Golden Nugget's College GOYs posted 3 weeks from today

pstone

Pretty much a regular
For some it may be earlier, for others the college football clock never stops ticking.

The Golden Nugget is set to release its College Football GOYs on Friday.

If some of you CFB addicts would offer your projected opening lines on the following games, I will chime in later after there has been some response.

Here are some of the games in no particular order:

Texas A&M at South Carolina (Aug. 28)
Boise State vs. Mississippi (Aug. 28 in Atlanta)
Clemson at Georgia (Aug. 30)
Wisconsin vs. LSU (Aug. 30 in Houston)
Miami (Fla) at Louisville (Sept. 1)
BYU at Texas (Sept. 6)
Virginia Tech at Ohio State (Sept. 6)
Georgia at South Carolina (Sept. 13)
UCLA vs. Texas (Sept. 13 in Arlington, Texas)
Clemson at Florida State (Sept. 20)
Miami (Fla) at Nebraska (Sept. 20)
Mississippi State at LSU (Sept. 20)
Florida at Alabama (Sept. 20)
UCLA at Arizona State (Sept. 25)
Oklahoma at West Virginia (Sept. 27)
Baylor at Texas (Oct. 4)
Texas A&M at Mississippi State (Oct. 4)
Texas at Kansas State (Oct. 25)

I will probably ask for projected lines on other games as the thread develops.

Good luck this season,
Paul

Judge:
I am unfortunately heading out of the country for two weeks the following day on Saturday, June 14, so _ as much as I'd like to be there in person _ I will be represented by one of my friends living in Vegas. For me, it's one of the most exciting betting days of the year and I hate to miss it, but it just didn't work out this time. Hope all is well to the north of Austin.

Paul

Ah ha. Well, here's to you having a great 2-week journey (hoping you will get some fun mixed in to the trip) and we will be ready for some pre-season glimpses from you once you return to 'Muricah. I'll do my part to keep the countdown going so you can check in while overseas. :cheers:

:shake:

Very very quick glance 1 jumped out after my 1st pr run was fl +9 at home vs lsu.

I agree with that. Should be a low scoring game with the two defenses leading the way. If Kurt Roper gives that Florida offense a pulse, they can win this one SU

As expected gaytors down to 4.5 from 9, just a terrible line they threw out there

As of Saturday night, I believe it was still at 6.5 at Golden Nugget. The 4.5 is what the Cantor books opened with for their own GOY numbers this weekend.

FWIW I made 7 plays on Golden Nugget College GOY openers as follows (in no order): Kansas State +12 (Auburn), WVA +17 (Oklahoma) , TCU +13 (Oklahoma), Texas +9 (Oklahoma), Utah +10 ( USC), ISU +22.5 (Oklahoma). & Texas Tech +10 (Oklahoma).

Good luck,
Paul

FWIW I made 7 plays on Golden Nugget College GOY openers as follows (in no order): Kansas State +12 (Auburn), WVA +17 (Oklahoma) , TCU +13 (Oklahoma), Texas +9 (Oklahoma), Utah +10 ( USC), ISU +22.5 (Oklahoma). & Texas Tech +10 (Oklahoma).

Good luck,
Paul

GL this year paul

Guys:
Yeah, I absolutely view Oklahoma as being overvalued based on their season-ending victories over Oklahoma State and Alabama. It is not the Sooners' fault, but their victory over an uninspired, couldn't care less Alabama squad in the bowl game played absolutely no role in my process of developing their season-opening 2014 PR. As handicappers, we have to be able to judge when to "fade" the public/media tide and, conversely, when to "join" it.

Paul

Guys:
Yeah, I absolutely view Oklahoma as being overvalued based on their season-ending victories over Oklahoma State and Alabama. It is not the Sooners' fault, but their victory over an uninspired, couldn't care less Alabama squad in the bowl game played absolutely no role in my process of developing their season-opening 2014 PR. As handicappers, we have to be able to judge when to "fade" the public/media tide and, conversely, when to "join" it.

Paul

Hard to argue with anything you said there. OU has a solid OL and a talented group of RB's but still not sold on Trevor Knight. I remember going to the OU-KSU game last year (game just before OSU and Bama) and saying that this Knight kid can run but can't throw. All of a sudden a couple games later he is a great QB. Knight still has something to prove and with a WR core that is average but has potential. The D should be solid though. Just depends on how Knight plays

Guys;
I don't believe OU has a great, Top 5 defense at this point. Four teams rushed for 200 or more yards against the Sooners & a fifth - WVA - averaged 7 UPC.

Paul

Like always with LSU....QB play. If they get it, will be a force. If not, no god

Schedule is brutal doe

Like always with LSU....QB play. If they get it, will be a force. If not, no god

Schedule is brutal doe

But even before wit shot qbs they have had tha talent to even make tha bcs championship. They lost too much lastyear to be a force this year. They have a solid team, just not years past lsu my opinion

Idk tru...you worried about WR obv?

RB should be solid

nice kids on D...

All over. Lost a lot on O, qb,rb,2 top wr. Offense should regress back in tha mid 20s PPG again. Defense was suspect lastyear, worst d lsu has had since 08, worst turnover margin since 08 also. Young talent at rb, but now in tha sec he plays vs men week in week out. They dropped a lot in my 1st pr run, forget off tha top of my head where I have them overall in sec

I have to agree with Tru on this one. They lost a lot on Offense expecially Qb, RB and their 2 top receivers. Offense should regress back to around 20-25 points per game again. Defense was suspect last year at best, probably the worst D that LSU has had since 2008. The worst turnover margin since 2008 as well. They have some young talent at RB, but now in the SEC he plays against stiffer competition week in and week out. Thu dropped off since I first analyzed them, not sure where I has them originally exactly though, I will have to look.

Not sure the big drop at RB you guys see. Obv the WRs tandem that left is likely impossible to replicate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Malachi D and T Quinn get in some games early

yall think the D gets worse? I like the new blood and the kids getting ready...young and gunning

the sked is brutal like I said...I do not expect mountain moving shit, I just think the D may stun a few..

SEC is very interesting this year

Not sure the big drop at RB you guys see. Obv the WRs tandem that left is likely impossible to replicate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Malachi D and T Quinn get in some games early

yall think the D gets worse? I like the new blood and the kids getting ready...young and gunning

the sked is brutal like I said...I do not expect mountain moving shit, I just think the D may stun a few..

SEC is very interesting this year

:dunno:

Niggga I know ur not that slow, egg copied what I said basically word for word. He didn't add to tha conversation. And yes, it is a drop off at rb from 1400 yards and 16 tds lastyear to a tru freshman. Rite now I have them favored in 7 of tha 12 games they got this year, but it's still early an I have more work.

Back