G-Man's Plays for Week 4. Thursday-Saturday

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Holding water so far, but expect to open it up this week. Went 11-6 last week (all road teams) and trying to find less plays with more quality. Season record to date in college is not where anyone would want to be (26-23) before thurs-fri, but this could be a chance to increase the win percentage.

This week I think that too many teams are overpriced at home. I like some, but again this week Im looking for road value.

Thursday.
Maimi -2.5 over A&M. Unranked Hurricanes are facing #20 team in the nation. I think that if Michigan, Notre Dame, had a decent start they'd be ranked and that Arizona St, Purdue, Michigan State and Cincinnatti all belong there. All those teams can probably beat A&M and if thats true, then A&M wouldnt be in the top25. Theyre over-ranked and going to get spanked in Hurricane land.

Miami -2.5 >3 Units. WON

Friday.

Oklahoma -22 (-130) over Tulsa. This is the first of 3 straight road games for OU. Have to think that the defense will do all it can to shut down Tulsa. Last week Tulsa was fortunate to get 4 turnovers from BYU. BYU though, has no great defense and that is where this game becomes a blow-out. Sooners have a good one for sure. (LW Tulsa only converted 3 of 13 third downs (23%) against BYU.)

I see the Sooners running up the score in Tulsa. With Colorado on deck for OU and getting an extra day off before the Colorado game, MEANS THEY COULD PLAY WELL INTO THE 4TH QTR. The last of the three on this trip is at #7 TEXAS. They'll be overpriced in Colo after this blowout and probably wont cover there, as they will be looking ahead then, to Texas. Not this week though.

Oklahoma -22. 5 Units. WON

Saturday.

North Carolina +13.5 over S. Fla. Cant back a team like S. Fla, with double digits against a NC team that has a good passing qb (TJ Yates) 339 yds, 3 Td, 1- int 65.8% vs Virginia. and 344yds 62.5% again 3 Td's and 1 int at East Carolina. This is a one score game here. The double digits allow a big back door with Yates throwng for all 4 quarters.

NC +13.5. 3 Units.LOSS

Illinois -2.5 Over Indiana. I havent forgotten that Illinois lost its first game to Missouri on 5 turnovers. This team should be 3-0, not 2-1. Had my money on the Illini LW against Syracuse. They didnt disappoint. Indiana has allowed too many points to soft programs like Indiana St (7), W.Mich(27pts) and Akron(24pts). They will allow many more to Illinois. Illini defense has been much better.

Illinois -2.5 . 4 Units. WON

Boston College -27 over Army. This line has dropped from opening at 30. It was wrong to begin with. It should be -33 in my system. Army scored off 3 Wake Forest to's in a 10-21 loss. More importantly WF only had 49 passing yards and 164 yds rushing against Army. Even more importantly is that only 3 pts were scored in the second half. Army is bad enough to get shut out for all 4 qtrs today in Boston. Matt Ryan gets BC into the 40 points plus range today.

Eagles -27. 4 Units.LOSS

BYU -11.5 over AirForce. BYU lost to UCLA, and Tulsa SU and has gone 0-2 ATS in those games tthat were on the road. Theyre at home against AF, that has shut down all three opponents they have faced so far. AF has held S.Carolina St., Utah and TCU to less than 100 yds rushing per game. BYU doesnt rely on the run so that wont be a factor here today. BYU did lose to Tulsa (who was trashed by Oklahoma last night), but they lost to Tulsa on 4 turnovers.. Expect a stellar effort at home against an AF team that only managed 20 pts on offense in their last two games.

BYU. -11.5. 3 units.WON

So. Carolina +17.5 Over LSU. This game is about defenses. In SC's last 5 regular season games they have allowed only 28, 7, 14, 12, and 3 pts. If they play well enough again against a LSU team that isnt "known for offense", then they will get the money today. Im expecting the great recruiting effort the last three years by Spurrier to show up today in this one.

SC +17.5 . 3 Units. WON

Penn State -2.5 over Michigan. Sucker-bet for Mich backers IMO. Either qb for Wolverines will be given a taste of defense today. Paterno's Posse will blitz all day and cause turnovers that will result in scores for the Nittany Lions. Penn State leads the NCAA with 17 sacks! That 8 game losing streak against Michigan thats been blasted all over TV this week - ends today!

Penn State -2.5 . 5 Units.LOSS

Ohio State -23 over Northwestern. Reason? NW lost to DUKE!. There is no rebounding when your confidence went down the drain against a team like Duke. Nuff said!

Buckeyes -23. 4 units.WON

Maryland +3.5 Over Wake Forest. Sleeper team MD(2-1) has played two nobody's and got beat by Virgina 20-22 LW. Wake Forest(1-2) has played BC, Neb, and Army, and losing to BC and Neb. Looks like the oddsmaker has them rebounding today for a win as they are favored by 3.5 over MD. I see MD winning this game SU. WF has come back down to earth after their great season LY. Revenge game here for MD, as last season they were beat 38-28 but suffered 3 int's in that one.

Maryland +3.5, 3 Units.LOSS

Iowa +7 Over Wisconsin. Iowa got caught looking ahead to this game last week in their loss to Iowa St. Wisky is supposed to be the best team in the Big 10? Maybe so, but when these two meet, Iowa usually plays them tough and wins the cash. Little known today - is that Iowa has NOT allowed an offensive touchdown this season. I expect the Hawkeyes to be around all day. LOOK FOR THE UPSET HERE!

Iowa +7. 3 Units WON

Still looking at a couple other plays?
GLTA

Last edited:
MEANS THEY COULD PLAY WELL INTO THE 4TH QTR. The last of the three on this trip is at #7 TEXAS. They'll be overpriced in Colo after this blowout and probably wont cover there, as they will be looking ahead then, to Texas. Not this week though.

Oklahoma -22. 5 Units.

Sounds like OU -3 for the 4th Q would make alot of sense according to your reasoning.

GL

I like that UNC play.. USF has WVU on deck and they don't have a field goal kicker if I remember the Auburn game correctly.

I like that UNC play.. USF has WVU on deck and they don't have a field goal kicker if I remember the Auburn game correctly.

No fg kicker could get them into trouble. Have to look into it. Even if he is playing, NC will be in it till the end IMO. Yates could pull out a win...

That FG kicker for USF is seriously the worst in America, if the upright's width was doubled, I swear he still would have missed two of those FGs against Auburn. I would not be surprised to see some USF soccer player in there very soon.

That FG kicker for USF is seriously the worst in America, if the upright's width was doubled, I swear he still would have missed two of those FGs against Auburn. I would not be surprised to see some USF soccer player in there very soon.

Good insight ATL. Thanks

7-4 week.

Butch Davis should have pulled his starting qb after the kid buried them in the first quarter...bad coaching.

So Fla is vastly over rated IMO.

Back