Gerald Wallace is OUT for the season.

Reported on ESPN ::

Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum's foul on Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace in Tuesday night's game has been upgraded from a Flagrant-1 to the more serious Flagrant-2 violation, the Lakers learned from the NBA on Thursday. Wallace suffered a cracked rib and partially collapsed lung as a result on the collision. He left Staples Center on a stretcher and was taken to Centinela Hospital. Bynum told the Los Angeles Daily News on Thursday he called Wallace's cell phone and left a message. "I didn't try to hurt him," Bynum told the Daily News. "His momentum was great, and if you look at the play, once he hit me I kind of spun around because I didn't know he was coming that fast. "I wish him the best of luck and hope that he recovers. "Bobcats coach Larry Brown said he didn't think Bynum should be suspended. "That kid waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me,'' Brown told the Charlotte Observer. "If he had a history of that [rough play], I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul."

I cant believe hes that hurt...watchin it live, it didnt look like that bad a foul...i mean it wasnt like one of those 'oh shit' moments or anything

i mean AI used to take two or three of those a game and keep on goin a couple years ago...

nothin on rotoworld yet

my fantasy teams prays this isn't true. G W was ballin so fuckin hard too, fucking bynum you cunt fuck.

Really a shame. I was starting to warm on the Bobcats as a team (quite unusual for me) and was looking forward to maybe seeing them in the playoffs for the first time.

here is the latest update, no word on him missing the rest of the season, hopefully pregame.com jumped the gun

Gerald Wallace (broken rib, collapsed lung) has been released from a Los Angeles hospital but he must remain in L.A. until Monday and there's still no timetable on his return.
Wallace’s lung injury has reportedly healed, but he's awaiting clearance from a cardio-thoracic surgeon before being allowed to fly. While there is still no target return date, coach Larry Brown has said he doesn’t anticipate him to return to action "anytime soon.’’ Jan. 30 - 1:21 pm et
Source: Charlotte Observer

i think it is terrible what happened...but im happy my boy Cartier Martin is on a 10 day contract with the Bobcats now...get well Gerald!

Back