Glory's last shot...2017 PGA Picks Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Yeah, I know. They don't use that slogan anymore but it popped into my head this early morning.

I would advise against betting any of these futures. I cannot believe I somehow have won the first 3 majors outright this year and in two of them had two horses in the running on Sunday. That will never happen again,. I just had a good game plan this year, imo.

Now, I bet two of these last week so the numbers will look a bit better. My plan all along was to play Deki to win and sprinkle some Rory. Rory at 660 has so little value right now. I have not played that yet. I might just wait till into the tourney and hope for a better number. I did not want Deki winning last week. I guess that can go either way but I wanted him coming in kinda under the radar even though he is a golf megastar now. Make some putts this week and it is his tournament to lose perhaps.

Two longshots I like as well...

Deki +1800
Berger +6000
Pieters +5000

Deki is all the way down to 10.5 / 1... so much value lost for sure.

Berger is down to 5000/1

I just played Pieters this morning.

I won't be playing any match ups this tourney, I suck at them. I'll look for a good prop or two and decide how to play Rory later on in the week, if at all.

Good luck with all your plays BAR
Tailing you on your picks and adding some on Vijay, Fowler, and Rose
Top 20 on Vijay, Simpson, Poulter, Fowler
Long shots of Hend +50000 and Dechambeau +32500 and Vijay +70000, can't pass on those with Vijay's record at the course

I cannot find any bets involving Fuyrk or would fade him and first round score...oh well..

I woke up to a text this am from a guy at the course that said play Peter Uihlein today -120 over Grayson Murray, no reason given though...
Played himTop 20 as well

GLuck Reno, I like Berger and Pieters at those prices so Deki prolly gets it done for you even though I'm situational

Think Rory is 3 under atm

Deki off to a solid enough start, nice comeback from him after getting to 2 over I believe...wild scorecard.

Berger will need some good rounds coming in.

Pieters is all but eliminated.

Oleson obviously leading the tourney. Now, just keep playing solid and lets stay that way day to day.

* If only they had put out Furyk match ups and props. Bastards!

Well, it is all in on Deki now...

That was the master plan for awhile (with sprinkle of Rory...may still do).

The two doubles killed Oleson. Maybe if he can get a birdie to finish round 2 and a solid round 3 he can backdoor one Sunday but he looks shaky.

The other two sucked balls.

Get it Reno, not gonna risk anything I don't think today. Only thing will be tough for me to pull against Stroud if he's somehow still in it down the stretch

Back