G-Man's Thursday Nighter. South Florida/Cincinnati 10-30-08

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Cincy is banged up with its startring QB out. Backup, Chazz Anderson is a freshman. Most of the reason for the Bearcats being a dog, is because of the QB injuries.

Some even may wonder, why is the line only -2.5 to-3 with 70% or more of the action on the Bulls here.

IMO, its because they are not as good as the public may think with a 6-1 record - and - only being favored by 2.5 to 3, has drawn all the action where the house wants the bettors to go.

Look a little closer and youll see that Cincy QB Chazz is not too bad at all. He did get picked last week for 2 int's in the UConn slaughter of Cincy 40-16, but the Bearcats also had 3 fumbles.

Being at home is a big advantage for Cincy, as well as the fact that SF has just as many problens of their own. If you take a look at the injury riddled player list for the Bulls, they may just leave here with a sword in their neck.

Cincinnati +3 . (10 units)

S. Florida has traditionally underachieved on the road. However this falls into a must-win category and the Cincy offense has been abysmal this year and tremendously incosistent. 28% third-down conversion percentage. I think with either Pike or Chazz Anderson at the controls the Cincy offense could struggle because they are essentially one dimensonal. Revenge game factor for the 38-33 win Cincy posted last year when they were +6 in turnovers for the game.

That being said S. Florida has struggled moving the ball on the ground and Cincy home ground will be pumped up. Too much value in S. Florida at 2.5 and reminds me of the Boise State v. SJSU game when everybody was on the Spartans.

Good Health on this one and best of luck on the others this weekend.

:smiley_acbe:Gl G-Man, I concur, Bearcats +2.5 "home doggy" play, line is fishy given Bearcats down to 4th or 5th string QB, let's CASH, she smiles on you:smiley_acbe:

GL G-Man

Would lean Nati slightly.

This line begging for USF money.

This game is at Nippert. A home dog on a Thursday and public all over USF.

Nati didn't get creamed like score indicated last week, ridiculous TO's

Don't think USF is that good this year either

Have to give the home dog on a TH advantage :shake:

S. Florida has traditionally underachieved on the road. However this falls into a must-win category and the Cincy offense has been abysmal this year and tremendously incosistent. 28% third-down conversion percentage. I think with either Pike or Chazz Anderson at the controls the Cincy offense could struggle because they are essentially one dimensonal. Revenge game factor for the 38-33 win Cincy posted last year when they were +6 in turnovers for the game.

That being said S. Florida has struggled moving the ball on the ground and Cincy home ground will be pumped up. Too much value in S. Florida at 2.5 and reminds me of the Boise State v. SJSU game when everybody was on the Spartans.

Good Health on this one and best of luck on the others this weekend.

Speaking of turnovers...The Bearcats had 6 last week at UCONN and when that happens to a team with a winning record, they usually play very well the next game - especially at home.

GL G-Man

Would lean Nati slightly.

This line begging for USF money.

This game is at Nippert. A home dog on a Thursday and public all over USF.

Nati didn't get creamed like score indicated last week, ridiculous TO's

Don't think USF is that good this year either

Have to give the home dog on a TH advantage :shake:

6 turnovers really fools the public into thinking the loser sucked and the winner dominated.

:cheers:

Back