Gator Bowl loses TAMU

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Posting a standalone thread in case anyone wonders why their wagers cancelled.

I think Gator hoping to find a replacement for them to face Wake Forest.

Posting a standalone thread in case anyone wonders why their wagers cancelled.

I think Gator hoping to find a replacement for them to face Wake Forest.
Yeah it's funny, I just went into my BOL account and thought "hmmm that's weird, my balance looks different"....Then, of course, the first thing I did was come here as I knew you guys would have the answer I was looking for!

Seems strange to me. That game is 10 days away. Why would aTm cancel a game that far away? They can't see the future to know who will be available and who won't as far as covid is concerned.

Sounds to me like aTm just didn't want to play. The players probably had no interest and Fisher didn't either so they used what might happen with covid in the future as an excuse

Gator Bowl could have replaced Texas A&M w/a 5-7 team based on APR, sources told
@ActionNetworkHQ
. Rutgers had 1st option, but declined. Other not expected to accept. “How many 5-7 teams have been practicing or are still in school? None,” source said

Wake is pretty much out of luck I would think, but curious if they get the W and the Gator Bowl trophy for the case, and this goes down as a forfeit by A&M. Not that it matters, just wondering how it all works in this kind of situation...

Wake is pretty much out of luck I would think, but curious if they get the W and the Gator Bowl trophy for the case, and this goes down as a forfeit by A&M. Not that it matters, just wondering how it all works in this kind of situation...
I just saw Feldman post on twitter that for the semi finals and potentional national title the forfeits would happen and team available to play would get the 'win'

Seems strange to me. That game is 10 days away. Why would aTm cancel a game that far away? They can't see the future to know who will be available and who won't as far as covid is concerned.

Sounds to me like aTm just didn't want to play. The players probably had no interest and Fisher didn't either so they used what might happen with covid in the future as an excuse
Bingo. TAMU misses what money from the bowl, too? Not much huh

Give them credit, this is likely where everyone was going and they took the bull by the horns

Hopefully Illinois takes it. I would imagine it wouldn’t take much to put that Navy team together for a few days. The resources are there to make this happen and I think it would be a great story

Coach Ken had wanted to attend Rose Bowl to see his son play.

Playing a bowl with no practice is a tough situation. I agree with everyone in that come kickoff the players would likely be fine to play, but is that the right thing with no physical practices or contact leading up to the game?

I just think if the players are vaccinated, why suspend practices in the first place. What protocol are they following? University? SEC? County?

Coach Ken had wanted to attend Rose Bowl to see his son play.

Playing a bowl with no practice is a tough situation. I agree with everyone in that come kickoff the players would likely be fine to play, but is that the right thing with no physical practices or contact leading up to the game?

I just think if the players are vaccinated, why suspend practices in the first place. What protocol are they following? University? SEC? County?
Thus the reason to bring in Navy. They’re always ready physically, vaccinated and their offense is pretty easy to get into full swing.

With many schools already out on break and players scattered across the country with other plans and commitments, I don't know how any team is going to be able to be able to practice and have a team close to full strength with guys who want to play.

The service academy team would seems like maybe an easier ask, but still, I don't know, are they out on break already...how does everyone get back to practice, who pays for all that travel, will all the players want to play, can the coaches put together a gameplan with the players they have willing to play on short notice? The game is a week from tomorrow.

Nice to see a current HC give a tip of the cap to a former HC. Schiano gives credit to Chris Ash for where Rutgers is in terms of the APR, which is why they were atop the pecking order of 5-7 teams (2015-2019 period is what NCAA calculates).

Gator Bowl president Greg McGarity said on a media call last Thursday. “We had a lot of teams reach out to us. We could not invite anyone — we did not have the right to invite anyone — because the NCAA was going to determine that. But once Rutgers, which was at the top of the list, said they were interested, we were able to huddle and here we are with Rutgers.’’

The NCAA suspended the use of APR scores for a second consecutive year due to COVID-19, so the current set of APR scores that were included as the tiebreaker range from 2015-2016 academic year through the 2018-2019 school year. Ash led the program during that entire period other than the fall semester of 2015 when former head coach Kyle Flood was in charge and RU had its lowest APR score in program history.

“Chris Ash did an excellent job,” said current Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano when discussing the APR scores as part of the bowl selection process.

This like a Xmas gift for wake, Aggies were gonna boat race them which woulda been sad way to end a great season for them. Now instead they should get to go out putting on a show vs buttgers.

This like a Xmas gift for wake, Aggies were gonna boat race them which woulda been sad way to end a great season for them. Now instead they should get to go out putting on a show vs buttgers.
you think wake covers this big chalk ?

Think Wake has some matchup advantages here on offense for sure , but can't remember last time wake was favored by 15. And then that defense is so bad - I don't know what to think if they can shut down rutgers. Sometimes Wake defense looks ok, other times just ok offenses like clemson just kill them. Clemsons rush offense looked alot like rutgers when they went to play wake.

Over and Wake - I think it's unlikely to lose both of those plays.

