G-Man's Monday Nighter Giants/Browns 10-13-08

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Ho Hummm

Its an over rated Giants team playing an under achieving Browns team.

Giants have a 12 game winning road streak. Browns haven't won on Monday night since 1993. Big deal...

If there ever was one weekend of football that had everything turn out with numerous insane and crazy outcomes, this is the week. Nothing will change tonight either.

Cleveland has Stallworth back for the first game of the season. Winslow is likely out. Browns are deep at TE so that wont matter a whole lot. More important is that Tucker(OL) should start, McGinest is back, the great kick returner and the defense is playing a whole lot better than they played in their first 2-3 games.

Comparision here is the Bengal game for the G-Men. Bengals were in position to win it and battled all day in NY. The Bengals struggled at home with Cleveland and Cleveland outgained their first opponent on the season.

Had Palmer played yesterday, the improving Bengals would have likely beat the Jets. Things are turning around a little for the Browns. Many players that Cleveland had missing against the Giants in ther preseason slaughter, are in this tonight and will be a much different outcome.

Its a stretch to predict an upset, but many teams that won yesterday and Saturday in college won but didnt cover. Very unusual to have so many games turn out like that. Tonight could be the same.

But from what I watched in the Bengal/Giants game, the Browns watched on film and this game has one tag to it that just may fit. This may be the Shocktober game of the month!

Browns (-120)+9.5 (10 units) / ML 2 units +245. OVER 43 (3 units)

Riding a 4 team (5 unit) par from yesterday late game with SD (won) and under (won), and Cleveland and over tonight.

Browns by 6

GLTA

Hey G-man....I should have tailed you last night but I went with my heart & not my brain. Have been N.E. fan for years but it seems like they are done for this year. I was totally surprised at the no effort they put out there last night. As far as this game I am going nuts trying to decide which way to go. Blitzbandit has a good wirte up too but he is on the other side of you. Maybe I should just flip a coin but I keep thinking like Blitz here....The Giants are like the old N.E. Pats. Blowing teams away. I think the line is going up b/c the books are trying to not take a beating with alot on the Giants....What do you think about that?

Hey G-man....I should have tailed you last night but I went with my heart & not my brain. Have been N.E. fan for years but it seems like they are done for this year. I was totally surprised at the no effort they put out there last night. As far as this game I am going nuts trying to decide which way to go. Blitzbandit has a good wirte up too but he is on the other side of you. Maybe I should just flip a coin but I keep thinking like Blitz here....The Giants are like the old N.E. Pats. Blowing teams away. I think the line is going up b/c the books are trying to not take a beating with alot on the Giants....What do you think about that?

Best of luck in what ever you choose.:shake:

FULL MOON ...Effect in Cleveland. The Dogs are BITING TONIGHT!!!

NO BARK - ALL BITE!

GLTA :shake:

:smiley_acbe: I am happy! So glad I made the right choice tonight. Nice call on your part. Thanks so much for the insight. Glad you had both sides tonight!:cheers:

Excellent job tonite .....should be some value on the skins next week

i would normally agree with you, and i guess we'll have to see what the line comes out as, but i just don't think the skins match up well against the browns. looking at them in week 1, i'm thinking to myself, i'm going to pound the fuck outta the browns when they play this team. they have inability to exploit a lot of our weaknesses imo. but that was before them losing as 14 pt favs and us winning as 9 pt dogs...that could obviously change based on the line. but i don't think the skins have an advantage in matchups:shake:

i would normally agree with you, and i guess we'll have to see what the line comes out as, but i just don't think the skins match up well against the browns. looking at them in week 1, i'm thinking to myself, i'm going to pound the fuck outta the browns when they play this team. they have inability to exploit a lot of our weaknesses imo. but that was before them losing as 14 pt favs and us winning as 9 pt dogs...that could obviously change based on the line. but i don't think the skins have an advantage in matchups:shake:

IF Campbell wasnt the QB for the Skins they would have a better team. Wash does have a very good defense though and should have won against the Giants in week one..

Back