G-Man's Plays for Sinday 9-16-07

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Plenty of teams have played poorly in their first game. Cleveland is just one of them. I posted this Cleveland Browns play earlier in the week in my other thread. I'll re post it here and add to this play as I cap them.

(I bought 1 point here.)
Sep 11 3:22pm Football - Cleveland Browns - spread +7½ (-125) Browns are my play here for two reasons. The loss to pittsburgh was a total implosion. Five (5) turnovers was all the reason for the loss. Frye was gun-shy and made the game worse than it was. He's gone and DA will play. Quinn will get in this game if Cleveland doesnt appear to be close enough for a win. There is NO WAY the Browns staff is going to sit back and go 0-2 against the division without putting Brady Quinn in.

Play on Browns +7.5 (-125). 4 UNITS. 500/WON 400

Colts/Titans. I have a lot of respect for Colts, but the seem to play to the level of their competition at times. Indy "D" is improved only IF you judge it by the poor/flat play of the Saints LW. On the road is a different story. The Titans are sneaking up on the competition. Nearly no one is watching them closely. This will be a ball-control game today. The Titans ran for 282 yards LW at J'Ville. The Colts, wont be able to cover Young both ways at once. Look for the Titans to be there in the end with a possible upset.

Play on Tennessee +7. >4 Units WON.

Steelers/Bills. Steelers are nowhere near what anyone thinks, whether youre from Pittsburgh or anywhere else. They were stopped by Cleveland several times in the red zone, before the Browns finally imploded and all the motivation was gone. As a matter of reality, Pittsburgh could lose this game SU today. If they do, it wont be the first time a 10pt favorite got beat at home. I saw a totally ineffective offense LW in Cleveland and the Steelers are a BAD BET today IMO. Thank the public for the inflated number today. The true line here should be 4.5 IMO. The truer line is just enough parity, from my numbers, to offer a possible upset as well. Validation to be determined at 1:00pm today.!!

Play on Buffalo +10 > 4 Units LOSS.

Carolina/Houston. The Panthers have to be so effective with a healthy running game(38-186yds) that I cant see how Houston can stop them. The (Oilers)Texans, had the luxury of FOUR (4) KC turnovers, a rusty Larry Johnson and 2 int's and a 38 yd fumble recovery for another TD off the Chiefs. That wont happen today and Matt Schaub will get picked today by that ferocious defense of carolina today. Line here should be 11.

Panthers -6.5. >5 Units LOSS.

Jacksonville/Atlanta. A DD line here (10) could be tough to cover against a team (ATL) that is forced to pull out all the stops today to avoid a loss. Harrington is good enough to cover a DD number here against another qb (David Gerrard) who isnt setting the world on fire, but Gerrard doesnt make many mistakes and wont have to try to do to much to win this with a good defensive effort by J'Ville.. What Im willing to risk here, is that the Jag's will play the kind of defense, that they will score themselves too. If not, this could be a loser..

Play on Jacksonville. -10. >2 Units LOSS

Detroit/Minnesota. Ive waited for a long time for Detroit to win a road game. Ive always said: when they do that I'll bet on them. They are improved. This is the "Pro Sleeper Of The Week" here (just like the Buckeyes yesterday). Vikes are not in the same company today as Lions even with Peterson and Tavaris Jackson.

Lions -3 >5 Units.PUSH

Miami/Dallas. Boys are facing a stiff defense in one of the hardest places to score in all of the NFL.. The Phins are licking their chops today knowing that the Dallas defense has plenty of holes after last weeks scoring frenzy by NY. Romo wont be throwing for 300 plus today like LW at home. The phins will shut him down to a whole lot less. Wrong line here. Should be pick'em.

Miami+3.5 >4 Units.LOSS

Balitmore/Jets. Baltimore Ravens -9 over Jets. (waiting for line to move this morning) Ravens were victims of their OWN mistakes, much like Cleveland's game with the Steelers. Difference here is that they still almost won the Bengal game.(Pennington will play.) McNair is also doubtfull.
The Jets only ran for 60 yds LW against New England. Pennington is playing and I dont see him having much success against the Ravens. One BIG sack and he's on the bench again today.. Ravens suffered 6 turnovers against a Bengal team that had no business winning. Look-out today for a step backwards for the Jets. A big step.

Ravens -9.5 > 4 Units.LOSS

Denver/Oakland. Who are the Broncos? Im betting on the defense here only for this game. Denver should be able to completely shut down the Raider-less offense. Low scoring from Raiders allows this 10 point number today.

Denver -9.5. > 3 Units.LOSS

Kansas City/Chicago. Bears arent as good as they seem and the AFC will cover against them again today, Chiefs had tons of turnovers last week, a rusty Larry Johnson etc. Thanks for the 12pts here.. Chicago may struggle to get 17, and if so, the Chiefs only need 7. They'll get more than that today and cover this one.

Kansas City +12. >3 Units.WON

SanDiego/New England. Im skeptical that the Pats defense is as good as they showed from last weeks game. The Chargers can run all over them with the current group playing for NE today. Last game between these two was the playoffs and Brady was intercepted 3 times in that game. Pats may find it tough to shut down the best running game in the NFL and maybe be upset here. "Three-point Marty" (I named him that in Cleveland many tears ago, for losing games by going for field goals instead of touchdowns) is gone, so I cant see the Chargers getting conservative anymore with the new coach.

Chargers +4. > 5 Units.LOSS

Three team Parlay. >Carolina, Detroit,Baltimore. LOSS 100/609.

Four Team Parlay.>Bills, Browns, Titans, Panthers. LOSS 100/1177.

GLTA.

Last edited:
brownies are not for the slight of heart. hope they can compete for ya. cincy does have a west coast trip to seattle on deck. maybe a lookahead?

gl

GL my Man.....I am with you on Balto....going the other way with on your Brownie pick.....:tiphat:

I like that Ravens play.

I'm not sure the Jets can get more than 10 points today without turnovers or special teams TDs.

Back