Think Wake has some matchup advantages here on offense for sure , but can't remember last time wake was favored by 15. And then that defense is so bad - I don't know what to think if they can shut down rutgers. Sometimes Wake defense looks ok, other times just ok offenses like clemson just kill them. Clemsons rush offense looked alot like rutgers when they went to play wake.

Think that's certainly got a much better chance of 2-0 than 0-2 for sure

I haven't been able to follow up, but one challenge for Rutgers was a number of NFL prospects had either announced their intentions to leave early or they were out of eligibility. So if any of those guys actually want to play, if they signed with an agent, I believe I read that the NCAA would have to grant them a waiver to play.

The list of Rutgers players impacted is in the Complete Player list thread.

im really not familiar enough with rutgers to know if the offense can take adv of wake d? on paper they dont look very good so even if they are able to do some things ya gotta think it be very tough for them to keep pace. rutgers only scoring 16 on terps last time out is pretty damning! i recall a few times early on when it appeared rutgers offense scored some points most of them came from special teams or defense setting them up.. i think im more interested in wake team total over than i am laying the points. im not 100% sure where im going yet, i really havnt looked all that closely it was just my initial thought when i heard Rutgers was filling in as i loved AM in that game, i thought they were gonna smash wake. happy for wake cause they should show out here.

wake team total eliminates the need to worry about splitting the 2 bets. gotta think rutgers coming in while not doing shit last several weeks while wake been practicing, that should be another adv to the vastly better team.

wake team total eliminates the need to worry about splitting the 2 bets. gotta think rutgers coming in while not doing shit last several weeks while wake been practicing, that should be another adv to the vastly better team.
I'm not getting team totals available in the bowls which sucks ballz

if 18-20 year old me thought my season was over i woulda been partying these last few weeks, then they tell me we playing again and my 1st thought is not about the game but where do we get to go to party some more and get some free swag!!! that just me tho :)

wow, i know you cant do ncaa player props but that just ignorant.
That's just Caesars

After the year is up I'll play some draft kings but in 3 months I got enough points with them to get free rooms all year next year plus a bunch of other comps so I just played with them

That's just Caesars

After the year is up I'll play some draft kings but in 3 months I got enough points with them to get free rooms all year next year plus a bunch of other comps so I just played with them

makes sense.

if 18-20 year old me thought my season was over i woulda been partying these last few weeks, then they tell me we playing again and my 1st thought is not about the game but where do we get to go to party some more and get some free swag!!! that just me tho :)
Yeah how is rutgers gonna be sharp after this layoff, at least wake been practicing.

In a week rutgers has to get players back from all over the country, some of which may not be back, and go play a game?...schiano said they gonna keep game plan simple. Id expect some missed assignments, missed tackles, bad angles, spring ball type stuff that needs sharpening

Wake gonna get to to 40 i think...this all comes down to wakes d. Thats the tough cap. And its possible they may be taking this less seriously too since tamu dropped out and its just a fun over game

Yeah how is rutgers gonna be sharp after this layoff, at least wake been practicing.

In a week rutgers has to get players back from all over the country, some of which may not be back, and go play a game?...schiano said they gonna keep game plan simple. Id expect some missed assignments, missed tackles, bad angles, spring ball type stuff that needs sharpening

Wake gonna get to to 40 i think...this all comes down to wakes d. Thats the tough cap. And its possible they may be taking this less seriously too since tamu dropped out and its just a fun over game

I think wake still takes it really seriously. Best season for them like maybe ever? I’m sure they would love to go out in style. Feel like team total way to go cause it eliminates the concern with d, I agree they should hang 40+ pretty easy, that not a easy offense to prepare for either.

Most wake games been fun over games this year, lol. Army was my favorite!! I dunno if wake d the tough cap as much as Rutgers offense is, either way I have no idea what kinda number to give Rutgers which makes wake team total the route I like best.

I think wake still takes it really seriously. Best season for them like maybe ever?

Doesn't matter for the point you are making, but Wake Forest did win the ACC in 2006 I think it was. I like to exercise the memory on occasion because I'm losing it. Crazy back then because WF hadn't been anywhere near that caliber team and then boom, ACC Title. Think they played Louiville out of the Big East that year in Orange Bowl maybe. Don't remember who won.

Doesn't matter for the point you are making, but Wake Forest did win the ACC in 2006 I think it was. I like to exercise the memory on occasion because I'm losing it. Crazy back then because WF hadn't been anywhere near that caliber team and then boom, ACC Title. Think they played Louiville out of the Big East that year in Orange Bowl maybe. Don't remember who won.
Knew it was Riley something, had to look it up. Riley Skinner and they lost to Ville 24-13.

Your memory is uncanny

that why i said maybe, thought they might have won the acc once but couldnt remember. either way a great season for them and that program who doesnt have many. very confident they are coming into this game and looking to go out in style. Hell the fact it now a losing record rutgers they playing should have them more focused, i would think losing this game or even winning ugly would kinda put a damper on this season.

Back