Game 4 of the first round - NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - MON 4/28[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Mon 4/28[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]501[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Miami Heat[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-7.5 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.300[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 188 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]502[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Charlotte Bobcats[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+7.5 1.917[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 3.920[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 188 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Mon 4/28[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]503[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Atlanta Hawks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+6.5 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 3.640[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 186.5 1.971[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]504[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Indiana Pacers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-6.5 1.917[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.333[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 186.5 1.935[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Mon 4/28[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]505[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-4 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.546[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 203 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]06:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]506[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Dallas Mavericks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+4 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.650[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 203 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
I think that it should be a good idea to back the three teams that lost in Game 3.

I like ATL against Indiana. Have ZERO confidence in the pacers. However I like OKC and GS to bounce back.

I also will be looking at a Curry prop. He's taking a little heat for not being selfish and shooting the ball. I like the 15 assists, but if the Warriors are going to advance, he needs to shoot. He has 2 full days off to think about game 3 and I think it digs into him he needs to be in scoring mode.

So far, all 3 first halves between Hawks and Pacers been even, but second half was easily won by one of the teams...

I was on Bulls last night, but I do feel that Wizards owned them.
It took Dunleavy and Butler to score half of Bulls points (with Butler scoring almost all of his points in the fourth quarter), for Bulls to win it.

Noah, Gibson, Boozer - Wizards own Bulls in the paint...

I was on Bulls last night, but I do feel that Wizards owned them.
It took Dunleavy and Butler to score half of Bulls points (with Butler scoring almost all of his points in the fourth quarter), for Bulls to win it.

Noah, Gibson, Boozer - Wizards own Bulls in the paint...

True, but if the Bulls decide to not fall apart early in the 4th this series is 3-0.

Series has had some major runs in it.

Aren't the Pacers broke? Everyone hates Lance on the team. Hibbert is getting all the blame. And Vogel is going to get fired.

Rondo for Hill/Hibbert should be done this offseason.

Kevin Garnett wants more from fans
Mike Mazzeo [ARCHIVE]

Special to ESPNNewYork.com | April 26, 2014

Jaime Valdez/USA TODAY Sports
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The Barclays Center crowd was pretty good on Friday night.

But Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, who played in front of some absolutely raucous playoff crowds for several years at Boston's TD Bank Garden, expected more.

AP Photo/Frank Franklin II
Nets fans were chided slightly by stars Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, who want a more hostile environment for opposing teams.
"They could do better," Garnett said Saturday. "I was expecting Brooklyn to be real hostile, New York-style. I know what it's like to come here as the opposition, so our crowd could do better, but they were there when we needed them, and we fed off of them."

Added Pierce: "Well, we know gradually they got into it. Hopefully the next game, it will get a lot better from the start. We want to come out from the jump, from the beginning, and have them in the game. It shouldn't take a big play from us. We want them behind us. It was a great crowd tonight."

The Nets beat the Toronto Raptors in Game 3, 102-98. They got off to a slow start, and some of the crowd arrived late due to the 7 p.m. tipoff.

"I mean, I thought the crowd was pretty good," Joe Johnson said. "We just gotta go out and make them be excited, we gotta make plays on the court. That's it."

The Nets finally got going late in the second quarter, when Pierce's crossover dribble and slam dunk highlighted a 10-0 run. In the final minute, Garnett dove for a loose ball.

When he got up, Garnett was screaming and popping his white home jersey.

"I don't really know [what I was doing]. I blacked out at that point," Garnett said. "I have a kid at the game, setting an example, being a role model, all that goes out the door. I'm playing with heart at that point, I'm playing with passion, I'm feeding off the crowd; my friends, my family there; my teammates; J [coach Jason Kidd]. I'm just going. I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just going."

Garnett was eager to see what the atmosphere was going to be like. He figured the fans didn't appreciate it when Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri said, "F--- Brooklyn!" prior to Game 1 of the series.

"I don't know if you can say 'F Brooklyn' and then come into Brooklyn," Garnett said earlier in the week. "So we're about to see what it's like."

The crowd will have a chance to get better on Sunday night in Game 4. Brooklyn leads the series 2-1.

I have a trend for you dependent on very few criteria. Since 2003 the Rockets are 12-1 SU and 11-2 ATS at Portland when the Rockets score more than 78 points and Portland is on less than two days of rest.

Without narrowing down at all, they are 14-11 SU and 16-8-1 ATS at Portland during that same time. They are 6-2 SU, 6-1-1 ATS, and 6-2 to the over L8 at Portland with an average score of 109-102 in those 8 games. And 5-0 to the over L5.

Nene being out for the Wizards will change that game drastically, Nene is a beast and someone who the Bulls really don't have an answer for overall, even though Noah is a great defender and rebounder. Hoping my Bulls can tie the series up tomorrow, heading to game 5 in Chicago.

I disagree with the Nene factor. Drew Gooden has played well in Nene's absence. Trevor Booker will help out on the boards, but at the end of the day the Bulls have nobody that can score the basketball, and that is there undoing. I actually think Nene being out helps the Wizards.

I disagree with the Nene factor. Drew Gooden has played well in Nene's absence. Trevor Booker will help out on the boards, but at the end of the day the Bulls have nobody that can score the basketball, and that is there undoing. I actually think Nene being out helps the Wizards.

i dont think it helps them at all.... nene is a beast that brings experience, grit and talent. The wiz dont have anyone that consistently replace that throughout a game.

