Give me your Week 1 Shocking Upset Special in CFB!

Agree with BYU and Nevada being good ML Dog picks. Disagree with Rice.

My ML Dog pick would by Utah.

Yea maybe wishful thinking, I love the new coaching hires at Rice though, Graham, Major Applewhite as OC and Randolph as DC. It is going to be a completely different offense then we have ever seen from Rice. Now I know that this of course could be terrible year much like Callahans 1st year at Nebraska but we will see.

no way sc loses that one SU. Mitchel is a good QB and with Sid Rice and Spurrier haveing all off eaon to get a win in week 1 no chance of an upset. ATS that would not surprie me one bit though take the points and be happy.

None of these would be shocking to me, but each would provide a decent dog ML payoff nonetheless.

1. BYU (7 pt dog)
2. Utah (5 pt dog)
3. Arkansas State (7 pt dog)
4. Syracuse (17 pt dog)
5. Nevada (11 pt dog)

actually I kinda like the Cuse enough to take the points and a small runner at the ML...Syracuse gets talent they just have not been able to get a decent QB and they alway seem to give up huge plays at the worst time...UNC plays down to thier comp. or play up high vs their Comp....they are not masters of their domain.

call me crazy, but wazuu's gonna give Auburn a helluva game...you just never know:hammer: ...

SHSUHorn said:
UAB over Oklahoma

Not this year, Horn. That's wishful thinking.
nono.gif
How's UAB going to win a game they can't score in? lol Asshole. You're just baiting me, aren't you?
thefinger.gif

pags11 said:
call me crazy, but wazuu's gonna give Auburn a helluva game...you just never know:hammer: ...

You are crazy..
Pac10 teams besides usc never travel well to begin the year. It will be a whole different atmosphere on the plains. Kenny irons and brandon cox will be studs. Auburn is just too physical for those guys

abcs, you say that now, but we are four weeks away from this one buddy...but I'm gonna promise you this, going into the fourth quarter of that game Wazuu will have a chance to win the game...and Jason Hill will be the best player on the field, not Cox or Irons...you'll think of me as you are flipping back and forth between the ND/ GT game and Wazuu/ Auburn...just ask Fondy about when I get feelings like this...

Sorry guys...forgot to elaborate.

San Diego State Aztecs over the UTEP Miners. I think State gets it done at home. :shake:

pags11 said:
abcs, you say that now, but we are four weeks away from this one buddy...but I'm gonna promise you this, going into the fourth quarter of that game Wazuu will have a chance to win the game...and Jason Hill will be the best player on the field, not Cox or Irons...you'll think of me as you are flipping back and forth between the ND/ GT game and Wazuu/ Auburn...just ask Fondy about when I get feelings like this...

Well I know who I'm putting my money on now... Pags is scary good when he gets his feelings.

i respect hills talents but auburn has some solid db's. Auburns OL will pound it on the ground and win by 2 tds

abcs, I guess we'll see four weeks from today bud...and I've got +15, so I'll take a cover by one point...

KKruissel74 said:
Akron over Penn St.

Apparently, there are some heavy bettors that agree with Akron's success because this line is dropping faster than any of them so far!
eek.gif

of the above 15 pt spreads..

Cuse, Akron, N Illy and Hawaii...I think 2 outta 4 of those and one for sure cash the ML

Cuse out of those 4 is the only one going up against a bad opponent. The rest of those would be defeating top 25 teams and I just don't know about it. Especially on the road.

I'd have to think Cuse has the best shot but they could also get romped... they have some talent just no experience in the spread offense since ditching the option attack. Hawaii can flat out score if they can get some defense to show up that one seems good too.

Have to think PSU might regress a little bit..

ok im rambling... 2/4 could happen I guess.

Hey guys back from Vacation...most of my family is still away but Im tired from the ride....whats going on??? Just picked up my Steele College Football Preview...will spend my down reading up on it...actually going to do alot less internet capping..not posting but looking at angles % and the like ...too much info sometimes just gums up the works...anywho...Dont think Im going to Ireland until next spring so I can go more of my family...what do we have left...??? like 9 days...oh baby its on....:drinking: money;

FightingIllini said:
easily bowling green over wiscy. wiscy sucks!!!!!!

LOL - just seen this now. I would agree with you if BG was returning a few more key players from last year, but they've lost even more guys than Wisky did. Plus one would hope a Big 10 team would recruit more talent then a Mac team... and that's true for just about every team but Illinois.

:wacka wacka:

as could i ECU has a very athletic QB and talented wideouts. navy does have all seniors and a fast attack. ECU+points is a solid play in my book. not playing it only b/c navy has been good to me for the past 4 years in betting

Back