Game 4 of the EC Finals: Stons-Cadavaliers

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Lets look at the injury concerns first:

Hughes is not expected to play. He basically has the same injury as Easheed had in 04 and 06 in playoffs and Nocioni had this year. Its a bitch of an injury and he will not be a factor again this year in my estimation.

Prince sprained his left ankle early in Game 3. He still logged 44 minutes. He said it did stiffen up at halftime but James only had one point in the third.

Cavs starting PG tonight

I know many Cavs backers will clamor for Teddy Gibson. He hasn't wilted under playoff pressure and has be key in some of their playoff wins. The thing is Detroit will love having Gibson on Billups starting this game. Post-ups and an easier abilit to get shots off. Much credit goes to Hughes and the help defense for harrassing Chauncey this series. I believe this will springboard the DET guardplay into its best game.

Summary of last Game

Detroit played very nicely in Game 4. James was on late and the guards were cold. They still almost stole one on the road though. I was encouraged by the performance. Cleveland played as they should have in front of the home fans. The role players made plays and James was all-around spectacular. Webber played very well inside. When he has been on floor this series DET has had a decisive edge. 2nd half was a grind no doubt. Great fan base in CLE. They are a big help indeed

Lebron Assists

As Flip pointed out..james accounted for at least 50 of the Cavs 88 points by either scoring or getting an assist. That is not counting 3-pointers or dishes to teammates that get fouled. That is what he did thru the first two rounds of the playoffs. When the rest of the Cavs are making open shots that opens everything up for James. Detroit is fine with James scoring 30. They just want him to take a high volume of shots and kleep the assists lower.

Rip/Chauncey

They must be efficient, smart and aggressive. The NBA's best backcourt must simply find a way to get the job done.

Analysis and Pick

Last year Rasheed guaranteed a Game 4 win. He was loudly jeered and he got injured in the fuirst quarter which made him a non-factor for the 2nd half of the CLE series and the Miami series. It was an ugly game the Cavs won 74-72 after entering the final quarter down by 6. There is no guaransheed this year. The media tried baiting him to no avail. Hughes is a bigger loss than you think Cavalier fans(in general). Detroit has a quiet confidence entering this game and I expect their best full-game performance on road this playoff season. I expect a strong Cavs effort as well. Detroit hits big shots late and pulls away in the last five minutes

Stons 90(yes...the ninety point mark)
Cavs 84

Detroit -1.5 -110 8 units

:cheers:

Adding Det -1.5 -110 4 units
Det Over 173 -110 2 units

Last edited:
I knew you were going to do this.

I thought it might be for more units, though.

Win this f**ker tonight, BAR.

Good write up and good luck.

=)

Joe,

I may get a chance at halftime to do a little bit something more..thats why I stayed at 8 units for now

an_arsed.gif

GL bro...:shake:

BAR --

I am on it as well......BIG.

Also, tell me you like the Spurs tomorrow night. We saw last night the poise they have, and how frustrated they have made the Utah Jazz. Most importantly, the Spurs get to the basket and draw fouls, which a) gets them pissed at the refs and b) gives the Spurs hella free points. The Jazz settled for that 12-15 ft jump shot last game, and were knocking them down. Now that they are back on the road, and if those jumpers don't fall, I think it is going to be lights out for the Jazz. Other than Deron Williams, they don't have anyone to rely on when the shots don't fall.

BIG bet on the Spurs tomorrow. I told myself I would HAMMER the line at -6 or less. -7 I think is a good line because it makes the Spurs bettor question whether or not that is just a little too much. I see a 10-12 pt victory from the Spurs, so I am going to destroy the 7..

Good luck and thanks for the Pistons analysis. :shake: :cheers:

Ramble..already played spurs....love it..write-up later

*Added plays on the game with Hughes news*

Great write up and great points .. I'm with ya today and I'm sure tomorrow we will be on the same side too ... Lets go PSTONS!!!

Perfect first qtr for CLE on offense...

Gooden can't miss..Z had a few baskets..James had a three/dunk and 3-4 assists...

Not a good sign.

Hughes is limping more and more as game goes.

We already saw Chauncey abuse Gibson in post once..more to come..

Billups and Rip look much better but Detroit looks great one possesion on defense and lax the next

Welll that Hunter 3 pretty much fucks that. Probably gonna get Pistons at like +4 now for the game. Not enough value.

GL on the ML

Cle is a tough bunch when the role guys are confident.

Two big startegical mistakes for DET.

1. Not attacking Gibson on the other end. They did it once or twice then went away.
2. When the kid got hot( and got two garbage calls his way) Lindsey should have come in right then).

Since the first two minutes of the game I was hoping I would be able to hedge out at half. It isn't set up that way unfortunately though. Too much of a gap. Cle is too balanced early for DET to win I think. I dunno. I know they will not shoot 51 percent in 2nd half. I also know DET won;t miss as many gimmies as they did. Quite a few layups missed.

The third qtr has been the qtr this series that DET has owned. We shall see. The first three minutes will tell us. If CLE comes out hot the game is over. If DET Executes and plays tougher defense then we will have a battle.

I admire your honesty, BAR. I'm a bit heavily invested in the Pistons so I hope this was just sort of a passing thing.

I think the Pistons are, as Barkley says, lucky they're only down seven. I think they're a veteran team, they'll adjust. I just hope it's enough.

Agree Bar, either they will make it a game, or pack it in and get ready for game 5.

However they are vets, and Billups is driving well, we need Prince to hit some shots, he is missing everything. Webber has to do something and Rasheed has to dominate like he is the best player on the court.

My feeling is like yours we cannot hedge out of the bet, but I think the Pistons will make a little run with Rip and Billups getting hot

I think over 2nd half might be the best play.

Pinny has increased wager limit on spread, line opened at DET -3.5 and went to 4 immediately and juice has been going to the CLE side. Very interesting.

I agree BAR.. I still like the Pistons to take it, they went over 8min without a field goal, and we've all seen them pick up their D second half. Even bigger than Cleveland's role players might be the reemergence of Billups .. that's gonna be huge in the final 5min.

Pistons really have not played well for a full game once in this entire series, they are lucky its 2-2. The Spurs will annilate the Pistons in the Finals if they keep playing like this.

Back