Garrett

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
All the holier than thou bullshit the NFL spews about keeping their league squeaky clean when it comes to domestic abuse, which frankly is none of their business, I am curious what the league will do with this action. Of course I am talking about him taking the other players helmet off and clubbing him with it.

The talking heads are saying season ending ban but it was the heat of the moment. Some are even blaming Rudolph for starting the fight. They are even saying there is a rule that says if a player swings the helmet at another player it's 15 yards and instant ejection. So no big deal.

Really? We are looking at this as if it's ok? If Garrett behaves himself for the rest of his career it's ok? Wow. NFL is horseshit if they don't end Garretts career. NOW. Took a helmet and hit the bare head of an opposing player? Goodbye Mr. Garrett, Have a nice life selling shoes or whatever but if the NFL was for real they end his career.

And before the big debate starts and people say but it was the heat of the moment let's remember the NFL blackballed and effectively ended the career of Kaspernick simply because he didn't stand for the anthem. That player was simply protesting what he perceived to be an injustice in a manner that didn't and can't hurt anyone else but the NFL's image. He didn't try to kill another player. "I regret it. Lost my cool" ..........my ass.

GL

Agree he should get a season ending suspension at a minimum. Disagree he comes close to being worse for the NFL than Kaep. I boycotted the league, and many others did as well, due to Kaep being a dripping, hairy, yeast infested vagina. The Garrett incident doesn't move the needle

Likely will be the rest of the season. But, of course, he had to have been provoked.

EJZAmGPU4AEKCln

Except earlier this season when he punched Delanie Walker after the whistle. And earlier this season when he ended Trevor Siemian's season on a late hit.

Fucking nauseating bitch.

Myles Garrett: Indefinitely, for at least the rest of this season, plus a fine
Maurice Pouncey: 3 games, plus a fine
Larry Ogunjobi: 1 game, plus a fine

Pouncey? Wow.

Agree he should get a season ending suspension at a minimum. Disagree he comes close to being worse for the NFL than Kaep. I boycotted the league, and many others did as well, due to Kaep being a dripping, hairy, yeast infested vagina. The Garrett incident doesn't move the needle
So you'd rather a patient assault and potentially kill a football player over a player who didn't hurt a player...sigh

I think Garrett should get a season. And by season I mean 16 games...AND then be subject to any additional player conduct penalties if criminal and/or civil charges are filed and go through.

If he made contact with Rudolph square last night, he'd be in jail right now.

FOR ONCE, LET THIS IDIOTIC LEAGUE DO SOMETHING RIGHT.

This is such an overreaction. So professional baseball pitchers aim a 100 mph fastball at a batter‘s head and they get encouraged in fact, which is why they keep doing it, so far from being punished.

This is such an overreaction. So professional baseball pitchers aim a 100 mph fastball at a batter‘s head and they get encouraged in fact, which is why they keep doing it, so far from being punished.

So take it to baseball. Per your example...the weapon part is the major detail here.

So a batter goes charging to the mount and takes his bat, swings it at the pitcher who hit him and clips him in the head.

You think that's not in the same category? MLB and their "unspoken" rules are idiotic, no doubt. But when you can be charged criminally for an act on a sports field, it's not an overreaction IMO.

So you'd rather a patient assault and potentially kill a football player over a player who didn't hurt a player...sigh
I am saying what Kaep did was far more damaging to the league (both players and ownership) than what Garrett did.

Likely will be the rest of the season. But, of course, he had to have been provoked.

EJZAmGPU4AEKCln

Except earlier this season when he punched Delanie Walker after the whistle. And earlier this season when he ended Trevor Siemian's season on a late hit.

Fucking nauseating bitch.
I love this. I wonder if Rudolph ever gets called names when he plays.......

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. She means the Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn word. Yea. That’s the easy out.

So take it to baseball. Per your example...the weapon part is the major detail here.

So a batter goes charging to the mount and takes his bat, swings it at the pitcher who hit him and clips him in the head.

You think that's not in the same category? MLB and their "unspoken" rules are idiotic, no doubt. But when you can be charged criminally for an act on a sports field, it's not an overreaction IMO.

