G-Man's Week 1 NFL Plays.

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Going to post all the plays here as I go.

Washington +4 @NY Giants.

These two teams played close in 07 splitting the two games. The Home team lost BOTH times. The Redskins were snake bit in several games from turnovers or they would have made a better run in the playoffs. They are a better team this year based on the fact that Collins is a solid backup and Campbell will likely start again at QB.

I like the defense that Wash has and that should be a good reason for a cover here. Both teams have a few banged up question marks on defense.

Manning will play well, but the Giant defense will feel the loss of important starters late in this one - and dont be surprised to see an out-right win by the Skins. I find it difficult to bet on a Superbowl winner that scored less than 20 points - and that they got a few great breaks to win as well - against a NE team that was visibly over-rated, and had no running game, after they couldn't cheat anymore for blowout wins.

Redskins +4. (5 Units) L -550 Campbell sucked and wasted a good team effort...Giants played well enough to win.

Houston Texans +7 @Pittsburgh. I like the addition of Slaton with the hopes of being able to run against a low scoring team.(A.Green should play?- Check status on gameday) Steelers only scored more than 3 TD's in 1 of their last 5 regular season games and their defense is nothing to write home about anymore. This could be an upset as well because the Steelers are playing one of the most under rated AFC teams in the Texans, who are in the best divison.

Houston +7 (4 Units) LOSS 440

Cleveland +5.5 vs Dallas.

This is a great ML play on Cleveland. The Cowboys lack the defense to shut down a 30 point offense. Especially on the road. The Cowboys will likely fail to score 21 here, and will trail Cleveland mainly because of the special teams play.

Browns ML +200 (3 units) LOSS 600 and +5.5 ( 5 Units)
Added (2 units@ +6)
LOSS 770

Miami +3 ( 3 units) LOSS 330 Over NY Jets. Looking for the Phins to run the ball and keep Favre off the field.

Tennessee +3.5 ( 4 Units) WON 400
Over J'Ville. Garrard is too inconsistent for me to lay the 3.5. Titans can win SU if they play error free ball today, but i'll take the points.

Buffalo -1.5 (3 units) WON 300 over the Seahawks. Very under-rated defense should control what the Hawks can do. Look for the Bills to stuff the run and force Hassellback to pass into tight coverage.

Saints -3.5 (4 units) WON 400 over Tampa. With Brees and a healthy offense I look for a win and cover. Garcia can make a drive at the end but the Saints need to be ahead by 11 or more to cover if that happens. N.O. should be able to run all day with the lead.

Rams +9 (4 Units) LOSS 440 Over Philly. Line is just to big here. Eagles are over priced today and will try to run the clock to win. I like the Rams chances for some bombs today and this could be an upset here.

San Diego -9 ( 5 Units)LOSS 550 over Carolina. Chargers are healthy and will rock the Panthers. They need to shut off the run and the rest will be easy.

San Fran +2.5 (3 Units) LOSS 330 over Arizona. They played well at home LY against AZ and will win this today. 9'ers have a good enough defense to shut down Zona. No surpise here for the mild upset.

Chicago +10 (5 Units) WON 500 Over the injury riddled Colts. Last 2 defensive teams that Indy played they lost SU. With the way the whole day has gone, I'll take Chicago to keep it close.

GLTA.

Last edited:
Going to post all the plays here as I go.

Cleveland +5.5 Dallas.

This is a great ML play on Cleveland. The Cowboys lack the defense to shut down a 30 point offense. Especially on the road. The Cowboys will likely fail to score 21 here, and will trail Cleveland mainly because to the special teams play.

Browns ML +200 (3 units) and +5.5 ( 5 Units)

More later
Cribbs is likely out.

They can still return without him. Syndric Steptoe should play. (SHHHHH)

Last edited:
wish i would have waited for the 5.5....unbelievably stupid move by the books imo...right on the nose about special teams, and i think the browns will have plenty of opportunities to make roy williams look really stupid downfield. gl..i jumped on the +200, but i'm stuck with a +3...hopefully it won't matter

houston might be tough in my estimation...not convinced schaub will be able to exploit that secondary with the pass rush he'll face, and even if he does, i think he'll make some key mistakes to swing momentum because of it. and i think the pitt receivers can potentially have a field day vs that houston secondary...i'll certainly be rooting for ya though...

