***G-Man's NFL Opening day - Thursday -Monday***

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
2023 Season Final including Playoffs. 119-80. (59.7%) +6,410.00.. (+64.1 units)
Lets hope we can do it again!
BOL .

Units =100.00

Thursday
Balt +3 @ KC 5 units

Never forget how KC won in Balt LY. 3 Balt turnovers.
Ravens have a stronger DB field This year..

Friday
Green Bay +2 over Philly. 3 units

The Eagles were one of the worst defensive teams LY allowing 26 pts per game. They finished the season as a negative -1 scoring team.
GB struggled on the road SU last year, losing their first 4 road tilts - but improved after that and still managed to hold opponents to a season average of 21 points per game. They do have a consistent offense and are improved.
In addition- GB Coach Matt LeFleur also has a 59-31 SU record with an amazing 53-37 ats record. One of the best in the NFL.
As good as Nick Sirianni is - he is also 2-4-1 last 7 as a home favorite LY.
Im on the better defense today. GB.

Sunday
Buffalo -7 over Arizona. 2 units

lets not forget the Buffalo has a 19 pt defense and played many gams with injuries LY.
They bolstered their O'line with star Georgia lineman in draft.

Zona has Marvin Harrison but what else? They sucked in road tilts - losing by more than 10 points or more 5 times.
Rolling into Buffalo without a defense is suicide.
In 4 days the Bills play Miami on Thursday night.<<<

Miami -3 over Jacksonville. 2 units

Its a battle between the North and South!
Last three road games were all losses by more than 6 points each for the Jags. They do match up well with defense at 22 pts per game - but in Miami its another story - as the Phins are loaded with receivers.
In 4 days Miami goes to Buffalo on Thursday night. Hope they arent looking ahead and coast...

NY Giants +1.5 over Minnesota. 3 units

The Giants run game may be significantly improved, as they drafted star RB from Purdue, Tyrone Tracy, who averaged 6.3 yds per carry in College. NY also got first pick WR Nabers from LSU to their receiver group.
The Vikings do have a far better defense but, will they move the ball with a Rookie QB. This is the type of game where one turnover decides who wins.

Tennessee +4 over Chicago 3 units
Will Bears start a Rookie QB and expect a win? < Check that.
Neither team plays defense much, but at least the Titans have Levis at QB.
One good change is they have a new head coach - Bill Callahan, who was the OC at Cleveland.
That change could bring a win for Tennessee here.

Colts +2.5 over Houston 3 units.
Lot of additions last few years for Houston and they are a playoff team, but the Colts at home are still a solid.
Public is all over Houston.
Colts won 4 of last 6 to end the season last year and should be improved this season.

Dallas +2.5 over Browns. 2 units.
Could make this a Browns win, but no Nick Chubb (pup - first 4 games) removes any advantage Cleveland would have had.
Joe Flacco saved their season for them last year, but the owner was careless to let him go to Indy. Especially seeing now they have 4 QB's on their roster??? They will pay the price.
I'm still wondering why Cleveland traded away all the draft choices, for Watson - who was a 4-12 starter for Houston in his last season???? They also suck at coaching in Cleveland. Famous for the Prevent defense that loses games in the 2nd half.
The Dallas 20 point defense is still what wins games - so Im on the Boys'.
It should be a passing Marathon.

Raiders +3 over Chargers. 3 units.
Read the details> Up and coming Raiders have a defense that was 4th best in points allowed in the AFC.
Look out - as they come back with an improved offense and even a better defense.
They only averaged 2.5 pts per game less on offense and 2 pts more per game on defense than Guess who? - - The Chiefs!
Tough to fade Herbert - but the Raiders are improved. Question is - how much can Harbaugh do immediately?

Sunday Night
Rams +3 over Detroit. 3 units
Like the improved Lions, but for Matt Stafford - this Dome is Home. He rolled up 357 yards last time here and lost to Detroit 23-24 in the playoff with a Rams team that was weak in the run game. Rams outyarded Detroit by 90 yards in the loss. The better team lost.
LA is a plus(+2) scoring team which gives them a shot here.
Looking for a SU win -if not - at least a cover for the former Home Town Boy.
Revenge is on the table. Drink Up!

Monday game later.

Last edited:
Stefanski for the Browns has been named NFL Coach of the Year twice in his 4-year stint with the Browns. The Browns hadn't been to the playoffs for almost 20 years until his tenure. The defense was one of the best units last year under Coach Schwartz. What was concerning about the defense was not their prevent defense, but their ROAD defense. They were great at home, but shockingly average at best on the road. The game is at home for the Browns. The Cowboys are 15-1 at HOME the past 2 years, but only 7-8 on the road the past two years.

What is concerning is that teams that made the playoffs the previous year and open up as 3 points or less home favorites are just winning at a 33 percent clip. The Browns fall into this category week 1.

Not sure about Ravens game tonight because they have three new offensive linemen and a new defensive coordinator. Plus, they lost their defensive leader in Queen.

Good luck and thanks for posting.

Good points. You could argue that KC has been outplayed by a lot for majority of their games. Especially last 3. Helps to have Mahomes and the league’s agenda on your side. If they call 2 or more holding calls tonight on KC they won’t win. But how can you cap that?

