***** Genius NFL Bombshells Week 11. *****

• Thread starter Thread starter The Capping Genius
  • Start date Start date
T

The Capping Genius

4-4 Last week.

42-33 season.

Two rough weeks in a row going a combined 8-9. Expect to bounce back this week.

Thursday Night Upset.
Buffalo +6 over Dolphins. Bills defense has allowed only one team to score more than 23 points this season. The Pats put up 37 in a game in which Buffalo had 3 turnovers that helped the result. Brady was in full passing mode for that game. In this game against Miami, I dont expect the Phins to do the same thing to the Bills . Miami isnt known for offense, so this comes down to a defensive match. The 6 is too many and Buffalo could win this if they dont turn it over. The points are a gift that is too good to pass up.

Minnesota +3 over Chicago. The Vikings have 3 road losses against teams that are good at home. They lost to the Bills, Saints and Packers. The Bears lost all their games against Buffalo and GB> Minny is 5-5 and still has a chance to have a winning season even with a rookie QB. This game is winable for Minny and if they get out front, then we all know the Bears will fold.

Kansas Cilly -1. over Seahawks. Chiefs are winning again. 7-2 ATS and sneaking up on opponents. The Seahags have won against bad teams and may find KC a bit unfriendly. If Alex Smith plays like he did all season this one goes to KC and that stingy defense at home. KC had one embarrassing loss at home to Tennessee in week one - all because of turnovers.

Browns -3 over Houston.
Weather, weather, weather. is a big factor for this game. Browns running game appears fixed and that gives Cleveland all the edge. Pass defense has finally played like expected and could show Ryan Mallet how hard it is to play in chilly , windy Cleveland.

Saints -7 over Cincy. Line is large for this game because Bengals lost a WR and RB and will have trouble competing after the loss to Cleveland. Saints are always risky but should have a good game as they will be getting plenty of punts from the Bengals depleted offense.

Giants +4 over San Fran. Coast-to-Coast is tough for SF and sooner or later the Giants should win at home. Niners have failed to pass for at least 200 yards in their last 2 games. They've been lucky more than good.

Denver -9 over St.Louis. ONE WORD. MANNING.

Philly +6 over Green bay. Packers are great at home and killed the Bears last week. Eagles play well away and will be in it all day. Rodgers is on fire but I still like Philly ion this spot. Eagles are averaging 4.5 yards per rush last 4 games and Sanchez is playing well with a good ground game to back him up.

Arizona -2 over Detroit. Lions are winning and now have Johnson back but the Zona defense is the best that the Lions are facing all season. In 4 road tilts the Lions have faced pussy cats in Carolina, the Jets who gave them a hard time, Minnesota who held them to 17 points, and the Falcons who have been miserable for 2 months. If you need more than that, then bet on Detroit.

Colts -2 over New England. Dont get excited about New England just yet. They are not the team they were when winning 12 games per season made them predictable home or away. They are scoring 11 points less per game away and allowing 7 more on defense. In four road tilts they are 2-2 and only beat Minny and Buffalo. The two road losses were to Kansas city and Miami. Neither of which is in Indy's class. Public is tailing the Pats like a tail on a kite.

MNF
Tennessee +6.5 over
Pittsburgh. Steelers have won 15 straight MNF games in a row. Titans are 5-0 ats the last 5 times on Monday Nights. Line here is suspicious here to say the least. Low level Tenn should be at least a 9-point dog, but soft number raises a red flag for me. Titans held Flacco in Balt to less than 170 yards passing last week. Pitt could go down against another losing team in back-to-back weeks away.

agree on almost every single pick.

Love the bills play- I'm not a stats guy but this stat tells something.
Bills have 15 sacks in last 3 games. Marcel dareus has been unstoppable.

Really like saints arizona browns and kc and Denver.

Alex smith is very underrated all he does is make smart decisions and win. Seattle can be beaten every week it seems . They won't win in hostile environments. Sherman is overrated a zone corner who is not in Patrick petersons league.

I'm feeling good fading Dalton,suspect he gets worse as season progresses.

Love Luck at home at a low spread. Luck hasn't won on road vs Peyton and Brady so this is his best shot to get a win at home vs the top teams.

Drew Stanton is a good fit for zona. He has a good arm and a quick release. Arians is smart and cards are tough at home.

I'll fade Mallet vs browns. If mallet was good why hasn't he started yet?

As you eloquently wrote the bills have given up more than 23 only once this season. Miami team total is 24.5 vs bills. Seems like a good spot for an under Miami total.

agree on almost every single pick.

Love the bills play- I'm not a stats guy but this stat tells something.
Bills have 15 sacks in last 3 games. Marcel dareus has been unstoppable.

Sacks are because Bills are getting healthy again. Should have beat KC last week.

Really like saints arizona browns and kc and Denver.

Alex smith is very underrated all he does is make smart decisions and win. Seattle can be beaten every week it seems . They won't win in hostile environments. Sherman is overrated a zone corner who is not in Patrick petersons league.

I'm feeling good fading Dalton,suspect he gets worse as season progresses.

Love Luck at home at a low spread. Luck hasn't won on road vs Peyton and Brady so this is his best shot to get a win at home vs the top teams.

Drew Stanton is a good fit for zona. He has a good arm and a quick release. Arians is smart and cards are tough at home.

Mallet is unproven and starting in Cleveland is a bad spot for him.

As you eloquently wrote the bills have given up more than 23 only once this season. Miami team total is 24.5 vs bills. Seems like a good spot for an under Miami total.

Agree Sammy

Thanks for the feedback. GL this week.

Well to be fair, he has been Tom Brady's backup until the regular season started. Keep in mind he did training camp/preseason with New England. Wasn't traded until Aug. 31.

Back