G-Man's Sunday NFL Week 2. 9-14-08

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
New England +3 -135 (7 Units) (This was bet on Monday) over Jets. It takes 22 good players to win a game. When you lose one player it will have an effect, but Brady out for the year won't turn this team into a loser.

Tennessee +1 (5 Units) Over Cincinnati. Bungles facing one of the better defenses in the AFC. Winning at home wont happen today. Collins will pick apart the secondary as Cincy has no defense. Palmer will struggle against this playoff bound Titan secondary.

Minny +1.5 (6 Units) over Indy. Its all about defense here.The Colts are "supposedly" far superior. Manning isnt sharp, but he is playing in a dome. If he gets pressured from playing behind a new O'line, then they could lose this one. The running game is what's crucial. As the Colts allowed a whopping 183 yards by the Bears. Minny is drooling with Peterson and Jackson running all over the Colts.

Washington -1 (5 Units) over New Orleans. Redskins played a game well enough to win LW in the loss at the Giants. The Saints arent as good as NY so Im looking for a win by the Skins today.

Detroit +3 (4 units)
over Green Bay. Kitna's Kitty's has enough here to score as much as 21-24 points here. Asking GB to score 27 on the road with a new QB is tough. Too much hype on Rogers and Im going with the upset. Wrong team favored.
Under 46 Total. (3 units)

Carolina -3 (6 units) over Chicago. Bears win over Indy has inflated their ability falsely. They should get beat today by a Carolina team that won LW without their best receiver (Smith).

Jacksonville -4.5 (7 units) over Buffalo. This is a 30 point offense here in J'Ville. The Bills will have to play better than last year, when they were blown out 36-14 in J-town as a 13 point dog. Beating the Seahawks has shortened the spread along with a loss in Tennessee for the Jags.

Tampa Bay -7 (6 units) over Atlanta. Greise is a very good QB in Grudens system. I'm expecting Matt Ryan to get re-introduced properly into the NFL . Detroit walked into Atlanta with the mindset of just showing up and they win. Thats why they lost LW to Atlanta. Expect the Falcons to get held to 10 or less today.

Miami +6.5 (4 units)
over Arzona. AFC vs NFC. AZ was outgained LW by SF. They were favored only by 1 point. Now they are favored by 6 at home. I dont think hat the Phins are anywhere near as poor of a team as the Niners were without Alex Smith so the 6 is over the true number here. Line should be -2. I'll take Miami with the 6.5 today.

Browns +6 (6 units)
over Pittsburgh. National TV does wonders for the spread. Cleveland did about as much wrong in one game that you can possibly do last week. Fortunatley for the Steelers, so did Houston. Cleveland is hurtng without a few players, but this game will come down to the wire this week. Edwards can get behind all the the Pit Db's. Lewis can run up the middle. The question here, is can Cleveland shut down the run? If they can keep it respectable the Steelers may get beat today. Watch for a good game of field-position, in favor of the Browns today that makes the difference in this one.

Where the Public (%) is on these games today.

Game (Spread) Pick Distribution Percentage (%)
1. HOUSTON (-4.5) 43% Baltimore (4.5) 57%

2. CINCINNATI (-1.0) 54% Tennessee (1.0) 46%

3. Green Bay (-3.0) 83% DETROIT (3.0) 17%

4. WASHINGTON (-0.0) 24% New Orleans (0.0) 76%

5. KANSAS CITY (-3.5) 76% Oakland (3.5) 24%

6. CAROLINA (-3.0) 50% Chicago (3.0) 50%

7. New York (NYG) (-8.5) 80% ST. LOUIS (8.5) 20%

8. JACKSONVILLE (-5.5) 44% Buffalo (5.5) 56%

9. Indianapolis (-2.0) 77% MINNESOTA (2.0) 23%

10. SEATTLE (-7.0) 61% San Francisco (7.0) 39%

11. TAMPA BAY (-7.0) 43% Atlanta (7.0) 57%

12. NEW YORK (NYJ) (-1.5) 51% New England (1.5) 49%

13. ARIZONA (-6.5) 69% Miami (6.5) 31%

14. San Diego (-1.5) 48% DENVER (1.5) 52%

15. Pittsburgh (-6.0) 79% CLEVELAND (6.0) 21%

16. DALLAS (-7.0) 60% Philadelphia (7.0) 40%

Last edited:
Grading window.