Wouldn't this example be more akin to Bryce Harper throwing his helmet at the Giants' pitcher. A bat is another level imo -- one, because of the weapon and two, because it's premeditated whereas Garrett's deal directly arose out of a scuffle that Rudoph initiated. You didn't address my pitching example which would also constitute assault. And what about Haynesworth's stomp? That got a five-game suspension. Garrett is being treated differently not because of the severity of what he did(hence my examples) but because of the mad twitter storm that Goodell is trying to win over (hence, Goodell didn't even reflect on the event).

Wouldn't this example be more akin to Bryce Harper throwing his helmet at the Giants' pitcher. A bat is another level imo -- one, because of the weapon and two, because it's premeditated whereas Garrett's deal directly arose out of a scuffle that Rudoph initiated. You didn't address my pitching example which would also constitute assault. And what about Haynesworth's stomp? That got a five-game suspension. Garrett is being treated differently not because of the severity of what he did(hence my examples) but because of the mad twitter storm that Goodell is trying to win over (hence, Goodell didn't even reflect on the event).

Your pitching example is dangerous, I agree. But the dickheads that run baseball have been doing that for years. I don't know why they all seem to think it's acceptable, but whatever.

Harper threw a 18 oz. batting helmet at a pitcher.

A 6-5 275-pound defensive lineman ripped a 7 pound helmet off a man a swung it with full force at his skull.

I think there's quite the difference. He used a piece of equipment at his size and full force as a weapon with full intent to crack him in the head.

Your pitching example is dangerous, I agree. But the dickheads that run baseball have been doing that for years. I don't know why they all seem to think it's acceptable, but whatever.

Harper threw a 18 oz. batting helmet at a pitcher.

A 6-5 275-pound defensive lineman ripped a 7 pound helmet off a man a swung it with full force at his skull.

I think there's quite the difference. He used a piece of equipment at his size and full force as a weapon with full intent to crack him in the head.

First of all, I don't think it's fair to punish someone based on things that he obviously can't control like his size-- which is what you're effectively doing.
Second of all, this sounds like football in general. I mean, all the vicious hits could be construed as assault.
I think sporting competition provides for a different sort of arena in which to judge of right and wrong then when it goes outside that competition and, say, a fan gets hit by a player -- that's assault but like in hockey when players hit each other I think the refs always allow that.
This is an added degree of violence sure because of what you mentioned. But what about Haynesworth then speaking of size. And he also used his equipment to do something egregiously vicious.

And btw. not for this threat but holy shit. RIP Fondy.

But in baseball with intentional bean balls, it’s almost never directed at the batter’s head. Yes, it’s happened but even then it’s doubtful the pitcher was trying to hit the batter in the head. You’re making it sound as if dudes are out there headhunting as if it’s a regular thing and happens often.

Regardless, even what you’re saying is more “part of the game” than what Garrett did. I’d liken it (bean ball) more to a deliberate head shot in an NFL game...yes it’s egregious and should be punished, but it doesn’t rise to anywhere near the level of using a helmet as a weapon AFTER picking the dude up by that helmet and then ripping it off of his head. The comparison of a hitter using his bat on the field after getting beaned is a much better equivalent.

But in baseball with intentional bean balls, it’s almost never directed at the batter’s head. Yes, it’s happened but even then it’s doubtful the pitcher was trying to hit the batter in the head. You’re making it sound as if dudes are out there headhunting as if it’s a regular thing and happens often.

Regardless, even what you’re saying is more “part of the game” than what Garrett did. I’d liken it (bean ball) more to a deliberate head shot in an NFL game...yes it’s egregious and should be punished, but it doesn’t rise to anywhere near the level of using a helmet as a weapon AFTER picking the dude up by that helmet and then ripping it off of his head. The comparison of a hitter using his bat on the field after getting beaned is a much better equivalent.

It does happen and it is regular -- when as Scarf said the unwritten rules of baseball call for it. And these are professional pitchers yeah if they hit that big thing on the top of a body I assume it's intentional. Surely you'd impute more intent to pitchers aiming for the head then you would to Garrett, who is not a professional helmet-thrower, smashing Rudolph on the head as Rudolph was engaged with him.

