Game 7 thoughts...

Unicorn

NHL Enthusiast
Considering how unpredictable this series has been so far, I'm aiming at the possible Under 8.5 as my one and only (huge though) play for tonight.

We have Lester going for the Sox (expecting from him to rebound tonight from that "beating" last time around vs Rays plus he's actually has been decent vs Rays and on Turf if we don't count his starts @ TOR) while although Garza's been upside down all season long, I'm hoping he'll be able to focus like in his most recent start and pitch a good game, especially because this is Tropicana where he's been excellent all season long.

A tough game, everything is at stake for both teams (for Tampa for the 1st time in this series, though) so I'm expecting a close game. Pretty much something like what happened last night.

Furthermore - I have a feeling Rays offense have been cooled off a bit, I mean - scoring 9,9,13 and 8 runs in a row - it's hard to keep that pace up for such a long time, right? On the other hand - the Sox have been hitting well over the last 2 games but last night although they had 10 hits, the Rays defense kept them at only 4 runs so I can only imagine what may happen tonight when everything is on the line (even better defense from both teams + great pitching?)

What you guys think?

Thanks in advance

I think Tampa going in knowing they are the Dog, hence not expected to win on their own turf does them a big favour psychologically.

And another a couple of things to note for Game 7

- Dogs are 7-3 SU & 10-0 on the runline in Boston's p.s. games.

- Boston has not won 3 consecutive games this p.s., a feat they managed 7 times in the 2004 p.s., and 7 times in the 2007 p.s. (in both of those p.s. they had already managed such a feat twice before their ALCS deciding Game 7s vs the Yankees & Cleveland).

If im not mistaken. Baldelli will start in place of Gross and Aybar will start in place of floyd

Though call for game 7, could go either way...

Rays will pull it out I think but it's not gonna be pretty, agreed with the under 8,5 sentiments.

Thanks BC, I was aware of some of those feats you mentioned but had no idea of those SU and RL records.

The problem is - I've been betting on Tampa since Game 1 but they cost me a bunch of $$$ over the last 2 games. Now, I know tonight is the different situation for them - because unlike the last 2 games - this time everything is on the line - BUT - I'm concerned a bit with their hitting performance last night. They managed only 4 hits - I know Beckett and Okajima were both dealing while Masterson and Papelbon were also very solid - but considering they've been playing in front of the home crowd and playing loose - I still think they should've done a bit more last night.

Will definitely think about it some more... Thnx anyway

My take on their hitting is things came so easy for them in games 2-3-4-and most of 5, and things at this stage never stay easy forever = they were bound to have a down game after that string of efforts. Looked at another way, they havent failed to score at least 7 runs in this series when Shields hasnt started.

The only total observation I have is Boston's previous 2 x ALCS Game 7's both totaled 13 runs. They emphatically wrapped up each series.

Thanks guys for your time and comments.

Took the Under 8.5 as my final play... I'm happy this nonsense will finally end tonight.

Looking forward to Phillies and Word Series ;)

Cya around, GL and HF!

:tiphat:

The only total observation I have is Boston's previous 2 x ALCS Game 7's both totaled 13 runs. They emphatically wrapped up each series.

Word! Sox & over. The pressure is now on Tampa & the Sox just recently remembered how to hit. However I'm a Sox fan & buzzed.

Like the UNDER but like Boston as much maybe more .

Veteran team with momentum and the better SP. Garza threw 116 pitches last start and both times he hit 115 + in the reg season he allowed at least 4 runs in 6 or less inn . His start vs Boston was one of the few good ones he had in months vs a team other then Texas or Toronto.

BOL

good call Unicorn! :cheers:

of course NOW I SKIP Tampa. :(

Yeah :)

Same here (no chase on Tampa this time)

But nevermind, now this will be very interesting seeing Rays vs Philadelphia.. not an easy play like if Boston went through.

frustrating series for me man. Well you know the story.

I nailed Boston to a T, yet SOMEHOW they beat the Angels and took Tampa to 7 games. Unreal how you can be so right and yet reality takes an extra 2 weeks to catch up with your rightness.

I nailed Boston to a T, yet SOMEHOW they beat the Angels and took Tampa to 7 games. Unreal how you can be so right and yet reality takes an extra 2 weeks to catch up with your rightness.

What makes both of this series and Angels series so frustrating is the amount of those little, uncontrollable but also game-changing things that went to Red Sox favor. I mean, it's unbelievable, man!

First, we had the Angels playing not their typical ball but instead they looked like some random AA(A)-team. Terrible baserunning, completely non-clutch hitting, at times lackluster defense along with a few bad calls by Scioscia cost them the series. I couldn't believe this was the team I've known and loved for such a long time... terrible.

Then, this past series vs Rays - everyone knows that happened - Rays got intimidated in Game 1 or whatever but responded well in the next 3 games. Games 5 and 6 were really painful to watch especially that nightmare of Game 5 (I went to sleep at the time they were leading 7-0 and when I woke up in the morning couldn't believe my eyes...) but they showed alot of character last night and advanced to finals.

It will be interesting to see what happens next, just to note that Rays are 10-5 vs Phillies since 1998 (last time they met was back in 2006 and Tampa took 2-from-3 in Philadelphia)...

The Angels beat themselves, and Tampa spent 1 3/5th games figuring out if they wanted to do the same before deciding they'd had enough of experimenting with such shit.

I'd be suprised if Tampa lost. But I think we'll have a WS reach the 6 game mark for the first time since 2003.

The Angels beat themselves, and Tampa spent 1 3/5th games figuring out if they wanted to do the same before deciding they'd had enough of experimenting with such shit.

I'd be suprised if Tampa lost. But I think we'll have a WS reach the 6 game mark for the first time since 2003.

Agree, I'm definitely not expecting a clean sweep here...

:shake: :cheers:

Back