G-Man

Do you normally play dogs? I like that Houston pick, but I'm not sold on that fact that Pitts gonna be down this year and Houstons is improving. Want to watch that first game to see what happens before betting on either team.

Thoughts on the total?

They are a better team this year based on the fact that Campbell is a solid backup and Todd Collins will likely start again at QB.

You have this backwards.

Gl with all the dog plays.

wish i would have waited for the 5.5....unbelievably stupid move by the books imo...right on the nose about special teams, and i think the browns will have plenty of opportunities to make roy williams look really stupid downfield. gl..i jumped on the +200, but i'm stuck with a +3...hopefully it won't matter

houston might be tough in my estimation...not convinced schaub will be able to exploit that secondary with the pass rush he'll face, and even if he does, i think he'll make some key mistakes to swing momentum because of it. and i think the pitt receivers can potentially have a field day vs that houston secondary...i'll certainly be rooting for ya though...

Roy is only playing on running downs this year. However, as soon as i see him in game i would audible to a pass. Does Cleveland let DA use audibles?

They are a better team this year based on the fact that Campbell is a solid backup and Todd Collins will likely start again at QB.

You have this backwards.

Gl with all the dog plays.

Thanks .. fixed it.:cheers:

G-Man

Do you normally play dogs? I like that Houston pick, but I'm not sold on that fact that Pitts gonna be down this year and Houstons is improving. Want to watch that first game to see what happens before betting on either team.

Thoughts on the total?

Not by habit. But when they are good teams with winning records or coming from a divison schedule that is nearly impossible to win in - then YES - in this case for this week.

No thoughts on the total. GL

an 18-0 team coming into the superbowl as visibly overrated??

I dont know what was visibly overrated about Brady throwing 50 TD!

please explain what 'a NE team that was visibly over-rated' means???

I was just lost for words when a team that went 18-0 was called over-rated.

You show up scoring 35 points a game in your 18 wins and fall to 14 in the superbowl,,,thats over rated. Especially after nearly being outplayed in NY and still winning 38-35 in the last week of the reg season. They were ripe for the hype!

Who were the Pats beating to go undefeated?! 4-12 Jets? 1-15 Miami?! They almost lost to the 5-11 Ravens!...But yeah, they had kinda easy schedule in 2007. But hey, they can still claim to be the ONLY undefeated team to lose a Super Bowl...haha...

Oh yeah, GL G-Man. :cheers:

You show up scoring 35 points a game in your 18 wins and fall to 14 in the superbowl,,,thats over rated. Especially after nearly being outplayed in NY and still winning 38-35 in the last week of the reg season. They were ripe for the hype!

umm.. maybe the Giants, who led the league in sacks, had something to do with that... seriously... overrated?... geez.

Who were the Pats beating to go undefeated?! 4-12 Jets? 1-15 Miami?! They almost lost to the 5-11 Ravens!...But yeah, they had kinda easy schedule in 2007. But hey, they can still claim to be the ONLY undefeated team to lose a Super Bowl...haha...

Oh yeah, GL G-Man. :cheers:

I wouldn't even want to begin counting how many teams in history have had easy schedules that couldn't even come remotely close to being undefeated...

I also find it funny how people always bring up the game against Baltimore and how they should have lost it... they are an NFL team.. they have good days and bad days just like all the other teams... the difference between them and the other teams last year was that they found ways to win.. even on their bad days when they played like shit.. like against Baltimore...

how bout bringing up the fact they beat San Diego by more than 20 pts, Dallas by more than 20 pts, Washington by more than 40 pts, and Pittsburgh by more than 20 pts.. and they also had wins over Philly, Indianapolis, and the Giants...

please, don't give me that 'shoulda lost to Baltimore and played easy teams like Jets and Miami' lines... they were blowing most teams away regardless who they played...

I personally don't care at all for the Patriots, but they were NOT overrated.

I agree with Blitz but I am a big Pats fan. I think they were overrated by the gambling public with inflated lines but going 18-0 is nothing to sneeze at. I don't give a shit if they played a Dolphin-caliber team 18 games in a row, law of averages says one of those games would be a loss.

Back