G-MAN'S PRO PLAYOFFS, WEEK 2. SATURDAY & SUNDAY JAN 13th-14th.

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Will ad more later to this thread.
Write ups later.

Saturday.

Colts +4.5. WON (15 Units)

OK... We have a dog with clearly the one of the two best QB's in the game. Brady is the other one. The Ravens to me are the worst team left in the playoffs. Regardless of what everyone thinks about their defense, its not as good as it appears. This Ravens team had their hands full with the Browns, almost lost to Tennessee, and played 6 of their games against division teams that ALL had problems all season.

The Colts had plenty of injuries all season and it showed in several games. But dont get off track here because they "have a bad run defense", - its fixed. They held down Larry Johnson last week and Baltimore doesnt have anywhere near the run capacity that KC had. If you think Manning can be stopped by Baltimore, then were looking from different glasses. Last year Balt was 6-10. The Colts almost got to the SB. With only McNair being the main change here, the Ravens will get shut down, even at home.

Saints -5 LOSS (15 Units)

Same story as above - almost-. Brees is far better than Garcia. Dome game will cause Garcia to have to adjust to different environment. Fans will be crazy and he wont get off plays without confusion. Saints defense here can keep Garcia in the pocket, and after Westbrook is covered, the Eagles can be stopped. NO has played great at home and the Eagles will fall short late in this one. Brees makes the difference in this game.

Sunday.

Seattle +9.5. WON (15 Units)

Hassleback and Alexander will be too much for the Bears to overcome. Seattle defense had some DB's out but Grossman isnt a top QB. Getting beat by Chicago 37-6 in week 4, is all the motivation Hawks need to stay in this game. Seahawks were a 3.5 favorite here back in October. Public will be all over the Bears and this inflated line now with the Seahawks getting this 12 point swing in their favor.

New England +5. WON (15 Units)
Another year where Marty gets booted out early. The main accomplishment for Marty was beating Denver in Denver. Whoop-de-do! The Broncos are a team on the decline and it showed even with the QB change.

N.England has "Tom Terrific" Brady and a running game that SD will never stop. Brady can burn them short or long , so pass coverage here for the Chargers will be impossible in this game. Then Dillion and Maroney can run wild. Belichek knows defense and will take care of Tomlinson.

And my 4 team sweetheart teaser hit, that was posted a few posts down.

Last edited:
i think the colts may get stomped here g-man...

think philly gets spanked as well...

the other two are a toss up IMO

paytheline said:
i think the colts may get stomped here g-man...

think philly gets spanked as well...

the other two are a toss up IMO

Uh excuse me.. The "COLTS" are horses and the Ravens are "Birds".

The BIRDS will get stomped!:smiley_acbe: haha

Agree on Philly. :shake:

:nervous:if it were that easy...the broncos would be in the playoffs along with the lions & bengals

good luck

paytheline said:
:nervous:if it were that easy...the broncos would be in the playoffs along with the lions & bengals

good luck

Haha good one...

Ya forgot the BEARS!

Hey bro, like them all but Seattle. I know the whole Rex thing but I just can't see myself betting on Seattle as I think they are horrible. Liking any totals bro?

Do you remember that one game against rudi they shut him down.. and everyone was like oh the colts run d is fixed next game dayne goes wild on it

It def isnt fixed homie.. stats dont lie. Good luck

G, I like 'em all except the Colts, Seattle, and the Pats.

tipyerbartender said:
G, I like 'em all except the Colts, Seattle, and the Pats.

Thanks for the sarcastic message...next time I get to downtown Cleveland,
Ill stop in and buy ya a drink. YEAH right.

Best of health to you Tip.

abcs said:
Do you remember that one game against rudi they shut him down.. and everyone was like oh the colts run d is fixed next game dayne goes wild on it

Stats dont lie - youre right ABCS, but when you go by stats, and dont sort them, AND - if the most recent stat seems to have reversed a prior weakness, then it is the stat, that is mis-used in error to produce a risk factor which is wrongly used.

The Ravens will be baked my friend and the Colts will be there in the end for the money, IMO.

Just busting your balls, G, get that cash. The Cleveland economy needs your spending power.

LMAO the ravens d isnt as good as people think, and the colts d is getting better since they had 1 game where they stopped the run?? One is last in the nfl in rush defense and might be the worst of all time.. The other has about 7 pro bowlers and is ranked 1. Go figure..

Exactly who on the Saints defense is gonna stop Westbrook?

I think the Seahawks are going to get destroyed on Sunday. Too much anti-Bears talk out there. That being said, I'm not willing to the lay 9.5, but there are plenty of "8's" out there.

