Giants/Eagles under 41

johnci

Pretty much a regular
Storm will be out of the way for this one folks. But the wind will not. Field goals will be at a premium, as will throwing the ball. Cold, blustery, winds about 15mph sustained. Gametime temp will be in the mid 20's and falling.

Trust me, I'm a weatherman.

The winds swirl at Giants stadium when it's 75 and sunny out. It matters at the Meadowlands.

I'm aware of how it swirls; still not convinced wind will be a factor in this game, yet.

Matchbook has u41 -117. I got a bid matched at -115 so I wouldn't even say I had to pay that much.

Cap-

As a meteorology student, holding two jobs, weather angles is about all I can contribute to this forum. That said, I will break down the game a bit.

How will my beloved Eagles move the ball?

The two teams have seen each other twice this year already. The most recent time it went under this number (40 at this point) Spagnulo, the D coordinator of the Giants, is the well-celebrated former linebacker coach of the Eagles. I'm sure he knows how to defend against Westbrook, and after 8 quarters, I'm sure the Big Blue personel does too. Can Buckhalter move the ball? Maybe

How will the Giants move the ball? Well they couldn't run 4 weeks ago when these two teams squared off in this same venue. Jacobs is supposedly truly healthy, an improvement over his condition in week 14 where he only had 10 touches. Unfortunately for him, the Eagle D has been nothing short of resurgent; and running on this D when Brain Dawkins is able to play free safety is difficult at best, near-impossible at worst. Dawkins is obviously able to play this way the the lack of a playmaker at WR since the loss of Burress. Dawkins has literally turned back the clock, and don't think that the improved play of the D, especially the linebackers (young, and healthy) has not been inspired by one of the most incredible men to ever take the field.

How will the Eagles move the ball? Westy is out of gas. So is the line. Eagles are coming out of a physical, painful game, with one key player rested. Can Andy Reid a. find it in him to call plays for #28? and b. will the O-Line be able to make the blocks anyway? I don't think so on either end.

Who is in better shape on Sunday? With the wind (15 sustained, gust to 25), I'd say the stronger arm, McNabb, looks best. But the rest favors the Giants, as Runyan and a few other cogs in the Eagle O-Line, along with Westbrook, are literally worn to threads. Shit weather, strong D, and tired teams says to me that this game will be won by the defenses and special teams. I'd like to say DeSean Jackson scores one, winning this one for the birds. But I won't. But I will send another endoresement for the under.

Giants 14
Eagles 7
Under 40 again

Back