I don't see the basis for your equivalence. A deliberate head shot from, to use Scarfy's thinking, a guy who who's really strong and really fast can literally be lethal. Or what about the stomping incidents that have occurred -- after the play, using equipment, extremely dangerous.
A hitter using his bat and swinging at a pitcher's head with it...has that ever even happened? Whenever batters charge the mound, they drop the bat first.

There are antagonizers and superpests in every sport. The heat of the moment excuse is bullshit. You have to know where the line is drawn.

The closest thing I've seen is Dino Ciccarelli bashing his stick over Luke Richardson's head. He served a day in jail for it too. He also went on to have a Hall of Fame career.

So while this will be a blight on Myles Garrett career it doesn't have to define him. I feel bad for the Browns as they lose the opportunity to build on the momentum they were creating, who knows maybe they still finish the season on a high note, let Myles take his lumps and come back a force sometime next year.

It does happen and it is regular -- when as Scarf said the unwritten rules of baseball call for it. And these are professional pitchers yeah if they hit that big thing on the top of a body I assume it's intentional. Surely you'd impute more intent to pitchers aiming for the head then you would to Garrett, who is not a professional helmet-thrower, smashing Rudolph on the head as Rudolph was engaged with him.

I don't see the basis for your equivalence. A deliberate head shot from, to use Scarfy's thinking, a guy who who's really strong and really fast can literally be lethal. Or what about the stomping incidents that have occurred -- after the play, using equipment, extremely dangerous.
A hitter using his bat and swinging at a pitcher's head with it...has that ever even happened? Whenever batters charge the mound, they drop the bat first.

Major league pitchers are not intentionally throwing at guy’s heads. Regardless of their reason for throwing at a guy, there isn’t one that is throwing at someone’s head intentionally.

Right, it hasn’t happened to my knowledge (using the bat). Until last night, the helmet hadn’t been used as a weapon in an NFL game either. I’m not sure how you’re saying you don’t see the equivalency...you just proved it for me.

Also, what does a stomping incident have to do with “using equipment?” What “equipment” is being used when something like that has happened?

You seem confused as to what equipment is, and why the helmet, or bat, are quantified as such (and how they’re related in these examples). Using a helmet as a weapon would be the same as using a bat as a weapon in a baseball game...any other example you’re using are just egregious acts that happen during the respective sporting events, but don’t rise to using a weapon.

Provoked or not, fight with your hands. You don’t bash anyone in the head with a helmet like that. Coulda killed him. That’s the problem today, you provoke someone and they pull a gun. What happened to the days using fists.

I can't seem to find the beginning of the fight, but someone on FB said Mason kicked Miles in the nuts. True?

I probably agree with Stephen A Smith .0001% of the time but I think he is right that Mason reacted to Garrett pile driving him into the ground late ( and with his full body weight which is being emphasized) and tried to rip Garretts helmet off.

Guaranteed if that hit was on Brady, Rodgers,Brees or Mahomes you would not see any grass on the field it would be littered with 10000 flags.( especially Tommy Boy)

I can't seem to find the beginning of the fight, but someone on FB said Mason kicked Miles in the nuts. True?
He appeared to do like a leg press away from Garrett in the region. I will Not say it was a kick. It occured when Garrett was ripping his helmet off.

I don't understand why the need to compare this to other sports when arguing whether or not it was deserving of a long suspension. If baseball is doing it wrong, they're doing it wrong and someone should take that up with them. That shouldn't make any difference on how an incident like this is looked at in terms of punishment and seriousness of it. On nearly every NFL play a scuffle if some sort is started or instigated, someone calls someone else a name, etc. Yet, players don't rip off their hats and hit them with it. Almost everyone associated with the league that I've listened to, and that doesn't have a dog in the fight, agrees that this was way over the line. There has to be something to that. If this kind of stuff isn't severely penalized, it's setting a horrible precedent for somebody getting seriously hurt or killed in the future by an intentional, non-football act. This crossed every single line. The NFL is on a slippery slope regarding off the field violence and covering up concussion data. If they didn't start to take this kind of thing more seriously, as opposed to a handful of years ago with Haynesworth (before they really were hurting in the public eye), don't think that their brand wouldn't suffer. And in the end, this league has proven that their brand and $$$ is all they really care about.

