Games Im betting NCAAF....

vanzack

Pretty much a regular
YTD Record: 21.5 - 23.5 - 2

Im tempted to take USF tonight, but my better judgement tells me to lay off.

Saturday:

1. Akron +16
2. Buffalo +14 (thanks Dr Bob)
3. C Mich -2.5 (bookmaker)
4. Penn State -3 (2 units)
5. S Carolina -13.5
6. Air Force +2.5 (1.5 units)
7. Cal +6.5
8. MD +18 (1.5 units, thanks for real Dr Bob)
9. Bama +2
10. FL -17.5 (might be the sucker bet of the day but I cant help myself)

GL all, will be glad to discuss any of them....

:cheers:

With you on PSU. Against you on Maryland though. GL on the rest

Penn State and Maryland here :cheers:

Maybe Air Force

As for bama, Florida, and Central Mich-- Good Health :down2:

Yeah, the cal game is certainly scary. That game is one that ranked very high on my variance scale which means that according to my model there is a high likelihood that it will not be close to the spread at the end of the game.

I just hope Im not on the wrong side of the blowout. Cal was actually the 9th game on my list to make the cut, just a tenth of a point ahead of FL, but both hanging right at my 55.0 cutoff.

GL

vanzack send me a PM if ya could to answer this.... i have rutgers at oipening line of -13 and it is now 17.5-18. now iknow middling is traditionally a bad idea and duh i now why.but a 4.5 point swing is pretty decent IMO to middle. what are your thoughts. key numbers are there to under 2 tds on one end and over 2.5 scores the other way. aso have tulsa at -18.5 and it is now 22.5 which goes over a few key numbers and scenarios. Which if any are good middle opportunities in your opinion or should i just stop being greedy (in this case i liek my numbers and assume i am on the right side) or stop being a pussy and let it ride(not this case b/c of obvious reasons). thanks

vanzack send me a PM if ya could to answer this.... i have rutgers at oipening line of -13 and it is now 17.5-18. now iknow middling is traditionally a bad idea and duh i now why.but a 4.5 point swing is pretty decent IMO to middle. what are your thoughts. key numbers are there to under 2 tds on one end and over 2.5 scores the other way. aso have tulsa at -18.5 and it is now 22.5 which goes over a few key numbers and scenarios. Which if any are good middle opportunities in your opinion or should i just stop being greedy (in this case i liek my numbers and assume i am on the right side) or stop being a pussy and let it ride(not this case b/c of obvious reasons). thanks

Troy - I will answer this here because I think it might be useful to others too.

Would I sell that bet? HELL YES IN A HEARTBEAT. Middling is not a bad idea. I think you have that confused with my stance on hedging parlays, which is a totally different subject.

I have a rule in MLB that if I can sell a bet, on any game, for a 3 cent profit I do it and I dont look back. No MLB game is worth 3 cents to me.

Ncaaf is a little bit different. You have to calculate your EV (this is art not science) for the bet at 13.5, vs your EV if you put yourself in a middle situation. Any way you slice it, I would be willing to bet you would be ahead with selling the bet.

GL with whatever you choose, but normally a swing that big in a line for me means that I am out before the game even starts.

:cheers:

Van--Would you mind telling me your thoughts on the AFA/NAVY game? Not up on Navy as much as I'd like, but I do have a lean towards them in this game. Thanks in advance. GL with the card this week.

Isn't South Carolina falling completely apart thanks to injury?

Maybe that's where you're getting value, but this one confuses me a bit.

with you on Maryland...surprised to see you on So. Carolina though...GL this week vanzack...

Vanzack, I like most of your plays man. But I gotta know...how do you decide between the galactic incompetence of central michigan and the massive black hole of talent that is Northern Illinois?

Back