Giants/Braves, Blue Jays/White Sox, Diamondbacks/Padres Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Bet This MLB Parlay at (+562) on Monday

San Francisco Giants vs. Atlanta Braves
Monday, June 20, 2022 at 7:20 p.m. ET at Truist Park in Atlanta

Who Starts for San Francisco?

San Francisco starts Logan Webb who looks to continue his strong form tonight.

Webb has yielded a sub-three FIP (like ERA but factors out fielding) in three consecutive starts.

Among other things, he has excelled at limiting home runs, of which he has allowed zero during this three-game span.

This ability to limit home runs is important because the Braves rely rather strongly on home runs for their scoring output.

As heat maps show, Webb is a cautious pitcher, one who likes to attack the borders of the strike zone where opponents are less likely to make hard contact.

Webb vs. Brave Batters

Tonight, Webb is in a strong spot because he is pitching in Atlanta's venue.

In two career starts in Atlanta, Webb boasts a 0.69 ERA.

Moreover, Webb matches up well with Brave batters.

Primarily, he throws a changeup, slider, and sinker.

These pitches combine to make up nearly 97 percent of his arsenal.

Atlanta, however, ranks 26thin slugging .332 against his three favorite pitches from righties.

Who Starts for Atlanta?

The Braves start Max Fried who, similar to Webb, looks to continue his strong form.

He has yielded a sub-three FIP in each of his last three games.

Especially during this three-game span, he has shown strong control while limiting hard contact.

Fried is arguably best known for his elite ability to get batters to chase his pitches out of the strike zone.

He ranks in the 96th percentile in chase rate.

Today, Fried looks particularly promising because San Francisco's lineup matches up poorly with him.

Toronto Blue Jays vs. Chicago White Sox
Monday, June 20, 2022 at 8:10 p.m. ET at Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago

Who Starts for Toronto?

Toronto starts Jose Berrios who is, by far, its most profitable pitcher.

So far, he is yielding +7.5 units.

In his starts, Toronto is particularly strong when it is the favorite, in which case it is 8-1 and yields +6.5 units.

One reason why Berrios looks reliable today is his strong form.

He is doing a great job of going deep into outings while limiting runs.

Berrios vs. White Sox Batters

White Sox batters must immediately look unreliable when they're facing a right-handed pitcher because their BA is almost .60 lower and their slugging rate is over .130 lower against right-handed pitchers.

Playing at home won't help them because their hitting numbers are similarly abysmal at home compared to away from home.

Moreover, they match up poorly with Berrios in view of his three favorite pitches.

They rank 25thin slugging against the fastball, curveball, and sinker from righties.

Who Starts for the White Sox?

Chicago starts Lance Lynn, who made his first start of the season a week ago against Detroit.

Despite facing perhaps the weakest offense in baseball, Lynn allowed three earned runs in 4.1 innings.

Even if his velocity climbs back up relative to what it was last year and even if he is sharper today, he matches up poorly against Toronto batters.

Arizona Diamondbacks vs. San Diego Padres
Monday, June 20, 2022 at 9:40 p.m. ET at Petco Park in San Diego.

Who Starts for Arizona?

Zach Davies starts tonight for Arizona.

Davies has a lot of history in San Diego's venue and his experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.

In his career, his ERA is 3.05 in 10 career starts in Petco Park.

Davies vs. Padre Batters

Moreover, Davies matches up well with his opponent's lineup.

He primarily throws a sinker and changeup.

San Diego, however, ranks 26thin slugging against Davies' unusual primary pitch combo from righties.

Who Starts for San Diego?

Yu Darvish starts for San Diego tonight.

The "under" has been automatic in Darvish's home starts.

In Darvish's five home starts this year, the "under" is 5-0.

His success contributes to this trend.

At home, Darvish is yielding a 1.35 ERA, and opponents are hitting .134 against him.

Darvish's success at home persists even against strong lineups and against teams that match up well with him.

Best Bet: Parlay Giants/Braves under 8 at -110, Blue Jays ML at -129, Diamondbacks/Padres under 7 at -105 at +562 odds with BetOnline

My initial thought was to be all over Berrios k prop and I still might play it but I’m a bit surprised you like him after seeing his more recent history vs cws and in that park. I’ve picked on cws vs righties a lot but gotta admit the last week or so they been producing a lot more vs rhp than they had been previously. I still wanna like berrios, I stuck w him even when the results were awful and it has paid off this month but I am a little hesitant here.

I think I agree on fading Lynn but it does bring some unknown. At his best you wouldn’t think he matches up real well w them but he did have 2 really good starts vs jays last season (14 ip 2 runs). Whether he be at his best hard to say but def seems unlikely.

Back