Good Friday MLB Card (3 Plays)

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
2009:
Totals: 5-1
Favs (140 or less): 3-0

Todays plays

Texas/Detroit OVER 9.5 - Texas has the BEST lineup in baseball, period. I'll stand behind this all year. That being said, Galarraga gets to face these killers today. He was probably the most consistant Tiger pitcher last year. Good luck to him today.

On the flipside, the Tigers lineup is average, BUT they do get to face Kris Benson today. Benson had a decent spring, but he's still a career 4.34 ERA guy and hasn't pitched a real game since 07. He was 1-4 with a 5.52 ERA in AAA before the Phils cut him. He might get plastered today. Game should be like 9-6 today.

Oakland/Seattle UNDER 8 - I love these 2 kids. Not as much as I loved Greinke v Floyd the other day, but this is close. Rowland-Smith was 3-2 last year, but the M's were 3-8 in his starts due to horrid run support. In his 2 starts vs Oak last year, his ERA was 2.63.

Anderson for Oakland had his debut pushed back a day, and makes for a nice matchup tonight. I'm still not excited about the M's lineup. Anderson threw 105 minors innings last year, finishing with a 3.64 ERA with 118 K's and 27 walks. His spring training numbers were even better, going 3-1 with a 2.83 ERA. Since both of these teams IMO are in the bottom 5 in the AL in terms of lineups, makes the under play even easier for me to make.

Reds -139 - I kicked around the runline too at plus 145, we'll see how I feel later. I love Cueto, loved him last year, but he MUST get more consistant. His final numbers were not great last year, but over his last 7 starts, he was 2-3 with a 3.94 ERA, and the Reds only scored 2 or more runs once in those 7 starts. His ERA went down and I fully expect more run support today. Votto is 7-13 on the year so far with 2 HRs and the Reds have scored 15 runs over the last two games.

And...

Karstens is throwing for Pitt. Does it get any better? Karstens had 2 sick starts BUT in his final 7 starts last year (1 vs Cin), he went 0-6 with a 5.70 ERA. His spring numbers rocked too. 0-2 with a 6.17 ERA giving up 30 hits in 23 1/3 innings (7 games).

This one could get ugly.

Best of luck to everyone today. :)

Prolly a good idea. I figured it might be closer to 11 today with the pitchers going and they way Texas has come out

LOVE THE CARD MAN.....look at my thread, i have 3 plays and 2 of them are urs too...i swear i wasnt copying!

Love the As under and the Reds

Also love the Twins as a dog....anytime you can fade an aging junkballer who is well past his prime at + money, you gotta do it! gl brotha

how do you rate your plays? do you just bet equal amounts on each game? btw, great start to this season!!

Yes, with baseball being such a long gring, I flat bet everything. I'd include units but god knows the first time I'm off a half unit with a 70 percent win percentage, the idiots will come out firing. Not worth the headache.

Good luck today buddy. I'm still deciding how I want to play that Tex/Det game. I totally agree with your assessment on the total and in fact I'm seeing 10's at some places now. But I'm kind of liking Detroit as a side play, think the fact the books opened it at -160ish could be a slight hint to something. Either way, I'll be on Detroit OR the Over...so let's get it done today! GL!

Yes, with baseball being such a long gring, I flat bet everything. I'd include units but god knows the first time I'm off a half unit with a 70 percent win percentage, the idiots will come out firing. Not worth the headache.

not a baseball bettor, but can you give me a quick lesson of what exactly flat betting is.

like the reds are -139, are you betting 139 to win a 100, or do you lay 100 to win 71

and the over 9.5 is -110, are you bettin 110 to win the 100 or laying 100 to win 90

thats what i know about flat betting, but dont know which is which. :shake:

Wizard, you pretty much got it. Use 100 as an example. I'd lay 139 to win the 100.

If I take a dog, which I haven't yet, say its plus 125, I'll lay the 80 (or whatever it comes to) to win 100 even.

i'm starting to like baseball totals. they could be over by the 1, 2 or even 3 inning sometimes if you have the over. nothing better than starting a day game with a W.

good start bro ...

have to say i dont think texas is the best lineup maybe best lineup at home or best offense whatever the proper way to phrase it but they are just decent imo on the road ...its all moot though :cheers:

Back