WON New England +3 -135 (7 Units) (This was bet on Monday)
WON Tennessee +1 (5 Units)

LOSS
Minny +1.5 (6 Units)

WON
Washington -1 (5 Units)

LOSS
Detroit +3 (4 units)

LOSS
Under 46 Total.(3 units)

PUSH Carolina -3 (6 units)

LOSS Jacksonville -4.5 (7 units)

WON
Tampa Bay -7 (6 units)

LOSS
Miami +6.5 (4 units)

WON Browns +6 (6 units)

Where the Public (%) is on these games today.

Game (Spread) Pick Distribution Percentage (%)
1. HOUSTON (-4.5) 43% Baltimore (4.5) 57%

2. CINCINNATI (-1.0) 54% Tennessee (1.0) 46%

3. Green Bay (-3.0)
83% DETROIT (3.0) 17%

4. WASHINGTON (-0.0) 24% New Orleans (0.0) 76%

5. KANSAS CITY (-3.5) 76%
Oakland
(3.5) 24%

6. CAROLINA (-3.0) 50% Chicago (3.0) 50%

7. New York (NYG) (-8.5) 80% ST. LOUIS (8.5) 20%

8. JACKSONVILLE (-5.5) 44% Buffalo (5.5) 56%

9. Indianapolis (-2.0) 77% MINNESOTA (2.0) 23%

10. SEATTLE (-7.0) 61% San Francisco (7.0) 39%

11. TAMPA BAY (-7.0) 43% Atlanta (7.0) 57%

12. NEW YORK (NYJ) (-1.5)
51%
New England (1.5) 49%

13. ARIZONA (-6.5) 69% Miami (6.5) 31%

14. San Diego (-1.5) 48% DENVER (1.5) 52%

15. Pittsburgh (-6.0) 79% CLEVELAND (6.0) 21%

16. DALLAS (-7.0) 60% Philadelphia (7.0) 40%
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
Football -2008
NFL 6-11 (-2790)
College 23-30
(-1930)

Last edited:
Hey G-Man!!!!! How you been???? GLT on you r picks....I did pretty good last week 2-1 I picked Colts, Buff & N.E. today....seems like we are on opposite ends with Buff game. Gl my friend!

Hey G-Man!!!!! How you been???? GLT on you r picks....I did pretty good last week 2-1 I picked Colts, Buff & N.E. today....seems like we are on opposite ends with Buff game. Gl my friend!

Nice to see you free. Tomorrow we'll both be on the same team....:cheers:

I think Matt Cassel has been there for a good while & knows the System for N.E. & your r right....22 guys will be fired up for this game.....

G man, I was in attendance at that browns game last week and I agree with you 110%. They really stunk in that game, penalties were a major problem. I don't think I can take the +6 if Cribbs or Stallworth don't play. The other receivers for Cleveland are strictly practice squad guys. I really don't see how they can be competitive in the NFL.

Also, looks like the browns are affected by not having any physcial contact in training camp and Braylon it appears is also effected by not having the contact through training camp and having to sit out a lot due to stallworth stepping on his toe.

I may actually be on the other side in this one.

GO BROWNS though.

Steelers DB McFadden should match up well against Edwards ...Much more physical than Townsend...Also LB Timmons has the speed to hang with Winslow...I like my match ups this week ...Browns better be able to run the ball if they are going to have a chance,, but i doubt it ...good luck on your plays

I heard that the winds are going to be really bad tonight in Cleveland b/c of the hurricane moving up toward them. They are also calling for some severe thunderstorms on & off. I am liking the UNDERS 43 on this game. Could make for a nice teaser Cleve. & UNders...What do you guys think?

I think I am staying away from this game but if I was going for it I think I would go with the UNDERS here considering the weather they are having. Heard the winds are really picking up from Ike Maybe a teaser would do it also...Cleve& the unders might be the way to go????

Winds in cleveland downtown at the park are at least 50mph -REGARDLESS of any other reports you may hear..

Just went through there and its going to be a while till they die down. Only the best passes will be caught. Advantage Cleveland IMO because Pitt will focus on running the ball and the browns will go man to man and cover the run better.

Winds in cleveland downtown at the park are at least 50mph -REGARDLESS of any other reports you may hear..

Just went through there and its going to be a while till they die down. Only the best passes will be caught. Advantage Cleveland IMO because Pitt will focus on running the ball and the browns will go man to man and cover the run better.
UNDER :shake:

Well, I can kick myself in the ass for not going with my picks on this game...I stayed away from it but I am really glad all you guys got it! Nice going G-Man...good day....I am leaning toward Phila tomorrow. I think they are getting 7 which seems like alot. I am pretty sure the Eagles have a good record against Dallas. BTW... I like your aviator:cheers:

Back