Give Me Your Future Of The Pelicans Take

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
I ask y’all, here cuz this forum and section knows it’s shit.

So let’s say pieces stay, mostly.

What’s coming out that would work, or trades etc? It’s a complicated build to me as I don’t know the game and money side as well as other sports

Preach fellas

Lonzo is a dud. You can take him off the equation. Ingram needs to become consistent. And Zion needs to stay healthy. Those are the main takeaways. If at some point, the Pelicans can actually make Ingram and Zion AT LEAST All Stars, that team will be fun to watch and may even contend with a few more pieces (the haul of draft picks they got from the Lakers won't help them that much either if they keep winning games).

My biggest concern with Zion is, the dude needs to develop his shot. As physical as he is, all that contact will take it's toll after some years in the league. Lebron is a freak of nature, don't know if Zion can follow suit.

Trade Jrue for Winslow and whatever else Miami offers up, give Lonzo and NAW the PG minutes, go all young guys with Gentry, if that continues to suck fire him later in the year, then conduct a thorough search to reboot around Zion next season.

Decide this summer whether or not you want to max out Ingram (that’s what it’ll cost to keep him), I’d guess they don’t.

They have some solid young pieces, obviously Zion being able to stay healthy and get on the floor is the key, if he can’t do that nothing else they’ve done matters. It’s boom or bust with him. I love Jrue, but I think it’s time to dangle him out there. He’s got a lot of value and can get them a good return of picks and or young players to continue to flesh out the roster. I think they hold onto Ingram, Hart, Hayes, Nickel Alexander, to go along with Zion. Lonzo could work there, but I see them moving on from him if he can get them something back.

Reddick and Favors could both yield 1st round picks in return from a contender.

Jrue could get multiple...

Build around Alexander, Hart, Ingram, Zion, and Hayes and their top 3 pick this season.

Trade Jrue for Winslow and whatever else Miami offers up, give Lonzo and NAW the PG minutes, go all young guys with Gentry, if that continues to suck fire him later in the year, then conduct a thorough search to reboot around Zion next season.

Decide this summer whether or not you want to max out Ingram (that’s what it’ll cost to keep him), I’d guess they don’t.

I would need 3 1st rounders thrown into that to take on Winslow.

Dude is a hard nosed player but non scoring wings aren't coveted in this league.

Back