Team Totals: 2-0, +2.0u
ML parlays: 1-0, +1.41u
Overall: 23-21, +2.03u

*listed pitchers in parentheses must start for action

910 SF (Rodriguez) +110
913 DET 1st 5 (Fulmer) -101
918 BAL (Cobb) +106

Last edited:
Any opinion on the Red Sox. Can Richards hold the Red Sox to a F5 under?

I do--had that one on the leans list myself. Richards doesn't light up the radar gun, but he's got one of the filthiest changeups in baseball when it's on (think Kyle Hendricks lite) so there's the deception factor with him... Price has been vintage Price spinning it with the best of them right now obviously and umpire checks out with Barry behind the dish. F5 under 5.5 looks solid to me, fwiw

I do--had that one on the leans list myself. Richards doesn't light up the radar gun, but he's got one of the filthiest changeups in baseball when it's on (think Kyle Hendricks lite) so there's the deception factor with him... Price has been vintage Price spinning it with the best of them right now obviously and umpire checks out with Barry behind the dish. F5 under 5.5 looks solid to me, fwiw

Appreciate the insight. Good luck today on your card. I'm riding Orioles as well.

Notreally sure what will happen with Cobb. on 4 days rest you see 6.84 ERA but he has been evolving

Notreally sure what will happen with Cobb. on 4 days rest you see 6.84 ERA but he has been evolving

post-Tommy John last season he threw a lot more curve balls and his signature offspeed offering the "splange" (split-change) dipped pretty significantly in usage. If I recall he was one of the best RHP at negating lefties due to that pitch. A lot of people don't realize that a splitty is pretty hard on the elbow as well so maybe it was a comfort thing for him to not use it last season immediately post surgery. Coming from someone who has had TJ surgery it can be difficult trusting your elbow again throwing a slider, or in Cobb's case his splange. Looks like the splange usage is back up again this season and I'd imagine his success in Aug is correlated to that pitch--simply getting a feel for it again.

Back