Game 2 pick

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Hi guys, it's been a while. I took a break from hoops a bit, despite a solid run I felt I needed it, didn't have the feel for the games the way I wanted to, but getting it back. My boys in the finals, one might think I should've bet them before, but nah, as I said I didn't feel the game right.

Let's try to keep the winners coming where we left off shall we ;).

Spurs -7 (1.90 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

A lot of cappers seem to think the Cavs will make the necessary adjustments and keep this one close, perhaps even get away with a W. Well I don't. The Spurs have showed they can frustrate LeBron, in a different way to the one Pistons tried to impose, throw 2 or even 3 (!?) men at him so Daniel Gibson and others poured in uncontested shots.

The Spurs are different, their defensive movement is second to none. They're the better team here no doubt, deeper, more experienced wolves to rely on, and the Cavs are too impressed to be in the finals, even though LeBron is truly a great player, the Spurs are too physical and too tough for him.
Now Cavs' bench and supporting cast in general don't perform as well on the road, Pistons couldn't take advantage of it but as I said, the Spurs are something else and I think they go up 2-0 tonight. I am a bit worried about Cleveland clinching a late backdoor cover, but I have this one capped at Spurs having a +12-15 lead in the 4th, and I would think they keep their game on until the last minute.

The Cavs are a great team for the Eastern conference, but Spurs knocked out three better teams before reaching the finals. Ok that game against Utah with a zillion free throws and Amare's suspension were a bit shady, but apart from that they dominated and won games in a convincing fashion.
Cleveland will be a force in the East in the upcoming years, but with too many players not adjusted to the big stage, like Pavlovic, Varejao and Gibson, and an offensive liability in Ilgauskas, plus LeBron who is a beast but as Game 1 has shown, can be contained, I have to go with experience and class here. If Spurs win this one convincingly I'll be going big on Cavs in game 3 let me tell you that straight away.

good luck. :cheers: :shake:

With you buddy. If the Spurs make adjustments to defend the supporting cast as well, I think they should be up by about 15-20 pts in the 4th. Hopefully Lebron doenst go on one of his scoring frenzies leading to a back door cover.

Good luck. :cheers:

Like it Satyr, gl tonight :cheers:

Btw do I have been meaning to ask you, do you bet on Croatian basketball? (I think I know the answer to this but figured I'd ask anyway). Wouldn't mind running a couple of things past you

you mean Croatian league? Or the so called "Adriatic Basket" (regional league)? the limits on Croatian league are shite, so I almost didn't look at that at all, but I have plenty of guys who watch and cap the regional league involving Croatian, Serbian, Slovenian, Montenegran and Bosnian clubs.

I do watch it a bit less than I watch NBA, due to lack of time, but I still watch it whenever I can. :shake:

If you have a question or something I can help you with, fire away. :shake:

Spurs 16-6, LeBron on the bench, 2 fouls already.

GO SPURS'an_horse' 'an_horse' 'an_horse' 'an_horse'

Thanks Ally. I'm considering Cavs +2 here actually. Spurs have 3 match points the way I see it, and I think they take the 2nd one.

btw what the f*** was that, one of the biggest half time leads in the history of the NBA finals? wow.

impressive game by SA.

Back