Give me a ruling CTG rules officials

pressitup

Leader of the Adult Humor Industry
Team A is punting
Team A snaps the ball over the punters head into the end zone.
The punter kicks the ball, off the bounce , in the end zone.
Team B fields the kick and runs it in for the TD.

A flag was thrown for illegal kicking. The penalty is declined, therefore, TD for team B.
If it was illegal, accepted or not, why isn't the play negated ? If accepted, you would lose half the distance or 15yds.

I'm gonna need ya to explain that one again.
figured

Team A has 4th down and is going to punt from their own 20something.
The snap goes over the punter's head.
The ball is bouncing in the end zone and the punter gives it a kick . Team B picks the ball up off the turf and runs it in for a TD.
There was a flag on the play for "illegal kicking" on Team A.
Team B declines and is awarded a TD.

Alcohol or lack of brain cells is causing me to understand how they get their TD when the play itself is illegal.

Unless I’m reading this wrong, it’s a TD...the team has the right to decline the penalty and take the result of the play.

It’s no different than a holding penalty...holding is “illegal.” But the non-offending team can still decline it and accept the result of the play.

Unless I’m reading this wrong, it’s a TD...the team has the right to decline the penalty and take the result of the play.

It’s no different than a holding penalty or...holding is “illegal.” But the non-offending team can still decline it and accept the result of the play.
And I could see that if the ball was still sitting in the end zone , waiting to be recovered.
But the ball was kicked out of the end zone, about 15 yrds(not that it matters, but it was illegally advanced.)

You’re overthinking this one...illegally kicked, illegally advanced, or whatever....the non-offending team can decide whether to take the penalty or the result of the play in this scenario.

Similarly...let’s say there’s an illegal forward pass in a game. If there’s then a fumble, interception, or whatever...that penalty can be declined and the defense take the result of the play if they want -even though it was an “illegal” play.

You’re overthinking this one...illegally kicked, illegally advancds, or whatever....the non-offending team can decide whether to take the penalty or the result of the play in this scenario.

Similarly...let’s say there’s an illegal forward pass in a game. If there’s then a fumble, interception, or whatever...that penalty can be declined and the defense take the result of the play if they want -even though it was an “illegal” play.
Never been accused of that before.
Yes, that is understandable. In this case it's not a fumble or int. , team A surrendered(punted , tho illegally) I don't remember ever seeing a kid taking a swipe at a ball and then it being a scoop n score. Made my eyes cross.

Thanks

Never been accused of that before.
Yes, that is understandable. In this case it's not a fumble or int. , team A surrendered(punted , tho illegally) I don't remember ever seeing a kid taking a swipe at a ball and then it being a scoop n score. Made my eyes cross.

Thanks
oops, he returned the kick with no resistance from Team A..........I got it.

figured

Team A has 4th down and is going to punt from their own 20something.
The snap goes over the punter's head.
The ball is bouncing in the end zone and the punter gives it a kick . Team B picks the ball up off the turf and runs it in for a TD.
There was a flag on the play for "illegal kicking" on Team A.
Team B declines and is awarded a TD.

Alcohol or lack of brain cells is causing me to understand how they get their TD when the play itself is illegal.
Lets go with alcohol here.... ;)

I get your premise totally but lets go ahead and look at it another way.

Team A QB crosses the line of scrimmage and throws the ball.

Team B intercepts the ball and runs it back.

Team B is awarded a TD even though the pass was "illegal".

You’re overthinking this one...illegally kicked, illegally advanced, or whatever....the non-offending team can decide whether to take the penalty or the result of the play in this scenario.

I guess I could scroll down next time, doh.

I guess I could scroll down next time, doh.
I knew you guys would clear it up.
It was the high school state game and I just couldn't get the hamster to peddle fast enough to understand what I just saw.
It happens when you get old(fair warning)

They can accept the penalty or decline and take the safety.
yes, but that would have made more sense to me.
My fault for asking. I rarely type anything on here that isn't with one finger, because I have a guitar in my hand almost exclusively if I'm sitting still. The TV is on a game ,but the brain is focused elsewhere.
It's a mistake I make many times. Just wasn't thinking it through.
thanks

Certainly a unusual play hardly if ever seen so makes sense to be curious. As stated by others it doesn’t much matter what the infraction is on team A, team b always has the choice to take result of play and decline the penalty. Simplest way I can put it.

Take some crazy kick return where team lateraling it all over the field. If the ball goes forward defense can still scoop and score despite being illegal play by offense, I guess they could theoretically drop kick it in middle of return and it still be a live ball for defense!!

Ya otherwise when someone fumbles and you are on offense, all you have to do is kick the ball to avoid the turnover.

I seen the play, and my answer would be an “illegal kick” isn’t a play that’s blown dead. If the whistle blew then the kick never would of counted, therefore couldn’t be returned. Kinda like if you fumble after the ref blows calls you down or blows the whistle for forward progress. If you were to fumble after the ref calls forward progress is wouldn’t count. Or encroachment. But since an illegal kick does warrant the ref blowing the play dead, Its no different than any other penalty that can be accepted or declined

Back