Suspend through end of next season. Comparing to baseball is irrelevant and if going a comparison route you can say if you hit someone over the head with a helmet in public...probably jail time.

Swinging a helmet at another player and connecting could cause serious brain damage and is not a part of the game or remotely in bounds.

A mistake and full of regret is fair but need to take action that is substantial.

Garrett claims that Rudolph called him a racial slur. Lol of course he claims that. Wasn't there a tweet that was deleted that would be relevant here?

The first words uttered out of Garrett's mouth post-game would have been that Rudolph call him a n. Wouldn't have mattered how much the Browns PR people begged him not to talk, you can be 100% guaranteed that Garrett would have found a way to get that out, right away. And he would have been justified in doing so and also in clubbing Rudolph.

But we hear this revelation from Garrett 6 days later?

What a piece of shit.

Major league pitchers are not intentionally throwing at guy’s heads. Regardless of their reason for throwing at a guy, there isn’t one that is throwing at someone’s head intentionally.

It has happened, but it's extremely rare, much rarer than VC is acting like.

The first words uttered out of Garrett's mouth post-game would have been that Rudolph call him a n. Wouldn't have mattered how much the Browns PR people begged him not to talk, you can be 100% guaranteed that Garrett would have found a way to get that out, right away. And he would have been justified in doing so and also in clubbing Rudolph.

But we hear this revelation from Garrett 6 days later?

What a piece of shit.
Does anyone know if Browns/Garrett knew/didn’t of him saying this would be made public today?
Because Come. The. Fuck. On.

Someone should have taken the shovel out of that guy's hand before he ever got to the appeal hearing.

Big hole to begin with. Lot deeper now.

Jake Trotter

@Jake_Trotter

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1197590178505854976
Just asked Baker Mayfield about Garrett’s allegation that Rudolph used a racial slur and he seemed pretty stunned. Said wasn’t something he’d heard, including from anyone on the team, until I just asked him

12:58 PM - Nov 21, 2019

Jake Trotter

@Jake_Trotter

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1197587995001528320
I asked Browns DT Sheldon Richardson if Myles Garrett had ever told him what Garrett alleged about Rudolph in the hearing. Richardson said he hadn’t and said my question was the first he’d even heard about it.

12:50 PM - Nov 21, 2019

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20175256

What happened to that Miami player (Fondy‘s teammate?) in 2006?

And I agree with the second part of BAR‘s post. Garrett accusing Rudulph of calling him that is super serious nowadays. Unreal how Garrett does stupid shit number 1, puts on a show of regret and shame, then does stupid shit number 2, threatening to inflict severe damage on Rudolph’s image. You‘d have to be brain dead to not know that calling someone an n word is a huge fucking deal in today‘s society. That‘s like the social status-killing stigma of being a commy during 1950s Mccarthyism

What happened to that Miami player (Fondy‘s teammate?) in 2006?

And I agree with the second part of BAR‘s post. Garrett accusing Rudulph of calling him that is super serious nowadays. Unreal how Garrett does stupid shit number 1, puts on a show of regret and shame, then does stupid shit number 2, threatening to inflict severe damage on Rudolph’s image. You‘d have to be brain dead to not know that calling someone an n word is a huge fucking deal in today‘s society. That‘s like the social status-killing stigma of being a commy during 1950s Mccarthyism
Yup. Shame it went there.

Ughhhh now there‘s always gonna be this annoying contingent of martyr-lovers who say, just to make a point, that Garrett was provoked

Garrett not wanting this to get out makes it so obvious this was just him trying to justify his actions in a private meeting to get his suspension reduced

Baker and richardson acting shocked when hearing it is proof enough, no chance he doesnt tell at least one friend or teammate and the whole team is aware

Same with pouncey and the steelers o line not saying anything, again even off the record through schefty, this isnt big ben, they protect mase on the field as a teammate but if he was dropping the hard r on the field hes having problems in that dressing room

The fact that it was his lawyer who made the statement leads me to believe we could see some legal action coming

Back