GMAC Bowl

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
8 PM Bowling Green vs Tulsa

Looking at Tulsa's season they played a soft schedule due to being in Conference USA.In week 2 a game I cant weigh to heavily since it was long ago was the WIN vs BYU in a shootout. Just a sloppy game where BYU left to many points on the sidelines bewteen a FG miss , TOD inside the 25 and fumble inside the 25 plus 2 INTs. The other impressive game was the beating itgave Houston which came out of nowhere. They played Oklahoma at home were run off the field. Teams like UAB , Marshall and SMU all stayed with 7 points. Now the Marshall and AUB games werent 1 possession late but these are pretty bad road times who stayed within 2 TDs and ultimately the spread. They actually needed a 4th quarter comeback and TD insid a minute beat SMU. On the road they were 2-5 ATS with convincing wins @ UL MOnroe and Tulane. Pretty unimpressive. They lost a shootout @ UTEP , struggled with Army and Rice and got beaten up by UCF twice.

Big difference is Tulsa having Paul Smith and his experience. They stillw ere just 2-6 ATS as favs.

Bowling Green didnt meet Central Michigan or Ball State but they did go 3-1 in conference on the road vs weaker conference teams losing only @ Miami Ohio who they were favored against( but blownout). They played well @ Michigan State and jumped out and held on @ Minnesota winning in OT by a 2pt conversion. They beat Temple , Akron and Toledo fairly convincingly at home losing suprisingly to Ohio U. Despite some youth playing a bowl game after going to Mich State and playing well shouldnt be a concern. Anthony Turner has given them some type of running game late.

Small play : Bowling Green +6 :cheers:

should be back and forth but i agree, bg +the pts

The experience factor has be somewhat concerning. Tulsa with a senior QB vs a Soph QB and the fact they played in the Conference USA Title game which I believe BG lost out on cause of its H2H loss with Miami Ohio but they got the bowl spot cause Miami Ohio finished under 500.

Should be alot of points I just hate totals in the high 70s something always seems to mess them up and Tulsa has actuallyheld its own in high lined totals....

Figure the no huddle could wear them down 2nd H and maybe thats a better Over opportunity..

BOL:cheers:

Good health bro. My money is on Tulsa, who statistically has a better rush defense (albeit not by much), better offense, and better QB (Smith).

Smith should be the deciding factor here, being the dual threat that he is. Great writeup!

:cheers:

Atzec :Good Luck bro. I really dont weigh stats very heavily. Its more a blanket type statement: they stop the run or they dont, they pass the ball well or they dont. Sort of keep it cut & dry worry more about how points were scored and given up. These teams both played terrible schedules so there stats are tough to weigh but Tulsa really struggled vs some bad offenses and let poor teams compete with them at home. Paul Smith is such an asset though...

Basically a play because its the end of CFB!!

Tee...Sorry bro but I cant lay points with a team who cant stop Army ...hopefully we both win...GL:cheers:

Atzec :Good Luck bro. I really dont weigh stats very heavily. Its more a blanket type statement: they stop the run or they dont, they pass the ball well or they dont. Sort of keep it cut & dry worry more about how points were scored and given up. These teams both played terrible schedules so there stats are tough to weigh but Tulsa really struggled vs some bad offenses and let poor teams compete with them at home. Paul Smith is such an asset though...

Basically a play because its the end of CFB!!

Tee...Sorry bro but I cant lay points with a team who cant stop Army ...hopefully we both win...GL:cheers:

:cheers:

Well questionable on field with the fumble turns into points and then just being clueless will take some off and lead to more for Tulsa.....not looking good...probbaly should have passed..oh well...got to ride it off....just hate Tulsa having a veteran presence.....

Nut-- think BG will eventually settle down and Tulsa will let up a bit.. Could make a BG 2H play look very enticing.. Just a thought..

Look forward to seeing your take on the big game tommorow night..:cheers:

Bowling Green's inability to score has been mind-boggling. This has been one of the most bumbling performances this bowl season

Pulled that quote from Sportsline.

One would think it sets up for a nice 2nd H play but I am not sure I weant to even go there. Excellent 1st H call. Honestly wish I saw what you did.

I really would like to take all the turnovers away and see how this game plays out though...thats fantasy land but I never saw a team hand over a game like this....sad....

Back