Good luck.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good luck Gman! I haven't even looked at these in the least! Hope you cash.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

tipyerbartender said:
Just busting your balls, G, get that cash. The Cleveland economy needs your spending power.

I know you were...

just bustin 'em back...

smh212 said:
Exactly who on the Saints defense is gonna stop Westbrook?

I think the Seahawks are going to get destroyed on Sunday. Too much anti-Bears talk out there. That being said, I'm not willing to the lay 9.5, but there are plenty of "8's" out there.

Good luck.

I feel that they can keep him contained enough to cause Garcia to toss int's downfield. Bottom line though, the Saints can run well and pass with Brees, keep the drives going and reduce the time for Philly get scores.

Bears have no chance of stopping Hawks run game with Alexander. He didnt play in the game back in October. Bears also are missing one CB for this game. Hasselback can pass on any defense when Alexander plays.

THIS GAME HAS MOVED 12 POINTS FROM THE FIRST GAME. I cant see where the Bears can cover this number on ANY PLAYOFF TEAM.

With you on the Colts G-Man...

FYI all...Manning and Co have beaten McNair w/ Titans 6-2 (6-0 last 3 years), and Balt 3-1 (only loss in 2001)

Bears have no chance stopping Alexander? You ever notice that all Alexander does in beat up on garbage teams(SF , STL , Ari , Hous etc)...I noticed this last season.....

Seriously go over his game log its a much different story when he is play NFC teams not in his division..( he had the good game vs GB which was banged up )

RB's all benefit from there OL and scheme....Seattle's OL isnt playing well and neither is the rest of the offense.

Dal playoffs 24c 69 yds
NYG 20c 47 yds ( Understood less then 100%)
@TB 28c 92yds

@Wash 20c 98 yds (most yards came in the 4thq and OT when he was fresh and the Skins D wasnt)
Dal 21c 61yds
NYG 31c 110yds
@Philly 19c 49yds

2005 playoffs
Wash 6c 9 yds...(sustained early concussion )
Car 34c 132 yds (solid performance)

There really isnt one exceptional game in the bunch...just my take...

SportsNut said:
Bears have no chance stopping Alexander? You ever notice that all Alexander does in beat up on garbage teams(SF , STL , Ari , Hous etc)...I noticed this last season.....

Seriously go over his game log its a much different story when he is play NFC teams not in his division..( he had the good game vs GB which was banged up )

RB's all benefit from there OL and scheme....Seattle's OL isnt playing well and neither is the rest of the offense.

Dal playoffs 24c 69 yds
NYG 20c 47 yds ( Understood less then 100%)
@TB 28c 92yds

@Wash 20c 98 yds (most yards came in the 4thq and OT when he was fresh and the Skins D wasnt)
Dal 21c 61yds
NYG 31c 110yds
@Philly 19c 49yds

2005 playoffs
Wash 6c 9 yds...(sustained early concussion )
Car 34c 132 yds (solid performance)

There really isnt one exceptional game in the bunch...just my take...

Good points Sport, but here is a better one.

Last 4 games Bears have given up 26 pts, 21, 31, 27 all to LOSERS!

Now theyre playing the SuperBowl Loser from last year, that got beat by the officials!

Like I said earlier, Chicago shouldn't give 9 points to ANY playoff team. They suck on offense and so does their defense.

Laying 9 aint smart IMO.

BigRaktor said:
With you on the Colts G-Man...

FYI all...Manning and Co have beaten McNair w/ Titans 6-2 (6-0 last 3 years), and Balt 3-1 (only loss in 2001)

Whats reeaaaaaal good here - is that the Colts will run on Baltimore and Manning will torch these DBs when they try to cover man to man.

i have liked the ravens all week......manning has had his way with the ravens and his passing game may be able to control the ability of the raven defense to blitz.....if the D can confuse peyton they have a real good shot at winning....if not...you very well may be right here

this is usually the week when home teams win and cover.....reason being...the better and stronger teams are all playing at home...because they earned it during the year

Thats true...

But the Rams scored two TDS after they were down 35 -13 with like 7 minutes to play in the game...so garbage time....not a true indication IMO...how can there offense stink if it scored 42..?

The Bears were trouncing on TB and probably thought they had it won and mentally let up it was seconds away from being 24-3....to start the 4th quarter....TB had like zero net yards for like the first 40minutes...

The Lions games is tough they had 13 possessions and all but 3 went 3 or 4 plays ( and out/punt)....Lions again got 2 3rd Q TDs when again the Bears had a 17-7 lead. The Lions get knocked alot but there offense was just as effecient down the stretch as say as Seattle Seahawk O , it just doesnt have the names...while Sea is busy struggling with SF on 2 occassions the Lions put good offense showing vs NE , Dallas and Chi...

