G4M July Bases

Grind thoughts on Cardinal bullpen? See you on 1st 5 vs. game. BOL

I actually like the depth of their pen, it's just a matter of defining their roles. Gallegos - STL's best reliever last season - was activated yesterday, which is a plus, along with the day of rest obviously. Kind of wish they had rolled with Helsley as their closer to start, but it is what it is. Kim was a bit shaky closing out Pittsburgh; he had no prior closing experience in Korea regular seasons, but did in the Korean Series twice. It will be interesting to see how the 9th plays out from here on out. The tall lefty Gomber not a bad piggyback/long relief option with his 4-seam/sweeping curve to follow Carlos, or the righty Ponce de Leon who has starting experience and works his 4-seam fastball well which should play up after seeing a bunch of slide pieces from Carlos. Pretty much know what you're getting from Webb and Gant, and Andrew Miller has been up and down the last two seasons.

I actually like the depth of their pen, it's just a matter of defining their roles. Gallegos - STL's best reliever last season - was activated yesterday, which is a plus, along with the day of rest obviously. Kind of wish they had rolled with Helsley as their closer to start, but it is what it is. Kim was a bit shaky closing out Pittsburgh; he had no prior closing experience in Korea regular seasons, but did in the Korean Series twice. It will be interesting to see how the 9th plays out from here on out. The tall lefty Gomber not a bad piggyback/long relief option with his 4-seam/sweeping curve to follow Carlos, or the righty Ponce de Leon who has starting experience and works his 4-seam fastball well which should play up after seeing a bunch of slide pieces from Carlos. Pretty much know what you're getting from Webb and Gant, and Andrew Miller has been up and down the last two seasons.

Ponce de Leon starting tomorrow

I hope they put KK in rotation now that Mikolas done, I don’t think he cut out to be a closer. Heisley or Gallegos should be in that role imo. I think we can get a lot more out of Kim as a starter.

Wed, 7/29

901 COL 1st 5 ML +110 (1/1.1)
904 TEX 1st 5 -1/2 (+115) (1/1.15)
907/08 WAS/TOR 1st 5 under 4.5 (-118) (1.18/1)
915/16 MIL/PIT 1st 5 under 4.5 (-112) (1.12/1)
917/18 LAD/HOU 1st 5 under 5.5 (+100) (1/1)
919/20 BOS/NYM 1st 5 under 4 (-113) (1.13/1)
922 ATL 1st 5 ML -120 (1.2/1)
923 KC 1st 5 ML +110 (1/1.1)
927/28 SD/SF 1st 5 under 4 (-105) (1.05/1)
930 LAA 1st 5 -1/2 (-155) (1.55/1)

7/27: 1-0, +1.0
7/28: 1-2, -1.2
7/29: 7-1-2, +6.2

YTD: 16-6-3, +9.93u

Thurs, 7/30

952 CIN 1st 5 ML -120 (1.2/1)
965 CLE 1st 5 ML -105 (1.05/1)

Back