Gordon looking doubtful

Bear

Pretty much a regular
From the Chicago Tribune:

Chicago Bulls' Ben Gordon sounds iffy for Game 5

<TABLE width=515><TBODY><TR><TD>K.C. Johnson
BOSTON -- Ben Gordon has played in all 82 games three times in his five NBA seasons, including this one, so the sobering account the tough guard gave on his strained left hamstring following Tuesday's morning shootaround at Emerson College is no idle chatter.

"Not good," Gordon said, when asked how the injury felt. "It didn't get worse, but it doesn't feel any better."

Gordon didn't participate in the shootaround and said he's been icing the injury and using electrical stimulation to try to get the hamstring to respond. He will test what he said is a Grade 2 strained hamstring before Game 5.

"It's my call, but I have to go off how it feels," Gordon said. "It doesn't feel good. Hopefully I can play. If not, we have Game 6 at home (Thursday)."

Gordon suffered the injury during the second quarter of Sunday's double-overtime victory. He played close to 33 minutes following the injury but needed a painkilling shot at halftime to do so.

"Maybe some of the pain and swelling wasn't there then," Gordon said. "The swelling got a lot worse. I'm hoping for a miracle."

Coach Vinny Del ***** said Kirk Hinrich would start for Gordon if he can't play.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

No way i play the Bulls without him. If you do play, you might want to wait till it's confirmed, you may be able to get 8.5- 9 pts w/o him if he doesn't play.

No way i play the Bulls without him. If you do play, you might want to wait till it's confirmed, you may be able to get 8.5- 9 pts w/o him if he doesn't play.
Even at 8.5 to 9 points it still sounds scary to me

Celts/bulls discussion

Looks like Gordon will not start and probably will not play at all. I think Boston will take advantage of that and put the smackdown on the Bulls. Without Gordon the Celts should be able to get into the rythm that they have not been able to find easily this series. It should turn out like game three, but with the local line at 9 I am still torn. I still don't think an extra point and a half is enough to even out the loss of Gordon. Prolly Celts ats or nothing for me....thoughts??

Pretty strange the line hasn't moved. Actually I saw some -8 earlier today that are no longer available. Personally I think losing 1 player in a team sport is not as big a deal as most cappers make it. Granted there are exceptions... will the C's will all of a sudden outrebound & outplay the Bulls? What have you seen to warrant laying this much chalk? Despite a bad shooting performance, Salmons played pretty well down the stretch in game 4. Rose was great & Noah was making plays. Plenty of talent on this team to take the C's down to the wire. Not sure I can play the over without Gordon, though I do expect the Bulls to push tempo a bit.

gordon looked horrible in OT with that hamstring and got extremely fortunate he was knockin down shots. He couldn't defend a tree and if his hammy isn't ok I'd expect the same here. Not much hurt on offense, but D is where it might show

WOW sorry about the mis information...Gordon is playing....looks like I may have got my tit in a ringer....

Back