Goop's NCAAF Picks for Week 8

Goopster24

Pretty much a regular
Let's see what I can do with posted plays. Have been doing solid but not posting plays and wanna see what I can do with that. I really like this week's card and I feel there are going to be some great games this weekend, just like every. BOL to all.

10/18
South Florida -2 (4 units)

10/19
Northwestern -10 (2 units)
UConn +3 (2 units)

10/20
Illinois +3 (2 units)
Kentucky +7 (2 units)
Auburn +11 (2 units)
Indiana +7.5 (2 units)

On South Florida @ Rutgers

I know a lot of people are expecting Ray Rice to have a huge game because of their line versus the smaller defensive front of the Bulls. I am not ready to buy it and I still love this Bulls team. They have done a great job of stuffing rushers week in and week out. They do great on early downs and lead the nation in tackles for loss. Selvie will have another big game and I think Grothe will step up on the big stage again. This Bulls team I feel is doing a great job of focusing on what is at hand at the given moment. Leavitt is the coach of the year, hands down.

I really like Rutgers but not in this spot. USF is playing for a lot and they lost this game last year. They seem to remember those kind of games. I am very pumped for this game and I will be watching it on the big screen with playoff baseball on the computer via Slingbox. This should be a great game with high intensity on both sides. BOL to all!

Like some people have said, if USF can get Rutgers in long yardage situations, Rutgers will have a long, long night. I think USF will be able to do that and control the ball overall.

1-1 last night (-3 units)

10/19
UConn +3 (3 units)
Northwestern -10 (2 units)
Louisville/UConn UNDER 58 (3 units)
Northwestern/Eastern Michigan UNDER 58.5 (3 units)

like the under in lou/uconn game especially with the rain. might jump on uconn too....not sure. gl brudda!

Actually lost 3.4 units last night, was 1-1.

4-0 tonight, two great games overall.

(+7.6 units)

BOL to all tomorrow.

This week: 5-1 (+7.6 units)

10/20

11:00am CDT

ESPN - Indiana +7.5, 7 (2.2 units)
ESPN GP - Cincinnati -9.5 (4.4 units)
ESPN 2 - Iowa +7 (2.2 units)

11:30am CDT
1H Oklahoma -17 (2.2 units)
ESPN GP - Alabama +1 (2.2 units)

2:30pm CDT
ABC - 1H Ohio State -10.5 (2.2 units)
CBS - Kentucky +7 (2.2 units)
Texas Tech +3.5 (2.2 units)

7/8:00pm CDT
ABC - Illinois +3, PICK (2.34 units)
ESPN - Auburn +11,10 (2.2 units)

Some of the lines such as the Indiana one and Illinois one I took early in the week and then also put some more money on it tonight, so both lines I took are shown.

Really like Cincinnati after I watched how bad Pittsburgh's defense was against Navy. I think Cincinnati is legit and their offense should have some fun tomorrow.

Iowa is a play I was looking at all week and I feel Christensen should be able to pass over the weak Purdue secondary. It's on the road, but Iowa has had Purdue's number the past several meetings, so I will take the points in that one.

I liked what I've seen out of Alabama and I think they will come to play in this game. Both defenses I feel are vulnerable and I think Wilson will step up to the occasion. At home too, so I like them in this rivalry game. Also, with Saban's first turn at this rivalry, I feel he will get his guys very fired up for this one.

I love Oklahoma but 30 is a lot to lay so I want to get on them for the first half. I think they should have some fun against that Cyclone defense. Stoops knows he has a shot at the BCS and will gun it out from here on out.

Ohio State is a great first half team and I think Tressel runs away early with this one. I will stick to the first half line and hope that the .5 points don't bite me. Might put some more on this one depending on how the morning games go.

Texas Tech might be my second favorite team in the nation next to the Buckeyes. Everyone is saying shootout with this one but I got a feeling that Texas Tech could win this one by at least 10. Missouri's secondary is one of the worst in the country and they will probably play zone, looking for Harrell to make a mistake, which is rare itself. I think Texas Tech's defense will come to play in this one also.

I'll put some more thoughts on the other games tomorrow.

One thing to note: I've talked to my friend who is a writer for the Michigan newspaper and he says everyone there is saying Hart WILL NOT play. Not sure how much credit people will take in a student publication, but still, it is some news. He is listed as a game time decision though. Stay tuned.

nothing like a pure night of picking.

gl tom on your calls. im still looking over things. im liking bama and illly as of now.

Added some more units to some plays already locked in:

Texas Tech +3.5 (2.2 units)
Kentucky +7 (1.4 units)

Back