Golf Plays..

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
A

abcs

No need to get overconfident, I will try to remain humble..
trx-smly14.gif

Solid 3 - 1 last week, hitting my 2 large plays. That makes us 5 - 1 on matchups the last 2 weeks. :tiphat:The tournies are really winding down. I think Tigers event is coming up and that will be extremely sexy for the true golf lovers. Anyway there is a decent field in Australia.. although I think Adam Scott is at a wedding and Ogilvy Ohern aren't playing. I am staying away from the Japanese tour this week since I get all of the names confused. So look for at least 1 play.. studying course history right now. :blahblah:

Some reputedly disgruntled Australian professionals appear to have backed down on their threatened boycott of the Australian PGA golf championship next month, Fox Sports have reported.

In what has been widely viewed as a cry-baby response, several US-based Australian pros had hinted that they were considering boycotting the event over the amount of appearance money reportedly being paid to fiery South African Rory Sabbatini to play at Coolum.

Journeyman Paul Gow initially sparked the controversy when he told a Sydney radio audience that he could see some of the better-known Australians not playing because Sabbatini was being paid $200,000.

"And we all know him and know he's not worth it," said Gow

:down2:

Love this play like BAR loves laying Chalk on the stons on the road :new_shocked:

The England team of Ian Poulter and Justin Rose +105 to finish in the top 4
Poulter, Rose ready to partner together in World Cup

Oct. 29, 2007<!--CHANGE PRINTER ICON-->
print_off.gif

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">var clickExpire = "-1";</script>Firm friends Ian Poulter and Justin Rose are hoping that the strength of that friendship can inspire them to victory in the Omega Mission Hills World Cup at Mission Hills Golf Club in China from November 22-25.
<!--startclickprintexclude-->
<!--===========IMAGE============-->
omega12.jpg
<!--===========/IMAGE===========-->
<!--===========CAPTION==========-->Justin Rose (WireImage)<!--===========/CAPTION=========-->​

<!--endclickprintexclude--><!--startclickprintexclude--><!-- INLINEAD BRANDING: /.element/tmpl/1.0/ad_areas/story/DEFAULT/default/inlineAd.txt --><!-- //INLINEAD BRANDING --><!--endclickprintexclude-->Poulter and Rose served their golfing apprenticeships together as room-mates on the European Challenge Tour over eight years ago and have subsequently driven each other to the pinnacle of the game with 13 professional victories between them.
Now safely ensconced inside the top 50 on the Official World Golf Ranking, Poulter and Rose have achieved world class consistency in 2007 and are hoping their impeccable standards will help them emulate Paul Casey and Luke Donald's 2004 victory to bring the Omega Mission Hills World Cup back to England.
"It's a great opportunity to play with Justin and it would certainly be nice to win the World Cup," said Poulter. "Justin has come close and the England side has been strong for a number of years. It will be an exciting week and to pair up with Justin in what could, hopefully, be a pairing next September at The Ryder Cup as well. We will have a bit of fun out on the course at Mission Hills.
"We have been friends since the Challenge Tour. I bumped into him when I was first reserve at the French Open and he was on the putting green. We got chatting and then started rooming together on the Challenge Tour. We have been very good mates for eight years now. We are neighbours in Lake Nona and play quite a few practice rounds together when we are over there together. It's going to be brilliant at Mission Hills and more than anything it will be great fun."
Rose said: "I'm really looking forward to the World Cup. Ian and I go way back and to have the chance to represent my country with one of my good friends is going to be exciting. The friendship that we have will hopefully create the right atmosphere for us to play good golf -- that's what we are hoping for anyway."

Poulter is also coming off a win. This team should be cash money on the greens !$!$

I love the play on the Poms. Rose is also defending champion at the Mastercard Masters in Melbourne, but he has decided not to defend so he can represent his country: a sure sign he means business.

Where did you find them at that price? My book is only paying 1.80 for Top 3!

I can't wait for the summer of golf. The action all gets underway on Thursday out at Huntingdale! I'll be out there most days I think.

Jarrod Lyle to beat Nick Flanagan H2H over the tournament @ 1.90

Lyle played a LOT of golf at Huntingdale as a junior and knows the course very well. Although winning his PGA Tour card, Flanagan has done nothing in Australian events. With the added spotlight, I don't see it changing dramatically any time soon. Plus, Lyle is headed straight back to PGA Tour Q-School in the US in a couple of weeks to try and save his card, so he will be wanting to get some solid form under his belt between now and then.

Ahhh, it's so good to sit back in the arvo with some LOCAL golf live on TV!!

Not the greatest start for my bet, but there's a long way to go. Lyle in the clubhouse at +2 and Flanagan almost finished at -2.

Been watching Badds for the past few holes and he looks a little out of sorts. Although sitting at -4, he just caught a chip shot fat then put the resulting pitch within an inch of a bunker.

I'll get out to Huntingdale over the next few days I reckon.

Decent start for england, the US lit it up.

Like i said i liked allenby, a little surprised stuart played so well.

Firstly, your avatar is hypnotising...

Secondly...

Thoughts on Round 2: Baddeley 2.10 (-2) v Senden 2.70 (+2) v McIlroy (-2) 3.75??

Would like to review cards to add more bets.. heard Boo carried the US team ( with 6 birds and an eagle).. Poulter had 2 eagles in like a 3 hole stretch..

I ended up taking Baddeley.

He was -4 today thru 8 holes, but has dropped back to -2 in just a couple of holes :hang:

McIlroy is -1 and Senden +1. Come on Badds!

Good job with badds.. Like i said earlier him and allenby sounded the most confident coming into this event a tad disappointed i didnt roll with them. Oh well

No, unfortunately it was big minus when I saw it. My bad but had friends over and ran short on time. Next time

If i could take a push i would gladly do it. Leaderboard is crunched pretty tightly.

Just for the accountants out there thats 6 - 1 last 7.. starting to pick up that mo heading to kapalua!!

I tried to stay up and watch the golf .. kind of blacked out on the back 9 guess the US lost in a playoff to monty. DAMN

Back