G-Man's Super Bowl XLIII (43) Feb 2009!!

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Looks like another great game. Have several ways to play this, if stats were the answer. But Im not using too many angles here, and trends dont count IMO.

First-off, I hate Pittsburgh because of the way they win. I like the team and players, but the wins have come on luck too often. Most losses were real and they should have lost 5 games not 4.

Zona has a few things going for them. Warner and Fitzgerald are two of them. They also have another another thing going. They're dogs and there is no pressure to win.

I played the Steelers in their last game and they did beat the Ravens, but the Ravens had choked badly and it showed late.

Many things here have been written on this game and there will only be one winner, but Im not sold on laying 7. Im also not sold too big on the over.

These games usually finish with the team that plays the best defense. Turnovers though - always take care of that as well.

Take a GOOD look at Rothlesburger. He's had a bad year passing. Ive always thought of him as an over rated QB and I still feel that way.

Warner has somehow, learned to stop throwing so many INT's and thats why they are winning.

The Steelers have lost 4 games and should have lost number 5 to San Diego, but again, they had freak breaks to win that one.

Zona doesnt run the ball. I repeat, Zona doesnt run the ball. Im sorry, Zona doesnt run the ball. Just wanted that to be clear.

The Steelers run and pass, but niether is dominating.

The Steelers stop the run at 3.2 yds per rush but that stat is going out the window for this game. Why? Because - Zona doesnt run the ball!

Offensively the Steelers are putting up 313 yds combined on offense. Zona 356. Points per game Zona has a 5 point edge.

Defensively, Pitt allows only 238 yds per game. Zona a whopping 330!
Their overall stats and their away stats, are virtually identical, so there is NO advantage for either team on the ROAD!

Therefore, where is the advantage? I've got one that Im sticking to. All the Steeler losses came against QB's that were better than Rothlesburger, period! It is that simple.

Warner has a great 98.9 rating and twice as many TD (38-19) passes as Rothlesburger, who carries a low 81.4 rating. Both qb's have the same int's,(16-15) but when you consider that Warner passed for 5,353 yds, that's no accident!

Zona+7 (50 units)

Under 46.5 (10 units)

GLTNY (Good luck till next year) :shake:

Last edited:
You got it buddy---

PItts beat cream puff qb's, granted thier D is good, but it is overrated, it is nowhere near as good as they are talking--

Pitts D was the product of horrible qb's in the league like Fitzpatrick, Dorsey, Campbell, Romo, Shaub-- half these guys stink

You got it buddy---

PItts beat cream puff qb's, granted thier D is good, but it is overrated, it is nowhere near as good as they are talking--

Pitts D was the product of horrible qb's in the league like Fitzpatrick, Dorsey, Campbell, Romo, Shaub-- half these guys stink

yep all QBs in the NFL suck, and this is also why those QBs threw for 300+ on many other teams. Also this is the reason no one can run the ball against pitt. pitts D sucks

You got it buddy---

i think you are just being dumb here because a defense cant be overrated when they have the numbers/stats to prove it.. you either put up good numbers or you dont and thats what makes you the number #1 in a certain category or not.. plus i didnt know you faced the Pitts D-fense and determined they "are nowhere near as good as they are talking"... what team do you play for?? haah:36_11_6:

You got it buddy---

:36_11_6:

G-Man.... I am so so happy that you are on Zona....I really like them too, infact I love them. I just feel it in my bones that Warner & Co. will be the winner. This is their time & this is their year. GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEOOOOOOOO

Let's get this one!!!!!!!:smiley_acbe:

You got it buddy---

Whatever you're smokin', can you overnight me some for the game tomorrow night?

G-Man.... I am so so happy that you are on Zona....I really like them too, infact I love them. I just feel it in my bones that Warner & Co. will be the winner. This is their time & this is their year. GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEOOOOOOOO

Let's get this one!!!!!!!:smiley_acbe:

:cheers:

yep all QBs in the NFL suck, and this is also why those QBs threw for 300+ on many other teams. Also this is the reason no one can run the ball against pitt. pitts D sucks

The run defense wont matter today. But IF the Steelers play well against the Pass, which will be hard to do, then Pitt could win.

The Steelers will have to be able to shut down a truly good passing game, maybe the best in the entire NFL. Im betting they cant.
:shake:

:cheers: I am really glad we got the money but my heart was with Warner & Co to win it....nice call my friend.....I will be e-mailing you soon. Thank you for the good picks & a winning year!!!!!:cheers:

Back