so be it.

through 6; big 7th inning as TB has heart of lineup up; regardless of result i badly judged Sonnastine he has been excellent

Tough one. Cost me some . Boston was a tad overpriced with Bay absent but I still rolled with it . Got what I expected out of Beckett as did you ...silly move to pull him after 95 pitches IMO....

was shocked Bay was not in lineup really felt it would have made the difference..and now come to find out his wife was having a kid. I guess my capping needs to improve.

Why didn't Francona bring in Papelbon in the 9th when there was two guys on base? Was he overused the last few days or not available? If not then he is a dumbass for not bringing him in. Yes Masterson has been pitching well but that was a huge situation with 1st place on the line.

beckett pitched a hell of a game, its a shame the sox couldnt get a few runs for him in a big game. as for francona pulling him after 95 pitches, it was the correct move. this was beckett's 3rd start since coming off the DL, throwing 80 and 84 pitches in the first two starts. they said this would be his last restricted start hoping to get 90-100 pitches outta him. francona has always protected his players and will continue to do so. as for not bringing in papelbon, masterson actually was throwing the ball pretty well. masterson has proven this year to be pretty solid against left handed hitters and has the ability to get double play balls frequently. i dont think bringing paps in there was necessary.

i've always liked how torre used rivera if the game was big rivera would get 2 innings if the yanks were leading. if game tied he'd be in for 9th and 10th innings. That game last night which made it a big game in my mind is boston wins and takes this division they open at home against a 500 team. They lose and dont win the division they open in anaheim. Francona played it like it didnt matter which bothers me.

I agree Mets. Was just going to post Torre and how he has used Rivera in the past. No way in hell do you not bring in Papelbon in that situation. Don't care how Materson was pitching. You have a top three closer in baseball waiting in the bullpen to get you out of a jam and you don't use him??

Back