Ghost Guerrero and More....

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
June 21

At Carson, Calif. (Showtime): Robert Guerrero vs. Yoshihiro Kamegai, 12 rounds, welterweights; Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Gary Russell Jr., 12 rounds, for vacant WBO featherweight title; Devon Alexander vs. Jesus Soto Karass, 10 rounds, welterweights; Chad Dawson vs. George Blades, 10 rounds, light heavyweights; Vyacheslav Shabransky vs. Michael Gbenga, 6 rounds, light heavyweights; Dominic Breazeale vs. Devin Vargas, 10 rounds, heavyweights; Sharif Bogere vs. TBA, 8 rounds, lightweights; Michael Hunter vs. Jerry Forest, 8 rounds, heavyweights; Fabian Maidana vs. Alejandro Arteaga, 4 rounds, welterweights; Mark Anthony Hernandez vs. Dante Spinks, 4 rounds, junior middleweights

At Wilkes-Barre, Pa. (NBC Sports Net): Anatoliy Dudchenko vs. Nadjib Mohammedi, 12 rounds, IBF light heavyweight eliminator; Karl Dargan vs. Anthony Flores, 10 rounds, lightweights; Sullivan Barrera vs. Lee Campbell, 8 rounds, light heavyweights; Enrique Vargas vs. Grashino Yancy, 4 rounds, lightweights; Eric Spring vs. Jamil Gadsden, 4 rounds, junior middleweights; Hakeem Bryan vs. Al Johnson, 4 rounds, junior middleweights; Wellington Romero vs. Mack Babb, 4 rounds, junior welterweights

At Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Argenis Lopez vs. Darleys Perez, 12 rounds, for vacant WBA interim lightweight title; Dahiana Santana vs. Francia Elena Bravo, 10 rounds, female featherweights

At Monte Carlo: Martin Murray vs. Max Bursak, 10 rounds, middleweights; Hekkie Budler vs. Pigmy Muangchaiyaphum Kokietgym, 12 rounds, for Budler's WBO strawweight title; Mateusz Masternak vs. Youri Kalenga, 12 rounds, for vacant WBA interim cruiserweight title; Thomas Oosthuizen vs. Doudou Ngumbu, 10 rounds, light heavyweights

At Cebu, Philippines: Albert Pagara vs. Hugo Partida, 12 rounds, featherweights

I'm on Russell Jr. +155 for 1. Like the handspeed, and just overall not impressed with Loma.

Normally we're simpatico Jab, but there's zero chance I touch GR Jr. (even at this decent price) until he proves he can hang with someone who is top ten in the weight class material. Lomachenko has outstanding hands as well and he's not facing a guy (Salido) who completely blew off weight and had a 15-20 lb advantage on fight night. It's not that I don't think GR has talent, but this is a stratospheric step up in competition for him.

Probably missing this card tomorrow night as I'll be heading to Lafayette to hit up the Outlaws bar Sunday for USA's big time showdown. Will hope to catch Sunday or Monday night on the DVR though. Turkas is on his honeymoon in Vegas and has already informed me he will be hammered the entire weekend prepping for the USA game as well.

Had 116-110 Provod on first watch. Knew it was a very tricky (think Calzaghe) fight to score and on re-watch had 115-111. Algeri reminded me a lot of Arturo Gatti (minus the punching power) when he considered himself a boxer. Guy is one tough fucking dude and would be a ton of fun to watch if he had any power at all as he's not afraid to get in and trade at times. Scoring the fight 8-4 Algeri like two judges had seemed borderline ridiculous to me though.

Probably missing this card tomorrow night as I'll be heading to Lafayette to hit up the Outlaws bar Sunday for USA's big time showdown. Will hope to catch Sunday or Monday night on the DVR though. Turkas is on his honeymoon in Vegas and has already informed me he will be hammered the entire weekend prepping for the USA game as well.
I see the Outlaws thing....is thta the MC? I doubt it as those felllas and soccer dudes dont mesh likely

WTF??? is it

Also I lean with Jab on Gary...