The last game is week 17...useless and pointless since the season truly was over at that point...SNF...

I think thats part of the game.....make Seattle look valuable...game probably should be -7 but then again there isnt much difference bewteen 7 and 9..Clearly I am not saying you are wrong but you also didnt mention SEA is w/o 3 DBs and the defense didnt play well at home it was more that it got lucky Romo played so badly...as well as chances are Jackson and Hackett wont be able to play....I seem to recall Hasselback running for his life a few times last week...

So in a playoff game I wouldnt expect any mental letdowns from CHI to allow a team to creep back like it did late in the year.....

Seattle was the worst team in the playoffs and also playing in the freezing cold in what amounts to an early start for them isnt favorable....

They did a great job with the lines but I dont see Seattle winning here so I dont see the points of use in this situation....just my take...BOL

paytheline said:
i have liked the ravens all week......manning has had his way with the ravens and his passing game may be able to control the ability of the raven defense to blitz.....if the D can confuse peyton they have a real good shot at winning....if not...you very well may be right here

this is usually the week when home teams win and cover.....reason being...the better and stronger teams are all playing at home...because they earned it during the year

I have seen the Colts lose to great teams in the playoffs, but the Ravens confusing Manning is not going to happen IMO. He is as good as there is with the quick short pass and the Ravens dont fall into the category of great teams today. This year when they were healthy, they picked apart the Pats for a rare win.

It could be a close game until the Colts get in front, then its a race to the end zone:shake:

Heres a sweethart teaser getting 13 points for each team at Bodog

Dime to win 833.

Colts +17
Saints +7
Seattle +22
N.England +17.5

Mags said:
Hey bro, like them all but Seattle. I know the whole Rex thing but I just can't see myself betting on Seattle as I think they are horrible. Liking any totals bro?

Good Health Mags...

I dont think Grossman has enough. He hasnt been a top ranked QB at any time in his NFL career, and has always been a backup mostly until he got to Chicago...

:shake:

Yanks26Sox6 said:
agree on NO, G-man. hope we hit it.

& good health on indy, bro

Finally a good ball game. Colts had the better defense for sure - as the Ravens were as over-rated, as I said all season.

Saints won but no cover, so today I sweep. I hope

abcs said:

JUST as I said ABCs
My earlier response above..Stats dont lie - youre right ABCS, but when you go by stats, and dont sort them, AND - if the most recent stat seems to have reversed a prior weakness, then it is the stat, that is mis-used in error to produce a risk factor which is wrongly used.

The Ravens will be baked my friend and the Colts will be there in the end for the money, IMO.

Big Bad Ravens ran nowhere. Colts defense held a PLAYOFF team AT HOME, with 12 WINS to 6 POINTS! Ravens were TRULY an 8-8 TEAM!

"3-POINT MARTY" IS NEXT!

ALSO a REVENGE game for New England, after the 41-17 loss in 2005 to SD....

Troutman said:
GMAN GL, that Seattle bet is gonna make you sweat, the real value is in the ML

Money line MAY be the way to go for Bear bettors but NFC is 0-3 ATS so far in the playoffs and this could be the first SU win for the dog IMO.

AFC IS 3-0 ATS and SU.

:shake:

Have to say you were the wise one with SEATTLE...just thought they were fattening up both the Saints and Bears line to attract some dog backers...but I was oh so wrong....IF , I didnt overthink them I would have been wise like you ...nice work G...(in all seriousness)

SportsNut said:
Have to say you were the wise one with SEATTLE...just thought they were fattening up both the Saints and Bears line to attract some dog backers...but I was oh so wrong....IF , I didnt overthink them I would have been wise like you ...nice work G...(in all seriousness)

Thats why were all here to give our insight, sometimes we win and sometimes we lose.

You have a lot of class Sportsnut, and one game isnt a season.:shake:

Hats off my friend....we did the same....wtg.....3-1 .....not a bad weekend!!!!

Let's get them next week.:smiley_acbe:

abcs said:
LMAO the ravens d isnt as good as people think, and the colts d is getting better since they had 1 game where they stopped the run?? One is last in the nfl in rush defense and might be the worst of all time.. The other has about 7 pro bowlers and is ranked 1. Go figure..

OKAY??? DID I miss something?

One is last in the nfl in rush defense and might be the worst of all time.. The other has about 7 pro bowlers and is ranked 1. Go figure..

And they needed some pro bowlers on offense - which the Ravens forgot to bring to the game - to counter all those great, "no-name" defensive plays from the Colts...

:smiley_acbe:

Back