Garnett to Boston(seems legit)

This could be a great move for the league, too. Help rebuild one of the great franchises, help get some talent in the East.

I'd still rather see him in the Garden, but I don't think that's going to happen so I could live with Boston.

Why would the Twolves do something like this now after the draft when they could have had the #5 pick in their haul back?

Why would the Twolves do something like this now after the draft when they could have had the #5 pick in their haul back?

Good point. I think this was in works though because the trade for ray made zero sense. Boston sees a weak conference and thinks that they have a 3-4 year window...

What a travesty. Surrounded by some former Boston bums in Minnesota, now surrounded by the rest of those Boston bums in Boston.:an_roll_laugh:

As Bill Simmons would say, no-one is saving Boston while Doc Rivers mans the helm.

wow, before the draft I was talking to my friend on the Garnett sweepstakes and I was saying how a Seattle Durant for Garnett with little stuff to handle money issues would be amazing cuz itd be my 2 favorite players (Ray Allen, Garnett) together on one team and I was saying how they'd kill. If this goes thru, throw in one of the most IMO underrated players in the league (paul pierce) and omg. It doesn't matter who else plays on that team. Shuttlesworth, Truth, and Big Ticket. I'm gonna have to jump on the wagon. I thought Allen, PIerce, Jefferson was a 3 headed monster. I mean

Telfair (22 yr old, was on that ESPN rookie show, quick as hell, highlight boy, Mouse on back to play up to potential)
Ray Allen (32 yr old, shuttlesworth, best shooter in the game, underrated defender, prettiest stroke, makes playing basketball look easier than eating, should be healthier, cannot recall but dont think has ever played i nthe playoffs (until now))
Paul Pierce (29 yr old, gets to the free throw line at will, great defender, should be healthier, playoff experience and savvy, underrated skill, hell of a player with motivation)
Kevin Garnett (31 yr old, freakishly skilled, former MVP, most determined player in the league, perenial 1st team all defense, can stop tim duncan probably better than any1 in the league, stud)
Perkins (22 yr old big man, decent rebounder and defender)

with Gerald Green (dunk contest winner, super athlete, young raw talent up and coming), Tony Allen (eh, role player), Ryan Gomes (can rebound and do dirty work, great role player) Leon Powe (young athletic raw talent, FROM CAL, great rebounder/defender), Big Baby Davis (uhh, fun to watch, can get boards and clean up..) all off the bench.

If this goes thru the Celtics are back. With the big 3 helping eachother, age and wear/tear will be less of a concern, Garnett imo could get close to 7 assist per game if everything turns out as well as it could. ooh boy. Now if you don't mind, Im gonna go youtube and watch highlight mixes of all three

This is a good move for the C's.

Does anyone think that Al Jeff. has all NBA potential? I dont. He'll be a good borderline all-star. Rondo, will probably become a serviceable pg. The C's get the play-offs. They dont have a pg, but even I know the offense would probably run through Garnett; like a point forward. Delonte West would look good right about now.

Its not like there is a dominant East team. I think the time is right for the Celtics. Either this year or next.

Ray Allen has been to playoffs plenty rookie. Sonics..at least twice or more with Bucks..they went to EC Finals against that 2001 Sixers team.

weei is reporting that the deal may not include al jefferson?!?! They are reporting that instead of Big Al they getting 2 future first rounders. I don't know how Mchale could trade Garnett to the celtics and not get Al Jefferson in return. With rondo, pierce, allen, garnett and jefferson as a starting 5, this team is not going to get any picks in the top 20 for years to come. Betus has the Celtics to win the east at +1500 right now!

Looks like it may be going down today.

According to a Celtics official, Kevin Garnett has been traded to Boston.

Among the players thought to be headed to Minnesota are forward Al Jefferson, guard Sebastian Telfair, swingman Gerald Green and center Theo Ratliff, said the official. He also said the Timberwolves would get at least one draft choice. It had been reported throughout the day that Ryan Gomes and two No. 1 draft choices would be included in the deal, but as of now, it sounds like Gomes is staying with the Celtics. Details of the trade are still being worked out and it is not official, but the source said that none of those issues should keep the Celtics from acquiring Garnett, who is currently on a cruise vacation. However, there could be a change in the players going to Minnesota. There was a chance that a conference call announcing the trade would be held Monday, the official said.

Yep. I'm a bit concerned from a Celtics standpoint that they're not going to have any signs of a bench or depth. Add that to a lack of draft picks and you really have to hope this trade works for them in the short term because they're mortgaging their future.

Rajon Rondo showed a lot of upside at the end of last year when he took over the starting role at the point from delonte. He is a very good defender and a good passer. He cannot shoot well yet, but that is not what they need from that position. Now they still do have kedrick Perkins to play the 5, but I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled with kg there and didn't play without a "center". Teams can still get it done without a true center. Take detriot for example in years past. We all know you don't need an allstar at all 5 spots, and i'd probably say you do'nt want an allstar at all 5 spots due to egos. I don't think they are concerned about the 1 or the 5 nor do i think they need to be.

Back