And for you big guy....ate at Bayona for lunch...heard Stella is closing? up the nose mauybe?

drunk

till the orrpow

I see the Outlaws thing....is thta the MC? I doubt it as those felllas and soccer dudes dont mesh likely

WTF??? is it

Also I lean with Jab on Gary...

And for you big guy....ate at Bayona for lunch...heard Stella is closing? up the nose mauybe?

drunk

till the orrpow

Yeah wife saw that about Stella while we were in San Fran last week. Really put me in a sour mood that day as apparently it was out of the blue. If true they will be SADLY missed as I feel it is a restaurant that can literally compete with any in the entire world.

As for the outlaws I'm referring to the American Outlaws, the REAL USA soccer fan club http://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/

Could not hit up the bar in San Fran for Ghana game as it was literally a world away but will be boozing heavy early at Jefferson St. Pub with the Ragin Cajuns and my boy down there.

Hope Bayona was excellent. They usually have bomb ass cocktail specials for lunch.

On Lomachenko tonight.

Longer, taller, more experience(even at 1-1)

Russell jr may be a touch faster but don't think it helps him tonight.

Russell jr is handled by the same guy as Berto and Broner and being groomed the same way....fighting bums to pad record. We all saw what happened to Broner and Beto when they finally fought top competition. Expect same tonight.

If someone gets upset tonight, think its Alexander. Not saying its going to happen, but wouldn't shock me

Agree, SOB. It's awfully hard to get a read on Russell Jr at this point. He looked incredibly talented, but against really bad opposition. I'm taking a chance on him tonight. I think he's got the skills.

Anyone around? Mohammedi's beating Dudchenko's ass on NBCSN. Waiting on this Showtime card to start.

Is the SHowtime card going to be good?

Potentially. I think the Guerrero fight will be decent, because his opponent literally gets hit by everything. I think that Alexander/JSK might end up being a stinker, with Alexander using speed, holding, and grunting his way to a decision. All depends on if JSK can get to him to make him fight. Russell Jr. and Lomachenko is clearly the most intriguing of the fights. It will be a good one no matter what, imo. But it could turn into much more of a chess match, than a brawl.

Watching this Glory Kickboxing on Spike while I wait for boxing. Some damn good fights here. CroCop fighting now.

JSK is twilighting before my eyes

too many wars...he typically comes on late anyway, but he is gonna be a gatekeeper and just what this fight is

He is a bad ass 28-9-3 though....love that kind of fighter

No doubt. He's a bad ass for sure. ALWAYS brings it. He should start to come on a little more now. But speed is a massive problem for him.

I can get +165 right now on Gary Jr

Has there been a more sneaky polarizing fight in recent years? a 1-1 guy fighting for a belt AGAIN, against a guy that has blazing sped and crazy talent 24-0 but has fought no one LOL

I am taking Gary for a bit I believe...

I HATE the Showtime guy...

Just let Paulie talk and fuck it, let Magic pick his own crew....I trust him

Gary Russell Jr +165.../ 4 units

Definitely hate to be on the other side of Capone, but Jab warms me a bit:dancing:

All bullshit aside....line to me seems a bit off. Loma is obv dripping in amateur decorations, and his handlers must be super confident to put him right back in here....maybe they see something I don't.

I gotta take Gary here on the plus money.....

Super intriguing fight though

everyone saying on twitter that it was a good fight

i disagree

JSK needs to be in 12rders anyway, but that was meat and potatoes i thought

I thought it was a pretty good fight. Some good action. 99-91 was wide, but it was a clear win imo.

Man, Russell has sick handspeed. He's gonna need to do something about letting Loma land that right hand to the body, though. That'll take it's toll.

Paulie spot on as always

GRJ cannot throw all at the same speed against this class of fighter...need feints and throw off the timing

GRJ needs to do body work and not get hit in the body as much

Gary also needs to show and prove in the later rds

some on twitter have this a shutout

bullshit lol

Back