G-Man's WORLD SERIES Plays. ALL Series Plays Here In This Thread (2008)

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Its World Series time and this is for all the marbles!

All plays will be posted in Box #2-8 (7 days if necessary) and graded in Box one (#1)

Tampa Bay Win Series -145 (20 units) LOSS

Game 1. LOSS

Game 2. Won

Game 3. No Plays

Game 4. Loss

Game 5. Loss. re-bet

Game 5 and a half. Pending- LOSS

Last edited:
Game 1

Rays at home are the best. Hamels is a solid pitcher, no doubt. I really like this (Corvette) Sting-Ray lineup against Hamels.

Kazmir is so good at keeping the ball down and Philly has a lineup full of big swingers with low batting averages. In series games, long ball, is not always effective.

As Earl Weaver said - "Good pitching always beats good hitting and vice-versa."

The Rays are nearly impossible to shut down at home and they are extremely effective in late innings of games. This is a very big advantage for Tampa. Neither team has been to a WS with these players, so there is no first-time jinx advantage in place for either team.

Hamels had two starts this season against AL teams . Boston and Texas. He won them both, but gave up hits and walks that could have beat him. fortunately he pitched against garbage in the Boston game.

One start against Boston was against a washed up Bartolo Colon who gave up 4 er's in 4 innings and 4 more from reliever Mike Timlin who had an era of 7 plus! The Phillies wont be batting against any pitchers like that in Tampa, so their 8 run average that they supported Hamels with, wont be there at any time in the series.

Hamels other AL start, was at Texas. he allowed 4 earned runs and was lucky to get Padilla in a bad way as Padilla gave up 7 runs that day.

The Sting-Rays are so good with Crawford back and Longoria healthy that they may win this in 5 or less?

Expect "Dome Dominance" in this series.

Game 1.

Tampa -104. (10 units)

TB RL -1.5 +210 ( 4 units)

Tampa Bay Win Series -145 (20 units)

Go Rays!

Last edited:
Game 2.

Tampa -166. (10 units)

Tampa RL +120. (5 units)

GLTA.

Last edited:
Game 5 ( If Necessary)

After being down 3-1 in this series the risk would seem much worse for this bet to many. I have large money pending on the series with Tampa so this may be my last bet either way on a game itself as there will be a large bet dangling on game 7 if there is one.

But, "Ive always considered 'risk' another word for opportunity". And at +167 with Kazmir - the opportunity doesn't get much better than this.

Rays. +167. (15 units)
to win 2505.00

Last edited:
Also think TB is very similiar to Florida in terms of lineup makeup with the balance of LH and RH's which FLA was Hamels achilles this year .

GL on both !

Also think TB is very similiar to Florida in terms of lineup makeup with the balance of LH and RH's which FLA was Hamels achilles this year .

GL on both !

Great point SN. Im just sold on Crawford and Langoria. Two "hardly-knowns"...

I saw MOYER live in dodger stadium, if he brings his 78 mph fastball he is in trouble--

Dodgers played teeball off him, and i think the RAYS are much better and could do a WAKEFIELD on him, MOyer got hit very hard vs LA----

I dont think MOYER has it, and is only starting becaues of his age and experience, even though he pitches some pitches in the 70's mph. No changeup as all of his pitches are super slow.

I saw MOYER live in dodger stadium, if he brings his 78 mph fastball he is in trouble--

Dodgers played teeball off him, and i think the RAYS are much better and could do a WAKEFIELD on him, MOyer got hit very hard vs LA----

I dont think MOYER has it, and is only starting becaues of his age and experience, even though he pitches some pitches in the 70's mph. No changeup as all of his pitches are super slow.

He brought the "79 MPH" and it was just enough... hahaha.

G-Man's Last Stand? (I hope I don't end up like Custer)

Final Bet posted in window box #6 - maybe.

Last edited:
Game 5 ( If Necessary)

After being down 3-1 in this series the risk would seem much worse for this bet to many. I have large money pending on the series with Tampa so this may be my last bet either way on a game itself as there will be a large bet dangling on game 7 if there is one.

But, "Ive always considered 'risk' another word for opportunity". And at +167 with Kazmir - the opportunity doesn't get much better than this.

Rays. +167. (15 units)
to win 2505.00

Same bet different day??? (15 units) (+147)

(fingers crossed)

Back