***** Genius NFL Wild Card Sides *****

• Thread starter Thread starter The Capping Genius
  • Start date Start date
T

The Capping Genius

LOST Arizona +5.5 ( 3 units) over Carolina.
It appears that these two teams are going in opposite directions as Arizona has lost 4 of the last 6 and Carolina has won 4 in a row. Zona is going with a third string QB and that makes this line what it is, But the Cards have played defense in spite of losing.
Carolina rolled up 41 at New orleans and 34 points in Atlanta. The Falcons had many turnovers. And the Saints had too many bad players who quit weeks before and the coach contributed.

The Panthers barely won the two home games against Cleveland who was reeling and to Tampa who was a threat to no one. So we have a Zona team that can stay with anyone on defense. Starting QB Lindley had three ints in San Fran and I expect that he will be much better today and keep it close. Plus anytime Larry Fitzgerald is one the field - he can score.

WON Baltimore +3 (3 units) over Pittsburgh. Loss of running back Bell changes all the dynamics today. Steelers have played poorly on the road. Except for stunning the Bengals - the last road team they had against a team with a winning record at the time was Cleveland, who kicked Pittsburgh's ass.
Three other roadies were in Tenn, Jets and Atlanta. None of which are as good as Balty.

Will add Sunday games later.

Bengals +4 (5 units) over Colts.
Loss of AJ Green will be big for the Bengals but the Indy defense is playing much worse now than weeks back against Cincy.. Cincy was also terrible and only had 135 yards against the Colts. Indy has played poorly on defense and this one should be close at the end.
This is a revenge game for Cincy, as they were shut out 27-0 in Indy last time these two met. Out of the division against then AFC North, the Colts were 3-1 with their only loss to Pittsburgh. They got by Balt by 7 points and a squeaker by Cleveland 25-24. The Bengals will have a better game plan today for this one.

Detroit +7 (5 units) over Dallas.
l
Lions are better now than at anytime this season. Dallas has a miserable record in the first playoff game historically. Detroit could be one of the newcomers I mentioned way back in the beginning of the year to get to the Super Bowl. While it may surprise many, there is really no one dominating the league to stop them.
Looking at the Lions away is puzzling. They only averaged 16 points per game. But if you want to grade those games it was against three teams that all played great defense. Arizona, Carolina and Minnesota. In carolina the Lions had several turnovers and they couldn't recover. Other road losses included new England and Green bay.
Dallas hasn't played good defense in 2 months and will have a lot of trouble winning this game. How they smashed Indy and held them to 7 points was shocking. But I put a lot of that on the Colts, who are now much more exposed as they struggled late in the season as well.

The Lions do have Calvin back and he could really beat Dallas all by himself. The Cowboys are allowing opposing quarterbacks to complete passes at a 66.5 % against them. That is not good as when playing at home Dallas is worse allowing 69%.!!!

The Lions are 7-1 when leading at halftime. If they get out front in Dallas, they have enough defense to hang on and win.
Both teams have good records and I think the points are too big for Dallas to cover. And if Romo has one of the games where he isn't clicking, it is going to be tough to beat the Lions.

GL.

Last edited by a moderator:
And favored

Too many hours capping and not enough sleep. Bowls were a grind.. Started to watch the game and thought... Did I write this up as in Balty and favored? So I came back to look and LOL.

As long as I win this its OK...

Back