I think that Nene will be missed, but not as badly as many on the web believe...

now im leaning more towards just a gortat rebound prop... early game usually means lots of missed jump shots = more rebound opportunities

im leaning the under for the game so i dont want to count on gortat's scoring...

Maybe, but they played the Bulls without Nene three weeks ago and lost 96-78.

took Gortat over 26.5 points, rebounds, and blocks. nene out means more opportunities and more minutes.

took Noah over 31 points, rebounds, assists, and blocks. i think Nene absence brings out the inner beast in Noah.

I took Noah Over 11.5 rebounds. I think it has very good chances.
Also like Wall to go Over his prop (18.5) and Butler under his prop (13.5)...

Both bets cashed easily (Noah Over in rebounds and GSW to win).

Tonight three toughs games to cap.

Can easily see scenario where favorites go 3 - 0 SU and 0 - 3 ATS even...

Dallas +4, Indiana -6.5 and Charlotte +7.5 are early leans.

So far, in Indiana series, zig zag theory in full effect, so it's hard to bet on them.

Dallas outplayed the Spurs so far in this series, but Spurs can bounce back.

Charlotte will try to extend the series, but they know that they are done...

Thanks BC - From his sticky
Heat Game tonight..

Overall

All Elimination Games: U/O 107-68-3

Elimination Games being game 4 or 5 of a Series: U/O 45-40-1
Elimination Games being game 6 or 7 of a Series: U/O 62-28-2

1st Round of playoffs

All Elimination Games: U/O 60-37-2

Elimination Games being game 4 or 5 of a Series: U/O 33-23-1
Elimination Games being game 6 or 7 of a Series: U/O 27-14-1

Played Kidd-Gilchrist over 13½ pts.+reb.+assists @ 5D...price was -135 and now at -170 tho slow Bovada still has it at 135
He avg 17.1 in 9 games w/o Jerfferson earlier in season...5-4 over but 2 losses by a half point and one in a b2b blowout loss
Should cover this number w/o foul trouble or a blowout...that's a big if

Played Kidd-Gilchrist over 13½ pts.+reb.+assists @ 5D...price was -135 and now at -170 tho slow Bovada still has it at 135
He avg 17.1 in 9 games w/o Jerfferson earlier in season...5-4 over but 2 losses by a half point and one in a b2b blowout loss
Should cover this number w/o foul trouble or a blowout...that's a big if

Any idea how Henderson did w/o Jefferson ?

Al-Jeff being out negates a play on the Heat. Cats could lose by 20 or by 5, either way the star-out angle is in effect.

Henderson at 12.5 & 7 r+a
6-3 over 12.5 pts. w/o Al..avg. 14 pts. per...scored 13 vs the Heat w/o Al
4-3-2 over r+a ...4-1-2 last 7 over w/o al

TV: TNT

• Charlotte’s chances at picking up a win tonight in Game 4 against Miami took a big hit earlier today when the Bobcats said Al Jefferson would not play. Jefferson, who leads the team in scoring (18.7 points and 9.3 rebounds), has had his play limited since he strained the plantar fascia in his left foot in the first quarter of Game 1 in Miami, April 20. “Al Jefferson won’t play tonight,” Charlotte coach Steve Clifford said pregame. “One game between games just wasn’t enough. He tried hard, but won’t be able to go. Our medical staff is great and did all they could.” Clifford will start Bismack Biyombo in place of Jefferson and continue to use Cody Zeller in his role with the second team. The Heat say they’re disappinted that Jefferson won’t be in the lineup. “We would prefer that he play tonight,” Miami coach Erik Spoelstra said. “Now there’s an unknown and you don’t want there to be a spark. We have to make sure we get after it tonight and not get caught.”

• The Bobcats hope there is no letdown with Jefferson out. “We had a great shoot around,” Clifford said. “It’s not easy to be down 3-0 and to also be without your best offensive player is tough. We work real hard. I’ve been very proud of how we’ve fought all year long and I won’t expect any less tonight.”

• The Heat have the opportunity tonight to become the first team to win a first-round series. Miami has started out 3-0 in each of the previous three first round series and won the first round matchup in each of those years. The Heat have won 19 consecutives games against the Bobcats, who are searching for the first playoff win in franchise history. The Charlotte franchise’s on-court identity as the Bobcats could come to a close tonight as the team will reclaim the Hornets nickname for the 2014-15 season.
  • LeBron James will be a huge part of the Heat’s game plan tonight. James has been dominant against Charlotte this season having notched a career-high scoring effort and averaging 37 points of the course of the team’s first seven meetings this year. The Heat know that a win tonight will allow them extra rest before the second round begins. ‘

• Spoelstra indicated that the Heat would most likely “do something” during the course of the game in response to comments released over the weekend attributed to Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling. The Bobcats made no inidcations of such a move prior to the game.

• Miami starters: LeBron James, Udonis Haslem, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Mario Chalmers. Charlotte starters:Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Josh McRoberts, Bismack Biyombo, Gerald Henderson, Kemba Walker.Derek S. Smith

dont see the hawks covering if teague doesnt score at least 20 pts... his o/u is 17.5 over +110 on 5D

• Pacers players expressed differing opinions on whether they would continue to play if they were in the Clippers’ shoes. Hibbert called it “a sick situation” but said he likely would play because he wouldn’t want to deprive arena workers of their livelihoods. George Hill, on the other hand, said he would play. “My season would’ve been over with,” Hill said. “It’s bigger than money. It’s bigger than basketball.”

something about hibbert's answer is just wrong

Back