NY Giants +1.5 over Minnesota. 3 units
Rookie J.J.MCCarthy Drafted from Michigan will likely do well in the NFL but he isn't Tom Brady. At lest not yet!
His first NFL game will be in Jersey.
The Giants run game may be significantly improved, as they drafted star RB from Purdue, Tyrone Tracy, who averaged 6.3 yds per carry in College. NY also got first pick WR Nabers from LSU to their receiver group.
The Vikings do have a far better defense but, will they move the ball with a Rookie QB. This is the type of game where one turnover decides who wins.
1000003526.jpg

Unfortunately I tend not to forget how I lose a massive playoff play, let’s see, 1st off even tho Lamar had gaping fields of wide open grass he refused to run past Los amd chucked ball 40 yards into double coverage, that happened a good 4-5x, some loudmouth badass rookie makes a play and instead of channeling his inner Barry sanders he went all TO and if that wasn’t bad enough he then proceeds to fumble on the 1 yard line as he was probably trying to think of a td dance! Those were the main things and ravens still had a chance.

Problem is I don’t expect this game to look like that cause ravens d held it down for them to make all those mistakes, by end the year they could possibly do that again but I don’t think a defense in week 1 who isn’t nearly ready is gonna stop big Andy who spent all summer and camp getting his offense ready to hum out the gates!! Now I’m not saying that means kc is the side cause I don’t think their d will be ready to chase Lamar around, takle Henry, stay on those wrs and have anything left in the 4th qrtr so yes i will unfortunately not soon forget that afc championship game that Kc got gifted i also have a hard time believing this game looks anything like that! Dunno what that means for outcome tho? Feels like it means a bunch of points to me!

Thanks for the painful memory! Gl this season buddy!

Stefanski for the Browns has been named NFL Coach of the Year twice in his 4-year stint with the Browns. The Browns hadn't been to the playoffs for almost 20 years until his tenure. The defense was one of the best units last year under Coach Schwartz. What was concerning about the defense was not their prevent defense, but their ROAD defense. They were great at home, but shockingly average at best on the road. The game is at home for the Browns. The Cowboys are 15-1 at HOME the past 2 years, but only 7-8 on the road the past two years.

What is concerning is that teams that made the playoffs the previous year and open up as 3 points or less home favorites are just winning at a 33 percent clip. The Browns fall into this category week 1.

Not sure about Ravens game tonight because they have three new offensive linemen and a new defensive coordinator. Plus, they lost their defensive leader in Queen.

Good luck and thanks for posting.
Your not a homieI am/. I watched him blow game after game with his calls and the prevent.
He's as bad as Francona was for the Indians. Last year Frncona lost 16 games with 3-4 run leads and waited until the opponent scored at least 4 runs or lost the lead which ever came last.!
Coaches dont win games...They can only lose them.

Good points. You could argue that KC has been outplayed by a lot for majority of their games. Especially last 3. Helps to have Mahomes and the league’s agenda on your side. If they call 2 or more holding calls tonight on KC they won’t win. But how can you cap that?

lol still on the refs and league agenda. Complete a 3rd and 2 in regulation at 2:00 and you win the Super Bowl. Should have been easy with your talent and line.

GL this season.

lol still on the refs and league agenda. Complete a 3rd and 2 in regulation at 2:00 and you win the Super Bowl. Should have been easy with your talent and line.

GL this season.

A holding call or 2 and it’s a DD win.

I’d prefer to be on the side of the refs and the agenda fwiw lol.

GL to you!

Atlanta -4 over Steelers. 2 units.
I mentioned this all last year. The Steelers were out gained in the first 10 games lat year.
I addition they faced 4 teams to finish the season without true starting.
QB Cousins can win this game and the Falcon defense was not all that bad LY by allowing only 22pts per game.
Cousins is better than anyone Pitt can play at QB today.
Steelers drafted 3 O' line men as they need to repair the run game.
I have little confidence in Wilson or who ever starts at QB in the first road game.

You called it man. What a putrid performance by the Browns. I was really impressed with Zimmer's defense, although I know Watson is terrible. All this love for Dan Quinn the past few years and Zimmer already has the defense looking better for the Cowboys in one game. Who was worse? Bengals or Browns???

Best of luck G-man! Good luck in week 2.

2-7. -1920.00

Monday

Jets +4.5 (-120) over SF. 5 units
Jets ML +175. 2 units

SF? They're 1-3 vs AFC last year and 1-4 including the Super Bowl.

The only AFC team they beat was Pittsburgh who was without a true starting QB.
The original line on this game was -6 way back before the season started.

The question is wether McCaffrey is playing or not.
The other question is - will Rodgers be effective vs this SF defense?

The Jets defense is acclaimed to be the best in the AFC as they are much like Cle, by playing a man-to-man defense which is what Purrdy has a problem with.

IF Rodgers plays to potential and the Jets defense is for real, then this game will reveal who the best team in the AFC East is.

SF never scored over 19 points in the 3 games vs Cincy, Balt and Cleveland. That fact gives the Jets a chance.
I also recall that vs Cleveland, they lost their best receiver Samuel in the 1st qtr, and McCaffrey in the 3rd qtr in that loss. But then again, Clevaland had no qb.
Browns started QB P. Walker who was no way a true starter and he also kept SF in it with 2 interceptions.
Rodgers is on a much different level as we know.
So - will the former "California Kid" QB shime ? I say yes.

Back