G-Man's Pro Playoff Division Champions. Sunday 1-18-09

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
G-Man's Pro Playoff Conference Champions. Sunday 1-18-09

Three of four surprises are on the table today for a dance in the super bowl. The only team that was a potential candidate by public opinion, was the Steelers.

I see a ton of play on Baltimore and Zona at various sites. Dogs have rocked in the playoffs. One thing I believe is true - is that there was NO really dominant team all season. All of the teams involved today have crashed and burned at times. So did, each of the teams they beat, to get here.

Some really strange things happened often, for teams to be here. I guess this is anybody's year?

I cant see a dog day here today but Im looking for a point spread split.

Only because Coughlin blew the entire Giants game himself, with bad play calling, is why the Eagles made it to the Championship game.

Zona is another weak team that is here because of the whole division being bad that they play in. Granted, they did beat Carolina, but the Panthers were the worst playoff team of all.

Carolina was a Jeckel and Hyde team. Going 8-0 at home until they had to win, and then being outplayed by the worst defensive team in the playoffs? The leagues most over rated quarterback of all time - Delhommo, threw 5 ints! How do you lose to the defense of Zona when they were dead last in defense, going into the playoffs???

I cant say the Eagles are for real because they were outplayed by the Giants (now midgets) and still won, because of Coughlin. I do know that Philly has a good defense and very good linebackers, but on the road in Arizona anything can happen. Im afraid that Andy Reid (who is another horrible oach IMO) is a worse risk, than the Cards defense. Maybe I see too much wrong with Reid and too little right with the team.

All-in-all I'm not betting on Zona. Although Reid is bad enough and too eager to run and run with a lead, he could win by one point. Unless Zona gets picked, which they should with that defense of Philly, the Eagles could struggle.

None the less, in 43 superbowls, I cant ever recall any team making it to the big dance with allowing 25 points per game on defense. That said - means I'm on the Eagles, with the hope of a few turnovers from Zona that turn into scores for Philly today. Im not laying the points though because of Reid. Money Line play for me .

Eagles ML (-200) 30 units to win 15.

What do you call a team that out-gained their last playoff opponent by over 100 yards passing?

What do you call a team that out-gained this opponent by 70 yds rushing.

What do you call this team that held their opponent to 11 passing completions?

What do you call this team that made their opponent punt 8 times while only punting 4 times themselves?

What do you call this team that that held their opponent to one trip inside the red zone and STOPPED them?

What do you call this team that held their opponent to a playoff low of 9 first downs?

You call them the Titans? Why is Baltimore here then? Because they had back-to-back games against teams that self destructed.
Steelers -6 20 units.

Two team teaser Pitt pk and Philly +2.5 10 units (to win 909.00)

GLTA

Last edited:
Good luck on the Eagles and health on Pitt. :cheers:

PS....The Ravens arent here because 2 teams self destructed. The Ravens are here because their defense caused 2 teams to self destruct. A good defense beats a good offense. :shake:

Good luck on the Eagles and health on Pitt. :cheers:

PS....The Ravens arent here because 2 teams self destructed. The Ravens are here because their defense caused 2 teams to self destruct. A good defense beats a good offense. :shake:

If that is true, then how did the worst defense in Arizona, pick off Delhomme 5 times while allowing over 25 points per game on defense this season? The Panthers self destructed. So did Miami and Tennessee. The Ravens were out-gained by 180 yards in the Titans game!

I dont like the Steelers at all, but the Ravens have a rookie QB and a rookie coach, facing one of the best run defenses in the league and facing a team that gets every break imaginable with the ref's and the most uncanny luck at turnovers. Plus, today the Steelers can run with both backs now healthy.

If the Black Birds win I wont be surprised, but they have to play at a level they havent played at yet this year to win this, OR - get some turnovers from the Steelers...
:shake:

Ok my friend....GLT US !!!!!!!!

here's what I am playing.....

Pitt-6 W

Ari+4 ( I think it comes down to a FG ) W

Ari/Phila U47 L

Ari+10/U52 teaser L

Ari+10/Pitt PK teaser W

leaning later to another teaser

Balto+12 /U 40.5 W

Last edited:
Ok my friend....GLT US !!!!!!!!

here's what I am playing.....

Pitt-6

Ari+4 ( I think it comes down to a FG )

Ari/Phila U47

Ari+10/U52 teaser

Ari+10/Pitt PK teaser

leaning later to another teaser

Balto+12 /U 40.5

GL FREE :cheers:

I am glad you split on your picks....better then down 2....I really think Arizona wins the S.B.:smiley_acbe:

Back