Got My Phil Steel Magazine Today!!!

The magazine is just as great as it always is--best in the business--but he did a strange thing this year.

Because the NCAA granted a blanket ruling of an extra year of eligibility for all athletes competing in a fall sport Phil lists all players as being in the same class they were last year. So a guy who started every game last year as a freshman is still listed as a freshman.

It's not the way I would have done it because we know from the guys who were seniors last year that only a small number chose to return and play an extra year, so why treat every single player on the roster as if they will automatically play an extra year

So it's annoying, but still a minor quibble. The overall information is still the best

I had to go digital with him, as my eyes could no longer handle the small font. The digital product has gotten better and fairly easy to navigate around.

HW2q4xc.jpg

Got mine at Barnes and Noble today.

Before I read I go through with a highlighter and a pen and mark up some things I want to quickly reference.

The magazine is just as great as it always is--best in the business--but he did a strange thing this year.

Because the NCAA granted a blanket ruling of an extra year of eligibility for all athletes competing in a fall sport Phil lists all players as being in the same class they were last year. So a guy who started every game last year as a freshman is still listed as a freshman.

It's not the way I would have done it because we know from the guys who were seniors last year that only a small number chose to return and play an extra year, so why treat every single player on the roster as if they will automatically play an extra year

So it's annoying, but still a minor quibble. The overall information is still the best

I just noticed this as well looking at Purdue's roster. I saw David Bell listed as a SO and I was like, wait...he wasn't a Freshman last year and then I saw George Karlaftis and I knew he wasn't a Freshman last year. That is going to be confusing at first glance throughout the projected depth charts and misleading.

One other thing is the inconsistency of AP vs Coaches All Conference selections and how they are noted in the book. How can Stinley be a 1st Tm CB for LSU in the Coaches list, but then not be 1st or 2nd Tm in the AP? The Coaches have Ricks as 2nd Tm, but he isn't 1st or 2nd Tm in the AP. Phil Steele only has Coaches All Conference players noted on the depth chart. He should note any player that makes 1st or 2nd Tm in either AP or Conference Coaches list. Probably my favorite part about page 1 of the team preview is the statistical and experience notes next to the players names in the projected depth chart so not accurately noting All Conference players bothers me. I highlight them myself.

Dude I got my 1st pair of cheaters/readers the other day

Pretty depressing
Got my first last January at -1.25 which made a huge difference til I had to go up to -1.75 a couple weeks later, man those eyes must have been screaming for help for quite awhile

Got my first last January at -1.25 which made a huge difference til I had to go up to -1.75 a couple weeks later, man those eyes must have been screaming for help for quite awhile
Yea man. Still adjusting to the pulling em on and off

I close my eyes for a sec before I look up…if you know what I’m saying

Unfortunately I purchased the digital version again, hoping it was going to be improved functionality. It's actually even worse navigation than two years ago, with primitive features. Very disappointed, basically unusable to me.

Well they refunded my $ for digital version, still can't believe how bad the product was. I had to buy the magazine version, and now will need a fucking magnifying glass and a bottle of advil to read that small font.

That's weird the digital is so bad.

I don't know what I'll do if he stops printing the actual book, I need the book so I can write in it and shit, I mean I can't remember this stuff and being able to flip a few pages quickly is essential.

I inquired with a local print shop on a 82 page project double sided full color print from PDF doc and it was $57! Fed Ex Office, nearly double! Damn

Back